Noticed a trend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Americans think we could never follow in the path of Nazi's for several reasons...

- Most think they actually have choices in the two-party duopoly 

- Our standard of living is so high compared to other countries, even poor people here are blissful and oblivious 

- Our propaganda machine makes the Nazi's look rudimentary and unsophisticated 

- Americans are riddled with physical/mental disease and fat bodies, literally leaving a great bulk of them incapable of critical thinking 

- Our educational system is broken and we have too much pride. On the whole, Americans have low intelligence and high confidence...(which is a mf dangerous combo for a country that sports the greatest war machine the world has ever seen). 

2. I love a good conspiracy theory, but you are failing to articulate what "their" master plan is... "their" is us, BTW.

3. Ok.. so how about you link that interview? Cause the only person to have linked any Snowden interview so far.. has been me. It's your claim, you back it up. With as many times as I've seen you cop out of an argument by saying 'can't prove a negative' you'd think you wouldn't be hypocritical on backing your own claims up.

And me saying that America will not turn into Nazi Germany is not me saying that something like what happened to Japanese Americans will not happen again. You're purposely mixing different points into one to try and not look bad and its not working.

And I never literally said the NSA spying is about terrorists.. your brother said that according to you. You seriously need to work on the goldfish memory span of yours or simply take a couple seconds to reread what was said. I support internal surveillance because I would be doing the same if I were in charge of running the country. I don't even really remember talking much about terrorism let alone using it to justify spying. My justification is that it is common place when leading people so you know what is going on and that I'd do the same.

What happened to the Japanese was enforced by the government.. and if it wasn't, it would of been enforced by the people and more than likely in a violent way. Yes, you are correct that the government was the ones who put them in camps.. but when it is something the majority of the people wanted the government to do, it was the government doing what the people wanted it to do. Remember, your words.. we are a government made of people for the people.. and it was the people who wanted it.

Speaking of.. what happened after 9-11? Were thousands of Muslims rounded up and put in camps? No, because the people learned from the past.. and 9-11 was worse for the people because it was an attack on civilians and not an attack on military. So the fact that we were able to move on after 9-11 tells me that something like what happened to the Japanese probably won't happen again.

I want to eat Yuri.. cause fear makes an animal taste better and with all the fear and paranoia running through him, he is going to be a meal to savor. I'm drooling just thinking bout it.

4. If I've noticed any trend it's extreme politics are coming back globally. Europe is becoming ripe with nationalism, especially in extremely multicultural places. People will welcome this with open arms.

5. I think you are missing the point entirely.

I really don't care to dig up that video. Call me a liar if you want. I'm not trying to prove anything.

The point of this thread is to discuss the principles of giving government too much power and just hoping they wont abuse it.

And that's what you are doing. Completely relinquishing all control to the government, and naively thinking they won't misuse it.

-yuri

6. I agree with OP along with these other facts

1) Rising costs of owning and renting a home/apartment.
    2) Sky rocketing costs of a college education.
    3) Students being disillusioned by being underemployed/unemployed. (I actually know a guy trying to get to med school and he still works at a warehouse AND he has a masters degree)
    4) Police tactics are finally being challenged on a national level.
    5) More people want to live without government assistance, but they can't get off since the jobs pay such a low wage, it's hard to make ends meets, and if they make a certain amount, welfare is instantly cut off.
    6)The lack of caring more about people such as our veterans but celebrities get more attention.
    7) Social media is changing very quickly which also gives the government more access to people's personal lives more than ever.

Even if the government was listening in on all my phone calls and texts and emails.. that is in no way shape or form giving them control over me. Unless you're spineless, you are still in control.. as I am.

And remember you own words earlier.. we are a government made of the people for the people. So if the people are giving up all control of themselves, which only a paranoid person would actually believe, they are giving up control to the government made of the people for the people. So in essence, the people would be giving control to the people.. and the government made of the people would be enforcing the people's decision. That's how it's always worked here, the majority wins. Just like after Pearl Harbor, the majority of the people were misguided from fear and paranoia and wanted the Japanese detained.. and the government did that. Fast forward to 9-11 and the majority of the people weren't calling for Muslims to be detained in mass, because we learned from the past.. and the government didn't mass arrest them.

Seems like your issue is more with human nature and using the government as a scapegoat cause we all know you can't fight human nature.. you can only guide it.

I just want to comment on this cause I always find this train of thought to be funny.. cause when you put stuff out there on social media, you're presenting it to the world. The world includes the government.. and then people are like "The government is snooping my Facebook where I publicly post stuff for everyone to see.. the nerve!". It's simple, common sense.. if you don't want people to know something, don't put it out there for people to see.

9. I don't even have social media. I am just saying it as a general fact. Even if you are posting innocent things.

10. you are not making sense at all manticore.

Would you give a gangster a gun if he promised to use it to protect you?

-yuri

That's a dumb analogy.. and I know it won't make sense to you, it won't make sense to someone who is full of fear and paranoia. Remember that ADHD thread where the flavor of the topic was blaming doctors and the healthcare system? This reminds me of that.. because that was a prime example of weak willed people thinking other people have control over them. They blame doctors for writing prescriptions out that they went to the doctor for and act like those doctors had control over them and forced them take them.. when the only control doctors have is what their patients give them.

It's the same thing here.. weak willed people thinking the government has some evil plot to control you. You're free to do what you want in the same way that everyone else is free to do what you want. Now I am sure you're thinking something like "there are laws and rules and blah blah blah" and that's true, but you don't have to follow them.. but you might have to deal with the consequences. It's like with my nephew, going through his hellion phase.. when he was about to do something he knew he shouldn't be doing, he'd ask in a way. Like during his hitting phase, he'd ask or state that he was going to hit me and I told him he is free to do so.. in the same way I am free to punish him for it. If you live your life as a decent human being, there is really no need to fear repercussions. If you're not a decent human being, because you are weak willed.. then live in fear and paranoia all you want.. cause chances are it is going to bite you in the ass.

Then again, could just be my antisocial personality.. cause no one can control me. That's why religion went in one ear and out the other, that's why my teachers would get agitated by me, and it's why almost every single job I've had.. after a month or so management realizes I can't be controlled and basically just leaves me to my own devices. In work meetings when they would be going over who does what, I usually end up getting "just do what you do" and that's whatever I want in terms of the job. Hell, my one job was a cabinet factory that was opened for decades.. and I was only there for about 2 years. During that time, I was written up more than anyone else ever.. 2 counts of sexual harassment, 1 of verbal harassment, and a ton of write ups for playing pranks on people. I was probably in some meeting once every week or two about something I did. Drew a big ol' dick on some dude's locker and the vice president of the company was giving a tour to investors and they all walked passed it and saw it. Tons of fucked up shit.. yet they never fired me because on the other side of the coin I was more nice than I was mean and I did my job with near perfection and then some. They couldn't control me.. just like no one else, not even the government can control me. Why? Because I don't like in fear..

Aside from the growing distaste I have for people who live in fear from this thread, I do feel better about people cause it made me realize something with the Japanese thing. Racism (which stems from fear) was more commonplace back then, still around today.. but it was part of the group think, now it's more of an individual thing. If 9-11 happened back then, we would of been shoving Muslims into camps.. it not stringing them up. The fact that the Muslim community didn't end up like the Japanese community during WW2 speaks volumes of the progress we've made.. progress that is hampered when fearful, weak willed people spread their own personal propaganda because they don't want to be alone. Misery does love company..

Killing it's own citizen without due process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0p8P_lY1U

13. It seems they achieved this power long ago and we are powerless to stop it. All we can do is slow them down, and we're probably not even doing a good job.

'What's that bitch who's fucking that one star, wearing to the award show?' #sheep

14. #54 yurigadaisukida, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    its not paranoia

I'm not claiming there is some evil plot.

I'm explaining that its dangerous to trust any entity with your entire life

I'm saying the trend of wanting to take responsibility away from individuals and give it to elite minorities, is a slippery slope

-yuri

You brought up the possibility of the government become tyrannical.. you brought up the US being like how Germany was before the rise of the Nazis.. and you made an analogy to the government as a gangster with a handgun. That is paranoia.. and while your intention might be to help people wake up to whatever it is, you're spreading your paranoia. Paranoia is a natural thing.. but when you try to act like it's not part of you, it will take hold. That's what happened to the Japanese.. paranoia struck and it probably only needed one person to start making paranoid allegations against the Japanese for it to spread like wildfire through the masses. Sure, ANYTHING is a possibility.. but to even think it is actually possible for the US to become like Nazi Germany is being paranoid. It's not being cautious.. it's not even being logical, it is being controlled by your emotions, specifically fear.. the seed of paranoia.

16. No sir. That is history
    Paranoia is defined as the irrational fear that everyone is conspiring against you.

Claiming there is a possibility of abuse of power and citing historical trends is not paranoid.

You see manticore. You are literally saying thateven tthough we've seen that gravity exists, this time if we drop the ball it wont fall

If you have ever studied any history of any country in any time period, yous realize that trusting any government with excess power is dangerous. Every single time.

Not fear and paranoia. Just learning from historical facts

-yuri

Lol.. no. That is an example of paranoia. Just a shot in the dark.. but when you look up a definition and they give you an example to help give you a better idea of the meaning, the example isn't the definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

I underlined those that apply to you.. because you're paranoid. Being that I don't forget much, it's not even this thread that tells me that.. I've seen numerous posts and claims that demonstrate to me that paranoia is a ruling aspect of you.

Speaking of definitions.. perhaps you should learn what literally means?

Ok.. but the US government doesn't have excess power. In fact, it is far from it. Sure, you can look through history and it is good to learn from the past, but there really has never been a country like the US before. We are the most mixed when it comes to our people.. and that sort of mash up can't be controlled. Not only that.. the government spying tells me something.. that they are paranoid because they are fearful of the people, like it should be.

18. LOL. I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree here.

What you call paranoid I call learning from history.

Like most mental illness you are labeling me for disagreement to belittle views as crazy

All.you really did was prove the point.of tje thread.

-yuri

And if the conspiracy is real, the fear is rational and warranted.

20. If the government is there to do what we want them to do why is there still an IRS? Why do we still have to pay taxes, giant entree the majority of people don't want to but the government doesn't care about what we want in the end. They do what they want regardless of how we want because their loyalty isn't to the people it's to the corporations.

Why didn't we round up Muslims after 9/11? It's not that we learned from Pearl Harbor it's because there was no need to. they used that same fear we had when we rounded up the Japanese to pass the Patriot Act to spy on "terrorists" which turned out to be all Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum