Think of The Children: Why Every Parent Should be Pro-Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by StayLitClub, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Regardless of your moral stance on marijuana, every parent should be in support of legalizing marijuana.
    \nAccording to DrugAbuse.gov, over 40% of students try marijuana at least once by the time they finish high school. The number drastically increases when the student reaches college. If you have a child, there is a very high chance that they will try marijuana as a teenager.
    \nWhere do you think they're going to be getting this weed from? Chances are, it's an older drug dealer your child doesn't really know. It's possible that this drug dealer also sells other drugs like pills and is going to try pushing them onto his customers.
    \nYou may not realize, but in many places it is extremely easy to acquire marijuana, even as early as middle school.
    \nWhat if this kid decides to try out marijuana and gets caught? Do you think they should be arrested and have their records tainted for satisfying their curiosity?
    \nDo you really feel comfortable with the idea that your kids may be exposed to this?
    \nThousands of dealers have been arrested due to the War on Drugs and still, it's easier than ever to get your hands on marijuana. As long as there is a demand, there will be someone to supply. By keeping marijuana illegal, we're allowing dealers to continue making money off teenagers who are easily influenced by their environment and peers.
    \nInstead of spreading "Reefer Madness" propaganda to kids, we should be educating them on the truth and trusting them to make the right decisions. They need to see marijuana for what it is, a plant with ample benefits if you're an adult. They should know it's not good for underage kids because they are still developing, not simply because "it's illegal".
    \n_________________________
    Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed it, please check out the original post on my activism site and share/like.
    Original Post: Think of the Children: Why Every Parent Should be Pro-Marijuana

2. I love the line: "Think of the children". Parents have to realize that the marijuana users are victimized by the government and children can't escape that until the laws change.

3. #3 enjoyandlive, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    funny that anti pot people would also say 'think of the children', but theyd back it up with 100% false info

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

4. Yup. And who are you posting this to? GC?, a forum full of stoners ;) but anyway a good short insight. Even though anti-pot people will be like "if you smoke 2marijuanas you will die having an aneurism"

5. I despise tht argument - "think of the children".

Why should my freedom be limited because you decided to procreate?

6. Tadealis, your reply makes no sense. Don't hate on kids, they're just people that are a couple years younger than you.

He isn't. He's just saying he shouldn't have his right to smoke taken away because one parent is paranoid their children might try weed and become stoners when they're older.

When the anti-pot people say that line, it seems more hysterical and silly. Kinda like this :p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

9. I believe this is a PRO-POT use of the "think of the children" idea. Why are people despising the argument? You guys like weed right?