Anyone ever done knife hits?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by dankastank420, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Damn, I thought I had smoked weed with pretty much every method around, guess not :laughing:

Never seen anybody do them. I looked up a video, seems like a decent ghetto dabbing technique. But weed? Hell no.

I'm spoiled and prefer glass bongs and pipes :p

2. Old tech..not worth ruining 2 good butter knives and burning your fingers. imo😐

3. Oh good god no!

Ruin our solid silverware cutlery!I think not.

4. #24 Twistedweather, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    knife hits are great when you are in a pinch w/o any smoking tools, instead using found items.   It's definitely not my preferred method.   I find it easier to take knife hits with a friend rather than solo.  One person does the knives, other inhales then trade places.

You don't need a lot of herb to get super stoned, if you do it right.  Make sure the knives are hot enough, they should  glow red @ the tip.

have a large enough container to funnel the smoke if solo..  You can use an paper towel roll filled with ice to cool the smoke on the inhale.

jus some tips I've learned from experience

5. Hot knives and gravity bongs are the 2 most common ways of smoking weed in nz, but we call hot knives spots and gravity bongs buckies. Bongs and stuff are still common but every ghetto house you go to with weed smokers will have knives by the stove.

So we burn the mary jane til' the third degree

6. Jo is my new favorite "get stoned and watch YouTube" youtuber XD
    "WHATUP YOUTUBE YOUTUUUUBE ITS JO LEOLIE COMIN ATCHA AT CUSTUM GROW FOUR TWEEENTYYYY"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I've done this in my college days.

If done properly, it's way more potent than anything a Bic lighter can achieve.

A few tiny tic tac size balls of dank, and I was seeing in slow motion. Bongs have only done that once, when I snapped a full gram of kief.

Knife hits are very efficient if don't right, but it's a pain in the ass and can only be done in a kitchen.

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LS922SyPEI

9. That's the chromium your inhaling

10. Op if you insist on doing knife hits, there is a custom manufacture making knifes out of American gr2 TI.

If you want that nostalgic feeling while being safe, at that point is just spend the money on a rig and Quartz nail

11. #31 toostonedforcomfort, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    i had some kief left over the other day and i put it on a knife and tried to heat it. it worked a little bit. honestly there's got to be a better way to smoke small amounts of leftover kief. i felt like an H junkie.

12. #32 Deleted member 281310, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Never succeeded, at least not that I can remember. I would do it right now in my room but I don't have a stove.

edit- if I had a blow torch

13. Yep, that's how we used to dab our honey oil in the 90's.

We also used to do it with herb and hash nuggets.

14. it's actually not that bad. It gets you more baked than a bong. You're also vaporizing the herb instead of combusting it . And I don't understand why you guys think it's not efficient. It only takes a little bit of weed to get high as f. Way less than a spoon or bong. And my buddy had glass knives so he wasn't inhaling chromium fumes. He picked them up at his lhs.

15. True dat, love Jolie man

16. I've done knifes countless of times. The get you pretty fucked. Just chuck two knifes on the element (I have hose ends on mine to stop any heat getting to my hands) when the are red hot, just pick your weed up with one knife, then drive and inhale. They get me fucked up.

Has anyone tried using the glass knifes you can buy?

17. Oh so true haha. I'm finding flattened out tea spoons to be more common now. I don't think I know one stoner here in NZ who hasn't owned a gravity bong and knifes at one stage. Best ways when you have little weed