Where do you get your news?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SlowMo, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Just curious - what's your primary source for national and international news?

I've much pretty abandoned the usual American political propaganda machines. They're pathetic.

I've come to like Al Jazeera America the best. I watch it in live streaming on Xfinity.

RT (Russia Today) has some interesting stuff but has it's own issues with being a propaganda machine. I still watch it sometimes. They have interesting documentaries.

I watch "The Five" sometimes on Fox News but Fox is in about the same category as MSNBC and the rest of the American political propaganda crap only they cater to the Right. I like "The Five" because I think Dana Perino is fucking gorgeous! lol

The rest of my news just comes from random internet search results. A lotta bullshit but at least I know it. lol

2. #2 Deleted member 839659, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    CNN, Aftonbladet (SWE), BBC, Russia Today (only on TV), Al Jazeera, AFP, The Real News

But mostly CNN, BBC, Aftonbladet

Al Jazeera has improved a lot but they're still extremely subjective on the whole Israel thing. Sometimes there r gaps in their reportings other times they're late. I'm finding news on Swedish Aftonbladet about events in the middle east tht Al Jazeera either completely misses of are 1-2 late for.

Russia Today is the Russian equivalent of Fox News. Their whole strategy is criticize the west as much as possible, and sometimes you find solid articles about the west tht u wouldn't find in news medias here.

CNN are always first on the scene but they love jerking themselves off on screen which annoys me, and the ego of some of their reporters...

BBC has always seemed very objective to me so I trust them.

Aftonbladet has a very diverse coverage. If a mosquito farts in Zimbabwe you'll read all about it on Aftonbladet, although it's only in Swedish so don't bother. Incredibly leftists tho, too far to the left tbh.

3. #3 BRZBoy, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    For myself a variety of places. Fox, Drudge, Brietbart, Yahoo, Google News. Every know and then MSNBC so I can laugh.

I particularly like www.realclearpolitics.com. They have articles literally from all sides, videos etc. Pretty neutral sided sight. There polling portion is particularly interesting and what most politicians go off of. They bring together polls from every organization and do a billion metrics on them to show trends and what not. There usually pretty accurate on it as well.

Whats amazing though is the liberals literally must have zero news input. Every singular liberal news station, radio station, news paper, magazine is dead, or dying.

Forensic Files in repeats beats CNN, MSNBC ratings are so bad there parent company is changing there format to go more right. All liberal radio talk show goes belly up. Its astounding. There cherished newspapers like the NY Times, Washington Post are either sold or going to be. If you do some reading its absolutely miserable to work at NY Times..continuous pay reductions, firings etc.

Whats funny about CNN if you read up on the CEO of that Jeff Zucker...its amazing he even has a job literally ever place he has been the head of its absolute destruction.

The bottom line though is nearly all news is going the way of the dino. The vast majority of Americans are simply not interested in anything like that really.

4. Internet. I don't have "TV" in my house. Normally if I see an article I find common articles from a couple sources and pick out common threads for a general idea. I'm normally on very high traffic parts of the internet so whenever shit starts popping off I'll see twitters, people posting videos and streams hours or days before global media can report it with their desired context.

I like Vice sometimes when they're not playing scary music when showing Russians and report objectively.

I also like BBC for the most part and adore Louis Theroux.

Very common among the younger crowd. Its interesting to see the market adapt somewhat to younger people. Microsoft Xbox One is coming out with a Tuner so you can catch over the air HD and use your Xbox as a partial DVR with Channel Guide. Sling TV is also picking up steam. If you don't know what that is its 15 bucks a month you can watch a variety of TV channels that sign up. HBO actually just was added to the list.

Whats interesting as well for all the talk about reaching out to the younger generation for votes they still know that most do not vote. 90% of political spending is done on traditional souces still...TV, Radio, Newsprint.

6. I go with Fox 'News' - I trust and obey everything they tell me!

[​IMG]

7. Only a fool would believe everything they hear on Fox news or any other news.  You need some perspective.

8. #8 Lenny., Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I go to google news which pulls the top headlines from a bunch of different news sources. All news sources are more or less the same when they're just reporting the facts

9. My news comes from here.

I see stories or topics that people are talking about and then Google them

-yuri

10. Huff post, CNN, USAtoday, reddit

11. twitter, jon stewart (and similar shows) and here

12. #12 BakedSnarf, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015

The man was clearly being sarcastic.

As for what news outlets I follow though, VICE News is always my number one pick as I check it daily to get my dose of what's going on around the world. Other than that Reddit seems to be another great source as it is (mostly) unregulated and is presented in a "for the people" kind of way, with no real ulterior motives since everything posted is by other fellow users of Reddit. 

Edit: Forgot to mention the news videos I'll check out on a weekly basis: Last Week Tonight With John Oliver & Real Time With Bill Maher - great if you're looking for more of a satirical approach to relatively drastic news pieces. 

13. I don't, I hear some things via word of mouth but I don't bother with news anymore.   Mostly it just creates a more negative world view for people.  I mean what sane minded person wants all the terrible things that happened in the world that day rounded up and displayed to them on a half hour show at prime time.

Not watched or cared about the news for a couple of years and my life has not suffered in any way because of that absence, I don't need to hear about who died in a car crash or who shot who or what bs the president or prime minister had to say about some other piece of bs.  I simply don't care, there comes a time when the same cyclical bs just becomes severely uninteresting.  I like to hear about new science breakthroughs and what not on Grass city but that's about it.

14. I fuckin laugh at the news. It's despicable in the way it is presented, the news they choose to portray, and the bullshit fuming. I don't watch TV much, let alone the news. When I do, 60% RT (Yaya, they're all biased), 25% local toronto stuff (cp24 mainly), the other 15% is a mix of u.s. stuff when I need to reassure myself the world is indeed fucked up.

Who the fuck wants to hear about murder, car crashes, politics, and who won the lotto and how fortunate they are to then (usually) selfishly keep it all. Sports too, like man...how can you not see the mind-numbingness?

15. Carrier pigeon.

Wait, what?

Guardian or RT, BBC World Service (as their foreign affairs is second to none, however back home is a bit different story...)

16. I like Huffington Post the best.

They cover alot of ground.

17. Al Jazeera is owned by some fringe saudi arabian ally no? sold from Al Gore.. no thanks ill pass on that shit.. 

• Like Like x 1
  18. I get my news from your mommas glass eye.

19. THE INTERCEPT, DEMOCRACY NOW, AND RT NEWS 

20. Phys.org, sciencedaily, on here, my girl and twitter