Noticed a trend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Apr 12, 2015.

1. #1 yurigadaisukida, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    A lot of people root their political beliefs in the idea that the government will never become tyrannical

Whenever a question like "what if another nazi Germany happens" people automatically look at you crazy. Their default response is it can't and wont happen.

To even consider the possibility that the us government might turn on its citizens makes one "paranoid"

Propaganda win

I believe this to be a serious problem. Why do so many people honestly think the American government will never do such thing?

The government has recently been given the power to spy on anyone at any time without a warrent, as well as arrest anyone at any time with no trial if they believe you to he a national security threat.

But its just to catch baddies mkaaaay?

-yuri

• Like Like x 13
  2. Lay off the weed man. The government is only there to help you.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Well I agree with you that a lot of people have an unrealistic notion of government. Many people don't realize the full scale of inefficiency and abuse of power that goes on. I do however agree with most people that it is unlikely that any time in the near future that well have some kind of totalitarian nazi state. Sure it's a possibility, but it just doesn't seem very likely given how the american government works. I know there are many abuses, but I highly doubt well see a time in America where one political party rounds up and imprisons all opposing political parties. Like I said I could be wrong but it just seems unlikely. We will most likely see governmental abuse of power like increased surveillance, tampering with opposing political parties, and other sketchy things along those lines but I think it is unlikely that America will reach a full totalitarian state any time in the immediate future. There are a good deal who are brainwashed into blindly believing that what the gov is doing is always good, but there are probably a large percent who disagree like myself with what our gov does, but don't feel that a totalitarian state is coming in the near future. Ultimately, people are just ignorant, but that's because most people don't give a shit and are just worried about their day to day lives.

4. The German people were not forced into becoming Nazi's. They chose to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 forty winks, Apr 12, 2015
    Democratic tyranny happens when special interests control the state apparatus and dictate tax policy, foreign affairs and governance in general.

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.”  Il Duce

“Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege.”  Tommy Douglas

• Like Like x 6
  6. I base my political beliefs on revolutionaries of the past. I feel it is time for the 2nd American Revolution and a nice purge of the system. I absolutely believe that if left unchecked, the US government has the potential to become tyrannical an screw us all over. Just don't let me in charge, then you will all be living in the People's Republic of America.

• Like Like x 3
  7. #7 JohnnyWeedSeed, Apr 12, 2015
    Take control of yourself. Stop begging criminals to take responsibility for your life.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  8. American soldiers are not forced into becoming soldiers. They choose to.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. this is why people think it wont happen. They don't even realize they are making it happen as we speak

-yuri

What do you think is happening?

I think the only reason you noticed this "trend" is because you're part of the "government is tyranny" trend. In all reality, it is highly unlikely that we would ever become like Nazi Germany. People forget that our police and soldiers are made out of people.. many of whom are doing what they do because they want to protect those who live in this country. Even if they don't agree with the way government handles some things.. they're in it to protect the people. The typical negative bias of human nature makes us focus on the few who are dicks and assume all are like that, but they're not. With the way our country is, I don't see the government being able to turn the whole of police and military on the people most of them signed up to protect. They might try and have tiny bouts here and there.. but they would know that that is dumb to do as it would only raise awareness of their plan.. when the only way they'd be able to enact their plan is in one big swoop, which again, would be next to impossible because they'd need pretty much all the police and military and then some and they'd probably never get that.

12. In other words, Hilary Clinton 2016!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Your argument us based on fallacious logic and naive notions.

Question: so you believe German soldiers were any different?
    Which people?
    Our own history proves this wrong. Are you saying its different this time?
    Lol

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  14. the government is being given increasing ammounts of power, and we are becoming more reliant on it.

We are literally playing with fire and hoping we don't burn down the forest....

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  15. Another way to look at this.

It would be like signing over the title of your house to your roommate, quitting your job, giving him your guns and your car, and hoping he will take care of you forever.

-yuri

• Like Like x 2
    But what do you think the result of that will be and why do you think it is happening?

17. see the above post.

Essentially as a society we want to relinquish responsibility.

We want to be taken care of. We feel perfectly comfortable with giving an entity (government) complete power over our lives.

We are giving them the power to do great evil, under the impression that they wont use this power for evil.

Its not really about what I think "will" happen. Its aabout the principle of surrendering your future

Is it really so hard to believe that anarchists, Muslims, and right wing extremists might one day be arrested without trial under the patriot act? That we could have mass arrests and prison camps?

Its already public knowledge that the FBI considers the anti government far right the biggest national security threat in our borders. You can find that info at FBI.gov

And is it so hard to believe that people will allow this? Yea there is always resistance. Just like in hitlers Germany where many tried to protect the Jews.

All they have to do is convince you these people are dangerous, and you'll have the majority support

Its nice to think we could have some sort of perfect bee hive society. But you can't. If you give people power, they WILL abuse it

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
    Yes.. because the US is not currently a country that was just ripped up from a world war. In order for the US to end up like Nazi Germany.. it'd have to go through similar events. We'd have to take part in a world war.. lose and have to basically pay for war damages, then have a charismatic politician spread fear and making promises to the masses who are still bouncing back from war and getting elected for a top position and then him forcing Congress or whoever to give him complete and total control to do anything he wanted by having his small military force surround the capital and intimidate them into doing it.. and then using that power to establish a dictatorship. If you truly believe that the US will end up like Nazi Germany.. you're fucking paranoid.. lol Our country would have to actually fall in order for that to happen, not stumble and wobble around, but fall flat on it's face.. and if that happens, then it wouldn't be the United States either way.

The citizens.. I mean, I know it's easy to get caught up in police/government hate cause there's always a ton of it on the internet, but cops and soldiers are people and people can be shitty. But they're not all like that.. and if you think they are, be mindful that that just means that is how society is. You don't really become a gung-ho cop or soldier for the money.. you either do it because you want to help people or secretly want to control or hurt people. If the majority of police and soldiers are dicks or mindless pawns or whatever, it's because the majority of society is like that.. and it's not.

Where in our history does it mimic the rise of Nazi Germany? There's always going to be clashes between the masses and those in charge of the masses.. always. Whether violently or peacefully, there will be butting of heads.. and the violence isn't always started by "the state". But of all the clashes and wars, I really don't see how we could even resemble Nazi Germany rising.. that's just dumb.

Te he he

-manti

• Like Like x 1
    I agree that this is happening with the American government (and the Australian government here too, to a lesser degree). They are using the peoples fear of terrorism to take away more of their own rights at home. But I wonder if this is really a fair trade, and I also wonder what the governments true motives might be. Some might call me paranoid, but I feel as though the danger of mistreatment by the government is greater a threat than that of the terrorists who they claim to be protecting us from.

20. Might turn on their citizens? It's already begun. How about a sitting president that used his appointed chief puppet in the IRS to target his political party's political enemies? How about a DOJ that intentionally tries to drum up a federal crime where none such existed - three times in a row - just to make a politically correct statement and placate the falsely drummed up anger of a voting block? I could go on... 

Anyway, see this post for my mixed feelings on the subject.

• Like Like x 1