Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Please with decarb

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Tumblr420, Apr 9, 2015.

1. hello my first time making edibles I've studied and am confident in making the cannabutter im going to use a double boiler mason jar with my decarbed weed. For the decarb I saw a method I like which is using a nonstick pan and putting it on the lowest setting over the stove and lightly toast the ground cannabis as the oven would? Has anyone ever done this? It seems reliable if you watch it and stir a lot. Please help me im nervous about messing up the decarb and this seems safer? Any advice is welcome thank you

2. Sounds dumb; how will you know the temperature? Follow the trusted recipes if you want good results.

3. Why do that when you can put it in a ceramic or glass dish, put foil over the top and pop it in the over for a bit? Set it and forget it seems easier that toying with it the whole time and not knowing if it worked correctly.

4. It just seems safer watching it and lightly toasting it, I guess I will try the oven method im just afraid of burning or messing up that way

5. What seems safer?
    You turn the oven on to the temp you want, let it heat up and boom all the guess work is gone, place stuff in the oven, set a timer, pull stuff out once timer goes off, let cool, then uncover and start your butter or whatever you're using.

You're more likely to burn it the way you wanna do it man, honestly.

6. #6 puddleglum, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015

Follow a trusted recipe, exactly step-by-step, with attention to detail, and you will not "mess up." Think of it like a science project. [​IMG]

I have best results personally with the BadKatSmiles technique. I have never gone wrong following her recipes step by step.

I have never seen a popular and trusted recipe with over 1.2 million views that recommends "decarb by toasting at an uncontrolled temperature in an open skillet on the stovetop."

7. I get your struggle!
    This is my preference on how to decarb. 
    http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/#!video-tutorials/c1e7z
    Watch her video tutorial: I personally use the method of putting my ground bud into a pyrex dish and cover with aluminum foil @ 220 for 30 minutes. I also would recommend getting an oven thermometer (super cheap at your local store I'm sure). Just pop that bad boy in the oven so you can monitor the temp. I only recommend this because some ovens temperature can fluctuate; you may set it for 220 but it could be going at 245-300. 
    However, I wouldn't do the stove top method. That seems way to risky when you can't monitor the temperature, and also seems like more hassle. 
    This way you can pop the dish in the oven, check the thermo every once in awhile, and go on about your other tasks.
    Hope this helps :)