do we live in a rape culture?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by fracturtle, Apr 11, 2015.

1. 3:30am...well I guess we disagree on the situation, I didn't exactly go straight on topic. 

But I can post countless cases where guys get less then 60 days in jail for raping a child/teen/adult.  Where as other non-violent crimes gain a harsher penalty.

2. The reason is because people who sell marijuana take money away from pharmaceutical/tobacco/alcohol companies etc. and they are an easy source of revenue for private prison companies. Money is more important than people's lives. That one's pretty easy to figure out.

3. Don't remember anyone even having to teach "rape is bad"...

4. #204 fromTheOldCountry, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015

No one taught me so I didn't know it was wrong DA, I was sick that day of class. 

5. It isn't rape, it's degradation. And I'm also ashamed to be of the same species that do physically rape someone. Girls can hardly go out without some scrotey pervert staring at them or trying to creepily chat them up. I remember my sister once ran home crying because some man was touching himself staring at her on the train, then when she got off he followed her so she ran quickly. The worrying thing is that this isn't even uncommon. I believe men like this should be chemically castrated. People say that is inhumane and degrading to be chemically castrated, but it's even more inhumane when they're raping people and putting people on edge, if they can't behave like normal people and not be freaks then they should be castrated, it seems fair. (Chemical castration). I still worry about my sister now too so nothing's changes, if anything it's becoming a growing problem in society and needs to be stopped.

Just my 2cent though

6. What's a rape culture?

I've heard of species of animals that rape, but not whole cultures?

7. That's the messed up part.  Clearly people want to be able to buy this plant legally, I know I do, but can I?  Nope.  Forced to buy it off the street, and commit a crime.

8. Theres actually not much evidence that teststerone promotes agressive behaviour. I dont know why so many people believe that.

9. #209 Vicious, Apr 25, 2015

I was giving her the benefit of doubt.

10. I had a team of ducks that were into rape.  Every day after their meal the guys would gang up on the poor girl ducks and take turns raping them.

11. #211 fracturtle, Apr 25, 2015
    does that reflect what is considered normal/acceptable behavior though? i understand, especially in cities and congested areas like public transit that nutjobs do weird things but virtually no one supports that. i suppose if enough people stood up and actually did something about what sounds like a sort of sexually perverted bullying, it might be easier to get the serious threats that are willing to act physically separated from 'normal' society. 

no offense but this post sort of highlights the hysteria being created by the narrative being constructed. everyone's sister has been ogled and nearly raped in a bus/train/dark alley, including my own. the fear of that possibility has been ingrained in all of our minds. i don't want to belittle their experiences but encountering a scumbag is not being rape. denigration, quite possibly, but let's not forget that words have definitions and mean different things. 

obviously certain scummy men and women both see everyone else as lesser than them and there for the taking whether it by by ogling or physically taking and having their way with them but they are the vast minority and i am totally unaware of ANYONE who condones that sort of behavior. 

12. Orangutans rape. It's fairly common.

They are violent, often bashing the head of the female with a rock first.

13. #213 rain dancer, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Source:
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-01-13/local/me-231_1_orangutan-foundation/2

They rape human females as well. I bolded the above.

14. I don't know what yall talking about but testosterone is they key hormone that causes dominance, aggression, etc
    Scientific fact. 

15. #216 Vicious, Apr 25, 2015
  16. I was tryin to keep it simple for people who didn't already know the basics of hormones.

Here you go for a little more in depth look at testosterone and the roll it plays, 

http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/mjm/v06n01/v06p032/v06p032.pdf

17. #218 Vicious, Apr 25, 2015

It didn't say it's the key hormone. It says it motivates it. The study is about gaze aversion and they're linking it to animal behavior. I can't believe you're taking one correlative studying as something absolutely conclusive and defining. I can't deal with people like you. I highly recommend you take a research class if you're in college.

Second line: although firm evidence is lacking for humans.

What are you doing? Taking it as fact and applying it to humans.

Read the whole article.

It breaks down how testosterone effects the brain in numerous ways.
    i can send you links all day but a simple google search or psychology class could offer you the same answer.
    Testosterone does cause aggressive behavior.
    It is the key MALE hormone.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/280915.php