Do cats or dogs love us?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BRZBoy, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Hell yeah, my Pug loves me, she stays home all day with my wife, then when I get home from work, she's goes ballistic. She's all over me licking my face, spitting all over me LOL

2. she loves me as the pack leader

cat are spawns of the devil

Attached Files:

3. all creatures including those we refer to as human love with conditions...

"i love you as long as you give me (insert food, security, sex, a feeling of being worthy, etc.)"

agree that dogs appear to worship the caregiver, custodian, jailer (take your pick) due to the food, water, hugs and kisses thing.

having said that dogs likely would love you even if there was no food and water and be less apt to cannibalize you than say your next door neighbor in a similar situation. [​IMG]

4. As hinted by the post right above me, a buddy of mine worked at a funeral home for several years and was responsible for picking up the newly deceased. He developed a hatred for cats because occasionally he would find them eating their now dead owners after only a day or so of the owner passing. I did some research and apparently dogs will engage in this behavior as well, but it will take much more time before that option becomes viable to a dog.

I find cats to be cold, but I understand their appeal. They can be cute, occasionally hilarious, and almost always internet gold.

Dogs? I find there is something special about man's relationship with dogs. It could be the bias in me, but dogs seem more social and no one ever greets you with more enthusiasm when you walk through the front door.....doesn't matter if you were on vacation for a week or you left for 20 minutes to grab some grub.

5. #25 CoughTHC, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    It definitely can't be a food thing. I have two cats, a male and female. The male always follows me around, lays next to me, sits next to me, even come see the door and knows when I'm walking up my apartment steps before my wife does. But the reason I know it's not a food thing because I never feed them my wife does. If anything you would think my male cat would be all over her because my wife feeds them and clean their litter box...(my wife has ocd, so I'm not allowed to do much around the apartment without "messing things up") the female is affectionate sometimes but mostly on her time when she wants to.. I also seem to attract to animals whenever I go to friends house.. Idk maybe animals love the amazing massages I gave them and that's the only reason

6. Yea, I'm pretty sure my dog loves me. He follows me around everywhere. And when I'm gone, he's whining for me to get home. I think that's love.

7. #27 Account_Banned283, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    A dogs diary in comparison to a cats diary (I took this from the Huffingtonpost website);

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity
    \nMy captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
    \nThe only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
    There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
    Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.
    I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
    \n[​IMG] 

8. I call bullshit.  funeral directors are the ones eating the deceased.

9. #29 Messiah Decoy, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    No, their instincts tell them what to do for food, water and shelter.

Heck, you'll be lucky if your bi-pedal kids care about you.

• Like Like x 1