Marios First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mborza, Apr 11, 2015.

Pick up a T5 light (Fluoresecent tube bulb) and the light fitting for it.
    The sort of lights you have under kitchen cupboards.

But if you only have 2 days, it will take a good 2 or 3 days for your seeds to pop soil once in your pops.
    I'd wait and until they pop soil, as you light may have been delivered by then.

2. Ah ok so once they go to soil they don't need the hps light straight away I still have a day or so?

3. Yep your have between 2 or 3 days till seeds pop above soil,
    Once popped that's when you need light.

4. Ok perfect almost time for picture updates so.....

5. Day 3 they have popped and are now planted in soil. Small mishap when planting one seed so it might be the case I only end up with 5 plants but ill see how this pans out. I have another 6 seeds of auto diesel mass I was waiting on so if this goes completly wrong I've another set ready to go

Attached Files:

6. day 4 waiting for them to break the soil... god i hate waiting

on a plus side i was given a free fem auto seed of crystal meth i never realized came with my other seeds, anybody used that strain before? review look interesting

7. Ok so this evening it will be exactly 48hrs since they were planted in soil but so far not even 1 of the 6 has come up for air.... I'm starting to get worried :/ should I be or is this normal? Should they be in complete darkness? Or is a normal temperature controlled room ok?

8. As long as not cold they will be fine, can take 2 or 3 days.
    Could even put them on window sill or outside todAy.
    How deep in soil you put seeds?
    As long as pots are't cold, need warmth.
    Leave them for few more days.

9. Yeah the room is ok averages between 20 and 30 degrees in the room. Soil is moist in John innes number 2. The seeds are planted roughly 2cm below the surface....

The light arrived now too so that's now an option. I guess I thought at least one might have hit the surface by now so starting to worry a little

Don't let it stay around 30 in your room too long.
    What light have you got by the way?

It's just a waiting game now really, they should pop soil soon if they all germed in kitchen tissue before hand.

11. Hey Mario mine have broke the soil yesterday so ill be on par with you :) ill sub up to your topic if you wanna check mine out links below man :)

Happy growing :D

12. Thanks man things are starting to move on my grow now. One popped earlier came back n checked a few hours later and it had 2 leaves and a 2nd planted popped too. I'll probably go in tomorrow and more progress will be made. Panic over anyway. I'll start to put the light on it tomorrow

Ok cool, now whatever you do don't water them for at least 4 or 5 days.
    Depending on your light also make sure its not to close to them from above.

ok so give it until sun/mon roughly before i water them? because the pots are quite large i wont be able to get them all covered unless the light is 1-2ft above.... im strongly considering investing in another light... i think ill need one anyway for later on in the grow if/when they are at full height i cant see the plants getting full coverage

15. What light have you got?

16. #36 icedweed, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    I don't know if it's a good idea or not but I've been keeping the top of the soil around the seedlings moist with a spray bottle because the coco coir gets really dry and dusty under the cflast because it's close and it keeps them happy I think ha ha :D

I don;t have any experience of growing in coco, but becareful of over spraying with water.

18. Your gonna have to be very careful with using that light to start with it will burn/fry your seedlings if too close.
    At a guess you want it about 30" above the top of your pots, maybe even more. Then when your plants start to grow,
    slow move the light down each week.

19. Is that light quite a strong one?