The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ThePolishPuertoRican, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Anyone getting this? Needed a good rpg to hold me over until TES: Online. Also what genre of games do you like to play when baked?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    been wating for this for forever

new trailer released today

5 weeks to go[​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iefwKqGyI5I

got the limited edition preordered for the ONE, but ima play it on ps4 most likely

3. #3 Ryan Donnelly, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    I will be getting it on PS4. I've kinda been striking out on recent game purchases, a lot of games boring me very early on. 

This game looks amazing though, i dont see how i couldnt love it

4. Absolutely fucking hyped for this game, also heard that all the games are based off of a series of books.. Might have to look into them.

5. Yes except I dont like the new artstyle/graphics compared to The Witcher 2, it looks more like Fable than The Witcher.

6. I've never played any other games in the series but I've been looking forward to this one

7. Defiantly can't wait for this haven't been this excited about a game release in while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. How is this game supposed to be set up? Kinda like a farcry/skyrim type game with multiple story lines you can jump in and out of?

This game looks like its going to be so much better than either of those, I'm surprised this thread only has one page still.

9. Honestly bro this game looks fucking legit.. Already got it pre ordered, im really fucking pumped.

10. Not really seen much about this game tbh. What is it? Are you like a witch hunter or something cos that sound pretty fucking awesome.

11. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concludes the story of the witcher Geralt of Rivia, the series' protagonist, whose story to date has been covered in the previous versions. Continuing from The Witcher 2, the ones who sought to use Geralt are now gone. Geralt seeks to embark on a new and personal mission, whilst the world order itself is coming to a change. Geralt's new mission comes in dark times as the mysterious and otherworldly army known as the Wild Hunt invades the Northern Kingdoms, leaving only blood soaked earth and fiery ruin in its wake; and it seems the Witcher is the key to stopping their cataclysmic rampage.

12. Its like a skyrim game but you can also hunt monsters and aslo they say every single move you make effects the entire aspect of the whole world.

13. Do you need to play witcher 1 and 2 to enjoy 3?

[​IMG]

14. #14 iAmBetty, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Not at all. They actually keep stressing that you don't in every preview I've seen. I guess the previous games were supposed to be hard for new people to pick up, so they've worked on that too.

From what I've seen, this game seems like a more detailed Skyrim. The combat seems more realistic and entertaining too. I haven't played it (obviously) or the previous two, so don't take my word for it.

There's supposed to be a ton of free dlc too, which is nice for a change.

15. Hopefully this game lives up to its massive potential

16. #16 TheAnswer121, May 6, 2015
    i would. they are definitely worth the experience, not really a necessity. all though you will already be introduced to the combat system and a bit of backstory.

they are both on GOG[​IMG]

the first one doesn't support gamepad play, but the second one you can play with your xbox one controller if you have a usb cord

17. This game looks pretty dope. 

Looks a lot like Skyrim to me tho.. 

18. #18 iAmBetty, May 6, 2015
    Skyrim is hardly original anyway. Same for all of elder scrolls

Would you say this game is better than the Elder Scrolls series then? 

20. #20 iAmBetty, May 6, 2015
    I cant say, I havent played it yet. 

If the hype is justified, then yes it will be better. Some elements of Skyrim felt almost half-assed