NASA Scientist Says to Stock Up on Food. Next Five Years to Get Much Colder....

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DivineVictoryX, Apr 10, 2015.

1. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ETh_o_YbbJ4

I've never focused on science that much. Someone just posted this video on another Forum.

Has it not been getting Colder than normal as of late?

What do you guys think? I haven't done research on this yet( don't know if I will tbh)but I want to get the opinions of everyone on this Board.

Most of you are well informed on what's going on in Politics. I haven't come been to a forum like this one, where a lot of people are similar in views, Open minded and Question a lot. It's awesome to see some people have similar views to you. Sadly I don't have anyone close who are IN to Politics. There Just apathetic towards them. I'm glad to be apart of this forum!

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Sorry I didn't post the video properly. I don't know how to do it on my IPad.

2. While it's always a good idea to be prepared, I must point out that many scientists disagree with this man. He is also not currently consulting with NASA and to my knowledge has never published a peer reviewed paper on this or any subject. As you, I have not yet done much research on this but what I have read about John Casey causes me to be very skeptical of this mans claims.

3. Ngl it has been a really hot winter in florida, it usually is hot, but we had less cold days than normal. It wasn't cold until february, early march, and only for a week + at very most.
    Very little rain at all this year too. Hopefully this summer gets nice and stormy in the south east...

:smoking:

4. we've had an extended winter in nevada

-yuri

5. If this is true, man made global warming might become a good thing. We might even see people intentionally producing carbon to heat up the earth

-yuri

6. #7 левша, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    i dont mean to hate on you, but carbon is definitely a bad thing. Carbon from the atmosphere is entering the ocean and creating carbonic acid, with the ocean more acidic much sea lifes calcium carbonate shells will not last long. Lets not forget the other pollution we so nobley introduce to the ocean like oil spills and nuclear fucking power plants in japan shitting on the ocean. I get pissed at things like this. Coral reefs are dying too. Without the ocean we will die. Phytoplankton is what really gives us our oxygen, not just trees
    Also look up eutrophication and nitrogen run off if youd like to know what else we do. Lol the ocean is like earths backyard to people where they dump all the crap they think they have no better place for. I could really go on a rant that i havent even gotten started on. Lol airplanes doing the trail things in the sky, forgot what they are called. Im sorry man. Good vibes though...

7. Its funny that the climate morons refuse to accept Solar output of any kind has a effect. Who are they kidding. Walk outside at noon walk outside at 9pm and tell me if solar output effects you.

The Sun has been going into a diminished cycle and in fact the last time this happened Europe had a mini ice age. The northern part of North America was covered in solid ice. That was not to long ago either. Middle Ages time frame. Actually its why American's are beer drinkers. I will let you figure that one since your the intellectuals on that one.

Solar flare activity or the lack of they believe leads to a dramatic cooling of the planet.

In the end though who cares...how are you going to stop it? You can't. You think with your piss ant laws that no one follows you can though. I will continue to pollute and there is not one thing you can do about it.

8. #9 BRZBoy, Apr 10, 2015
    Oh best food to stock up on since I am a mild prepper as well is Soylent. Some college kids started a company used kickstarter a few years ago to make a powdered food that only requires water that supplies 100% of what you need. About 250 a box that is a months worth of food. I bought 4 of them since they have been shipping. Hard to get though since there overwhelmed with demand for the product.

http://www.soylent.me/

Another good item I have and all should have in there house is the Lifesaver Water filter. It filters out up to 4000 liters of water. It can filter out some radiological particles as well. There is no known organism that it can not block. The guy who invented it has been on Ted Talks and such. He developed in response to Katrina and the nuclear disaster in Japan. You literally could take water from any part of the planet no matter how dirty it is and cleaner then any bottled water made or filtered water made drink it.

http://www.amazon.com/LIFESAVER-Systems-4000-Filtration-Bottle/dp/B001EHF99A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428687726&sr=8-2&keywords=lifesaver

9. #10 левша, Apr 10, 2015
    that water filter sounds nice. Will check. This is what i got from your last paragraph. in the mean time while we are polluting and destroying the earth, we can continue because the end is nye anyway. You cannot do anything about it.
    Why dont i eliminate you and everyone you ever knew in the mean time to give the earth and ice age an easier time killing all of us, or i could eliminate you to spare the trouble of you eliminating yourself due to age. You cant do anything about it. In the end who really cares. Id bet you care now.
    I really do think we could get through without polluting.. But im not so sure now, almost everyone in the world is doing this, perhaps we are too far in to escape it.
    Edit: i am sure that with serious and actual attempts and actions and not half assed speeches, we can atleast limit the pollution we do today to live another year. The earth is highly resilient and is why we notice little changes today, but in time to come i expect dramatic changes. People expect things to happen right away, no that is not how the universe works, everything takes time. As will healing with effort.

Schweeeet. I like you already. See I care but then I do not. There is a projected 15-30 billion people on this planet. People and there brains of mush do not try to model that in there head. What happens if right now were doing this supposedly and you double our population in a very short period of time.

All gains are countered by China and India who will not sign up to the insane theory. Also who really cares. I like it hot. I live in Texas where very soon it will be hot enough to cook a egg off of your ass.

11. #12 левша, Apr 10, 2015
    now i understand your perspective, before i was fuzzy. Yes you definitely have all the know how, but i can tell you feel the effort of fixing anything aint really worth it.
    The thing is everyone cares but no one does anything about it and i hate to think i have to be the one to bring the change on my own if i want to. Id need people like you who actually know what they are talking about, but man I have enough pressure in my life.
    There are corrupt governments and organizations working toward the pollution and even aiding in the extinction in predators and other animals that have been around forever, for example 400 million years. Sharks. Just fins for the fucking soup* that doesnt even have the magical healing and strength properties they consume it for. Its also a symbol of high class. I just cant understand people man
    Lol to add to texas florida is hot as shit and im tired of it. Texans love texas and floridians want to gtfo. Funny huh. Never been to texas but i bet the humidity here would turn you right off. I'll visit sometime, aunt gots a beach house there and ill take her up on that ass frying ;)

12. Climate change or not, it is ALWAYS a good idea to have an emergency food stash! My hubby used to think I was a bit silly having a food stash...then we were in a minor flood that cut us off from the stores for about 3 weeks! He changed his opinion that year! [​IMG]  I also keep a small suitcase with a week's worth of meds, spare shoes and 2 changes of clothes (summer and winter wear)  and a few bucks, packed and ready to go.

Another good thing to have on hand is lots of bubble wrap! With some tape and bubble wrap, you can prevent heat loss through your windows. If the power goes out, bubble wrap can make the difference between a just cold house and an absolutely freezing one!

Granny

13. Love that water filter, will be getting a couple.  As for food, out panties our packed.  We could use more reserve fuel, tho.

14. It has been 29 years since earth has had a colder-than-average month (http://mashable.com/2014/03/19/29-years-cooler-than-average/)

I suppose time will tell if this person is right and the trend will reverse. 

15. *contrails.

-yuri

16. #17 BRZBoy, Apr 10, 2015

Highly highly suggested. Its kinda expensive but it filters out 4000 liters of water on a level that nothing else does. The smallest known virus is the Polio virus and it filters out smaller then that. If you look at a table of particle sizes it hits a good portion of radiological ones as well. It does not do salt though. Salt is a tricky substance to filter out.

If that is to expensive and your a North American try the Life Straw. I say North American because our dirty water is better then say stagnet water in Africa. There 20 bucks...easy to throw one in the car, one in a bag. It does 1000 liters to a very small size. Interesting story behind that was it was developed for the 3rd world so they could drink. It does not filter out as well as the Lifesaver but it will filter out every known pathogen to cause explosive diaherria which is the leading cause of death just about outside of the the developed countries. Its pretty cool to since you can grab any container put it in like a straw and suck water out. Then you blow on it to shoot out any large particles. When I go camping I carry one along. It just about can fit in a large pocket or any cargo pocket.

The Lifesaver also comes in a 1 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. I think those do 20,000 liters each. Look up the Ted Talks Lifesaver guy. Literally something like 8 billion dollars worth of Lifesavers would give nearly all of humanity access to clean fresh water and literally save millions of lives.

http://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-LSPHF017-Personal-Water-Filter/dp/B006QF3TW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428701896&sr=8-1&keywords=lifestraw

I meant the Life Straw that you mentioned earlier.

Cheers.

18. #19 BRZBoy, Apr 10, 2015

About 8 bucks for a pack of 10. You house could be 35 degrees and this will keep you alive. Highly suggested for the bug out bag. Weighs nothing, instant warmth, water proof, and will keep you warmer then any blanket. You wrap it around you so there is a layer of air kinda create a bubble.

http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Mylar-Thermal-Blankets-Pack/dp/B00STLP3GI/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WARWKR5R7FJTCWJKD65

19. Stock up on whiskey and beer, fuck water.
    If it all goes Pete Tong i want to be twisted as the ship goes down, fuck living in Mad Max land where freaks in leather thongs reign supreme...