CFL/Closet/Auto grow journal - indoor noob

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXMelkorXx, Apr 10, 2015.

1. So i finally finished my final step in my grow box..because of heat and humidity problems, i decided against growing autos inside my greenhouse, until i can figure out how to get that done 

So i have a cabinet that I refurbished into a grow closet. I have 6 24 watt CFLs, half 2500k the other 6500k and i have 2 6500k 40 watt CFL bulbs in the middle so both plants can share the light..

Im using a combo of scotts organic soil, organic compost that was made locally, perlite and peat moss..in 1 gallon pots..i know they wont get to big, but im limited in vertical space, and plan to lst to accomadate more colas..

the strain im growing is auto biodiseal mass from sensible seeds..

i cant post pics until i upgrade to a new phone..so hopefully i can take pics of the progression of the grow..im sure ill need help diagnosing different issues..as far as nutes go i have liquid fish emulsion 5-1-1 blood meal for nitrogen, bone meal for phosphorus, and some organic bloom nutes with high K..

anyways wish me luck..i want a good harvest so i can save money on my meds, and eventually gain enough knowledge to eventually move to colorado, get my lisence to be a caregiver and grow for myself and a few others..

2. so is it normal for the perilte at the top to turn yellow? my temps are from 79 to 81 so it aint the heat

3. day 2..still waiting on my germed seeds to pop up..im just ready to see green ya kno? i turned my lighs to be 18/6, hoping the dark will get some growth going, also my soil is dry on top and a bit moist towards the bottom..this is good right? the roots going for the moisture underneath them ? 

4. water when top soil is dry 2 inches

5. day 3...

we have lift off! both have sprouted, and the leaves look very healthy..they shed the seed casing easily enough. soil is still moist..temps varying around 73 to 84 at the highest still..now my darkness is going to be from 10am to 4pm the hottest part of the day, that way i dont have to burn more electricity keeping the ac down so low..anyway im glad they popped out today, i also have one bagseed growing outside in a pot, she popped up today as well, although her leaves are a bit yellow than the autos inside. 

6. why 18 /6 with autos? A lot of people recommend 20/4 but don't take advice from me I'm an outdoor guy lol

7. i see both being a good time cycle. 

8. mine are under 18/6 right now.... saves a little light and i don't think the 2 hours makes a whole heck of a difference 

9. if you go 70 days it would make 140 more hours of difference.

10. day 4- the little ladies are sprouting really nice. both grew about half an inch since yesterday..the new growth leaves are starting to get a bit bigger, and the first set are kinda curling under, perhaps too much water in the soil but they look healthy otherwise

do a comparison for use. run one under 18/6 and run one under 20/4. (i can tell you 24 on compared to 20/4 will just waste light I've seen that comparison done.)

12. yeah exactly..plants do need some dark time, alot of activity in the plants during the night

13. #13 SomeRandomNewb, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    all i was saying is 20/4 youll get that many more hours, i personally wouldnt do 24/0 but to each his own, i also think they enjoy the dark periods. gives them a little energy for when the light turns on to start producing! I have also read about a 24/0 and a 20/4 and of course the 24 produced more but not by much at all.. not trying to bump heads as to say whats best by any means. whatever works best for you and your plants is what works best, if theyre not telling you they dont like it why change it? why fix something that isnt broke right? well anyways i wish you a great grow and even better harvest! cheers 

14. thanks bud..yeah ive caught the growing bug, and have decided i want this to be my career. im saving up money for my family and i to move to a legal medical state, and work my way up to growing for a dispensary or something..

cannabis has been in my life since i was young, but its just recently that ive seen how much of a savior bud has been for me..its got me through heroin addiction, prison, death, betrayal..and through it all the cannabis medicine has kept me sane, sober, and healthy these last few years

15. day 4- both sprouts have grown even more today. the stalks shot up several centimenters, and the first set of leaves is starting to come out nice..the leaves are a great shade of green and vibrant looking, which makes mem happy since i was worried about the first bit of their lives..

im working on naming them.. 

16. you got any pics bro ? I love little baby plants

17. my phone currently wont post pics online..once my taxes come in i can get a new phone..

im also setting aside 800 out of it, getting a led 180 watt 4 footer from unique hydro..grab some killer seeds, high thc, good medical buds, and then a high yield... going to grow 3 at a time, and one auto..

i cant decide on the strains its either  

3 fem Durban Poison 
    5 Auto Fem Dutch Blue 
    5 fem Jack Herer 

or  
    3 fem Black Diesel 
    10 Ladyburn 1974 
    3 Auto Kaya 47 

or 
    Auto Northern Lights 5 
    10 Exodus Cheese fem 

or 

10 Exodus Cheese fem 
    5 Super Hash Auto 
    3 Dutch Blue Auto 

all of those are under 80 

but i also want to get a strong CBD strain for my mother in law..her cancer is severe and i want to help prolong her life and have her enjoy it so she gets this strain from me at cost 

Critical Care is a beginner strain with high yields and 6.5 CBD 7 THC 

Royal Medic has a medium yield but a short flower time. 12 percent CBD 

Medical Mass - 12 CBD fast flower and easy strain for beginners 

and Satori which is going to be grown for my wife who has bad cramps during her period..this high THC and CBD strain is grown for this particular issue 

so what do u guys think? 

18. can you add blood and bone meal to water for liquid fertiliziation? 

i have liquid fish emulsion (not concentrate) but i would love to use bone meal later on for the girls later life.. 

anyway..day 6 ..second set of  true leaves are coming in nice..great shades of green and strong stalks..my thermoneter fell on one of my girls for like maybe 3 seconds, i reacted quickly cause i was in there checking on them when i brushed it, i moved it to a safer perch now..but she didnt seem to take much damage from it, she is slighty bent in the middle of her stalk, which is a light green color with a tinge of purplish red that can barely be seen by a 5x magnifying glass..

they are strong and doing pretty well so far, my wife keeps telling to chill out and not to worry, TKISS method and all that..i dont plan on adding nutes until they seem like they even need it, the organic fert i added was a local mix that local tomato and strawberry growers use..got a good deal for 3.5 c ft.. 

19. day 7 update..

first week done..both plants are growing well..leaves look healthy..i lightly watered today, it was dry when i did the finger in soil test..they are getting along well..

the stems are longer than i thought they would be, but they are strong since ive been lightly blowing air to simulate a breeze

im ready for my taxes to come in so i can order my new led box..then my girls will take off! 

20. day 10 

the girls are looking great!!!! 

new leaf growth is vibrant green and healthy 

i did a light feeding with a small amount of fish emulsion in their watering

probably going to wait another 5 days before another feeding just to see its effects on the girls.. 

i ordered my new led box, ill move the girls into it when it comes, so i expect a much better yield with a 180 watt led than my cfls.. so im looking forward to it.. 

there is enough room to fit 4 3 gallon grow bags, so that is what ill do for my next grow, and ill have the DWC bucket in case i decide to do hydro..