The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ThePolishPuertoRican, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Soooo my copy came in today finally. I know I'm late but just finished installing. Did the tutorial and just woke up from the dream. Paused to make a drink and smoke one, and am typing this. I'm stoked

Get ready for the best game of 2015 so far!

3. Yeah been playing like 2 hours and haven't done a thing lol. Seems very immersive so far, I'm very intrigued. Want to get to the city but working my way along. Off all day tmrw gonna be grinding haha

4. I've already logged like 25 hours lol.

5. #325 SIRSOG, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Fuck.... 15 levels before I can use the ursine set.... that's only like 30 hours away hahaha

Edit:so I found the mask shop.... wearing a hilarious bird mask for the rest of the game. So funny in dialogue

6. If anyones in need of quick cash flow there is a sheep exploit thats easy to do. About 2/3 of the take is raw meat, an the rest is sheep skin which can be sold for 10 each I think.

7. I've gotten to the point I can sell most basic weapons and armor I find. I spent hours just finding and dismantling...

Now I have like a permanent 50 lbs of crafting shit.... and almost 5k in cash....

I hope there is a larger saddle pack than 30lbs..... I'm often going back n forth with tons of shit hahaha

8. Haha yeah there is a bigger saddlebag. Have you been buying/playing gwent at all?

9. Hello my name is kush cookies, and i have a gwent addiction.

Spent about two hours playing gwent and collecting cards today, cant get enough of it!

10. No not really.... I spent so long playing the card game in KOTOR recently lol I can't do another just yet

11. Haha yeah dude its fucking fun when you get into an start strategizing an shit. I gotta treat it like another game tho. I cant go from combat to rounds of gwent. Im either playing gwent or im playing witcher lmao.

12. So gentlemen, what's the trick with combat in this game? Kind of getting fucked up when taking on 3 or more people

13. Counter attack as much as possible. Use Quen for most everything. Axii for hard to stagger foes (shield enemies ) Yrden for groups and fast enemies .

14. And master the art of no lock on dodging lol.

15. Heard. Fighting in this game can be super challenging. Not bitching, just still not used to it at all. Really fun game, tricky at times but makes it rewarding when you win battles. Still haven't really even scratched the surface, just finished up getting old dudes goat.

16. Love me some igni

17. Apparently the only way you can get feathers to craft bolts for your crossbow, is to go around towns murdering the various chickens and geese you find. Interestingly enough the locals dont seem to mind.

18. #338 WherezMyLighter, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    So what's the deal with bombs? Had some thru whatever tutorial but now, even after I crafted two, it says I'm empty. Would be super helpful to have some right about meow

Meant to ask about this too ^

Haven't really been using the lock-on feature very much at all, is it necessary or more of a hindrance (in big crowds, specifically)

19. #339 TheAnswer121, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    you gotta equip them to you quick slots, just like the crossbow

they will refill just like potions when you meditate[​IMG]

as far as the lock on, i don't generally use it unless it's a single enemy, just to keep track of it

when engaging multiple enemies, it only hinders your ability to defend. you want to volley from one guy to the next and not focus on a single enemy. this will only get you killed

20. That's what I thought but I can't even find them in my inventory. Where should they be located? Sorry for need you guys to hold my hand through this, I feel like a nub for the first time in years lol.

Also, been picking up contracts for the last hour trying to put some progress towards leveling up, but everything is way over my head, level wise. I guess I need to go back to earlier areas and try there? I'm still only level four and these contracts seem to start at 6-8ish then when I progress jump up into the 20's? Like fuck me