White Power LEDs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by REALSTYLES, Apr 13, 2015.

1. I've went from HID bulbs to colored led lights to cob led's. I've been using Cree CXA 3590',s but the new CXB's I received but been super busy so I can't put the 4 panels together right along with the other 2 CXA panels that I need to finish here's pics of the Meanwell drivers that got in last week.

SAM_0400.JPG SAM_0401.JPG SAM_0402.JPG SAM_0403.JPG

Super efficient super low heat but up front cost to make will pay off after a crop or two depending if you can grow. Not for the person who can't grow, but if you can grow this is the shit. Cree and Bridgelux Vero v2 are out and they kill HID lights yield wise watt for watt.

Looks nice, how's the performance for plants?

3. Before 3-17-2015
    SAM_0329.JPG

and after 4-15-2015
    SAM_0409.JPG

And they are from seed that I bred

4. Hey real, ive been following your lights a bit on the forum and you really made me want to make my own Led.

Do you know what the difference is between CXA and CXB?

Also to try and put the cost down i want to use vero 29s, are they as good? And you.mentionned vero v2 ive never seen those, are they on digikey?

5. #6 Peflora, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    RealS

See what you started lol

Don't give Sara too much info, they may actually copy it, though based on their new offering that seems unlikely.

6. Just finished panels 7 & 8 now and I still have 5 more panels to make here's some pic's of my set up as of today

SAM_0414.JPG SAM_0415.JPG SAM_0416.JPG SAM_0417.JPG SAM_0418.JPG SAM_0419.JPG SAM_0420.JPG SAM_0421.JPG SAM_0422.JPG

It's a 4x8 with 4 panels running 186w dimmed and turned up 413w each and 1 panel in a 2x4 and 2 panels in a 4x4 all dimmed

7. Your plants look damn happy under those cobs!! :)

i think i never ask Real some detailed specifications, just asked him the real draw power and how much he spent on each lights.

i think we can't copy a lights with such little info. 

And the most important thing is we would like to research and design the lights ourselves. no ned to copy anything.[​IMG]   so please don't worry Peflora[​IMG]

9. LOL. It's not rocket science

10. Awesome RealS

I do notice the leaf serrations aren't as sharp as they should be

Any ideas?

Other than that, they look fantastic

haha, If it's not rocket science, why not we design ourselves? you know we have lots of patent,[​IMG]

12. My lights are beast sorry Sara but my panels have Cosmic powers. I think I'm gonna start an led light company but they won't be cheap because they will be custom made. My buddy who owns a Hydro store saw my lights and he will sell them. I have to make a display panel and grow some peppers or tomatoes in a tent. My lights are so bright I'm black and look at this pic my hand looks white

SAM_0434.JPG

haha, i think your light will not be cheap, but it's cost-effective, and sure you can do a great business.

but i can't tell if you are black or not,but i can sure you are good person and capable.

14. WHITE POWER!!!!! Week 2 of flower started 5-4-2015 stay tuned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUVk4hyBrI

15. I would be down to purchase some. They would need to be priced fairly in comparison to OpticLED

16. You can make them I have a tutorial on here just click on my signature plus do some reading and the panels I make cost $700

17. Oh no, my comments are gone.
    The ones where I say your lights are straight janky and a complete fire hazard hahahah.

18. Grow off well you lose lol

View attachment 1771322
    View attachment 1771321

the first pic is only 4 plants that I bred.