Creating Feminized Seed of Clone Only Strains?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by sirblaze, Apr 9, 2015.

1. I think this is the right forum to ask this question.

So I've been growing gorilla glue #4 and taking clones from my mother plant which is going quite well. But heres my situation, my wife is about to be released from jail in 4 months and will be on formal probation so I have to stop growing, but I want to still have the strain around so I can start growing again when she's off probation.

I know all about the procedure of producing feminized seeds. My question is, if I make my GG#4 produce pollen and polinate her, would the seeds produce GG#4 seeds? Or will it be some relativly unstable version that would need to stabilized over time?

Thanks all!

2. What you want to do is create as much pollen as you can, to create as much seed as you can. Then, when you have your seeds, hopefully more than 20 nice ones, you pop them, clone them, number them, flower. Then just pick the one closest to your original GG #4 :)

3. Hopefully it's exactly the same or better

4. OGc is correct, if it is a stabilized, or inbred line (IBL) you will have better luck getting something Uniform, if it is a Polyhybrid you will be less successful.

There will be some genetic drift based on Environmental triggers growing style ETC. For the most part you will capture the Genes, The difficult part to know without speaking with the original breeder will be what the parents of your particular plant are, that will be the key.

Personally I would do it just to keep the Genetics but I would still purchase more seeds from the same breeder of the same strain in regular seed form and backcross your S1's to the Makes from the original seeds.