Marios First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mborza, Apr 11, 2015.

Yep 600w is very strong, next version up would be a 1000w.
    Your get some serious heat from you 600w, it was one of the reasons I switched away from HPS as they ran too hot.
    The room your growing in, has it got windows or any air vents in it?

2. well you were not half wrong I hung the light aprox 2.5-3ft above the pots, opened a window and the temps are still hitting 28-29 degrees, ill order a decent tent next too

ive a couple of pictures ill post now nothing special

3. #43 mborza, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    1429177882888.jpg
    Day 5. Two have popped. Leaves look a little yellow which you can't see to clear from the colour of the light

Attached Files:

4. Just checked the temp in the room since the light went in.... 40 degrees

5. Way too hot 40degrees is like over 100.

6. All sorted back to a steady 28 degrees

7. What did you do?
    What lightcycle you gonna be running.

8. Well I actually got the misses to check the temps as I'm in work to cut a long story short I left the thermostat on the ballast.... i went home on my lunch and just moved the thermostat and problem solved lol
    I'd planned on 24hr for the first week or so then to 20/4 up to flowering after that I wasn't really sure. What do you run?

9. Think different day 8
    Amnesia haze day 8

Attached Files:

10. Posted this here:

Don't have the fan blowing directly on the new seedlings, but leave it going when lights are on and off.
    Best to aim the fan to blow just above the tops of the seedlings, to bring down the heat of the lights.
    Once the plants have established you need a slight bit of air movement, hence why fan needs to be on all the time.

Set you timer up for 20/4, then you don't have to worry about anything.
    I water a few hours after the lights have come on, when the plants are due a watering of course.

No worries on the help, I was in your position roughly this time last year.
    Try to keep a log of when your seedlings popped soil etc, between day 25 and 30 you should see you plants starting to flower.
    First few waterings use only 200ml water, then slowly increase water amount up a few 100ml each time.
    You don't want to start thinking about nutes till you have at least 3 or 4 sets of leaves on the plant.

11. #51 gingerb, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    Did you just get a clip fan?
    Have you considered getting a carbon filter also?
    As give or take 30 days into the grow those plants will start smelling.

12. So tent ordered. Filter ordered ducting ordered and ph tester ordered total investment is now about £350 jeez I hope I genuinely save money now instead off buying my green from somebody else

Also day 9 pic

Attached Files:

13. hey mate. What size tent is it?

14. I ordered a big one 2.4x2x1.2 meters

15. Should be enough for upto 4 plants I'd day maybe more

16. I got a 0.5m X 0.5m X 1m tent and have hapilly fitted 3 plants in. Now I'm doing 3 plants with a scrog.

You could fit like 6 7 or 8 in there probably lol

17. Probably but 7 or 8 plants and personal consumption might be a tough sell should anything ever go wrong lol

18. Ah I see, you could have 3 in there and top them and have a net in there for a scrog. And it should fill the tent with bud and you would only have 3 plants

19. Tbh I don't know enough about scrog or topping yet I don't think I'd even try until at least my second grow

20. Yeah man even of you didn't do anything like that the plants will grow big with the space you will have :)