Big Bang Theory Proven False. God Exists?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DivineVictoryX, Apr 12, 2015.

But I didn't say it works the same everywhere.. just that it is everywhere. If there is something beyond our reach and exists in this universe, there will be physical laws and math to it. Might not be the same as our math.. but the "language of the universe" is the easiest language to translate.

On a side note.. being that I believe the universe is infinite and expanding.. and that objects beyond 14 billionish are expanding away from us faster than the speed of light, even if we discovered light speed travel.. we would never even be able to travel to any galaxies that currently exist passed 14 billionish light years as they will always be expanding away from us faster than we can travel. That's provided the universe continues to expand.. but on the bright side, during our 14 billionish year long travel, new galaxies would form along the way.

2. Fair enough, I misunderstood.

I didn't think stuff could go faster then the speed of light, or even if it could we wouldn't be able to tell?

Well.. they can't really.. only relative to us. When we look out into outer space, we see galaxies expanding away from us.. and the further they are, the faster they're expanding away from us. Thing is, if you were in any one of the galaxies that are expanding away from us and looked at our galaxy.. we would be expanding away from them. A good way to think about it is they aren't actually moving from us, just that the space in between us is expanding. To them, they are sitting in their own part of the cosmos.. just like how we are.

4. Yeah it's mind bending stuff but interesting.

5. Ok man, learn how to spot bullshit in articles. Could, argue, and possibly are all words for we have no fucking clue. Also I'm sure the daily dot is not a credible scientific journal. I'm not saying the Big Bang theory is the absolute truth, but just because some journalist with an associates degree says it's false doesn't automatically prove God's existence which I have no idea how you came to that conclusion lol.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

6. Didn't Guth win a bunch of shit for inflation?

7. The Big Bang theory was invented by a priest I believe. It would prove or disprove God in any way in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I never understood the issue here.

Big bang has nothing to do with religion.

If you believe in God then you believe God created everything. Science would simply be the observation of creation...

If you are Christian, you simply believe God created tthe big bang.

Same with evolution. Why can't you believe in God and the origin of species?

-yuri

9. #49 -13 Amp-, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    because thats not how it is written in the bible to have happened...

basically its creationists( take the bible literally) that are so opposed to science, most "regular christians"(do not take the bible literally) don't have a real beef with science

but they got their little cute saying for it...

[​IMG]

10. true. The literal translation said God creates the entire universe in 7 days.

Most Christians will try to rationalize the Bible or say its not literal, but then turn around and say it must be literal iin this one specific case that science actually has an opinion on.

Sorry.

High! :rolleyes:

-yuri

11. Because they were told they must believe the bible is the word of god and must be taken literally. There are plenty of prominant christians who dont take it literally and accept the big bang and evolution

12. this was the start of my path towards atheism.

I realized, if we pick and chose which parts of the Bible are rational, and interpret it our own way, how can we claim any truth in the Bible?

-yuri

13. It doesnt have to be all true or none true.

14. true however, as soon as you question one thing, it.opens.everything else into question.

Eventually realized the truth, that the Bible was written by men and was not inspired by any sort of divinity

-yuri

15. That is true, as everything is open to question.

Very poetic.

17. I should rephrase.

Not "open to question"

More like "reason to question"

-yuri

18. Well you have Yahweh demanding blood, Jesus advocating peace and the Bible telling you Jesus is Yahweh incarnate.

Good reason to question lol.

19. one thing I learned in confirmation class is that only priests used to be allowed to read the bible because only they are qualified to interpret gods word

-yuri