I Like Big Beds I Can Not Lie

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ladyluckybean, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Have a bar-b-que going at the time and burn those bad boys when your done eating. No chance of a come back after the funeral pyre.
    Hell, I don't have enough to even consider a comb over. What is left I keep short so the grey (white) doesn't come out so much. Freakin kids (and grandkids) do that for ya.

2. My beard is my "comb over plan" lmao!!!!!

3. Fireplace heats our home so I'm thinking a small fire will do the trick.

4. Hey, watch the beard dammit!!! lol [​IMG]

5. Snap-On dealer here, 1983-86, 7557rb. Still got my hair though guys, and a beard lol.
    I still have my boxes and tools too but they don't get used much anymore. WTF am I gonna do with a set of injector pins and gauges for a Detroit 2 stroke joke these days anyway?

6. I so miss our old house. We had a fireplace, and not one of those with an insert that took pellets. I like the wood smell they leave. And I miss the trips up into the woods to cut wood. It really was enjoyable work.

Now all I do is set a thermostat a wait for the furnace to kick on. That and wait for Pacific Gas and Extortion so send me the bill in the mail.

7. #1347 Agent57, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    @ mainah

I still get to use my stuff every once in a while. Mostly the electric impact,sockets, and drill. Seems when you grow you're always constructing something.

My old dealer retired a few years ago. He was an awesome guy. You had a problem, needed something special, or had a warranty issue, he was on it. His replacement isn't worth a damn. Met her once, needed to service a couple of things and replace a couple of broken items. Well, she did the service, but its been over 3 months and no replacement for the broken items. You know, something she didn't stock on her truck. She didn't see much in the way money with me and hasn't come back.

8. LLB I know you have a good reason for everything you do so I do t feel dumb to ask. Why did u leave the bottom bare? It's carpet correct? Wouldn't it b easier to sterilize between grown if you have a Mylar bottom or something else that you can wipe off? In my head carpet seems like a bad idea so im curious. If it helps something I may clean my carpet n try it too. I'm all about an experiment.

9. carpet is bad. I thought about putting panda underneath but I thought I would be more consistent with vacuuming rather than getting down on my hands and knees to reach all the way back when I can stick my vacuum attachment underneath there. carpet is particularly bad with molds. I can't rip up the carpet and think the plastic is kinda a bandaid if you don't put it on the entire floor. I've been vacuuming twice a week in there. after I vacuum I dust the carpet with diatomaceous earth so if bugs are in it, they die....I hope. that's a good question that only one person has brought up.

10. Okay, yea I noticed I had to catch up but I scanned it and saw that no1 else mentioned it so that's why I really thought it was beneficial. But okay. Maybe the panda and a stiffer wet jet. Not the solution. Just the concept so u can sterilize without getting on ya hands n knees.

11. diatomaceous im assuming is not expensive but I'm sure a 1time buy or a diy swiffer is cheaper. Plus u won't have to worry about bugs in ya carpet. I would worry about drainage causing discoloration on the carpet.

12. Most people put plastic down. I think people should do what's easiest for them. Maybe you're more spry than I. Lol

13. Indeed. I'll be watching.

14. Hi LLB. ...
    This thread makes for some good reading, I've been having problems with mites all summer but that's my own fault for mixing in and outdoor plants together..
    Am I ok to sit and watch from the back?...
    I'll bring y'all a smoke lol✌

15. in case anyone is wondering where all these new folks are coming from, i'm doing a grow log for my free auto seeds. i started talking about how i'm growing on the comparative grow thread and many folks became interested on how it works. theres lots of new folks asking about no till and cover crops; stuff like that. if any seasoned vets would like to lurk and help once in a while, that'd be great!

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuan...

this year was tough for everyone due to the warmer summers and winters. at least round these parts. lol Best advice i can give is to concentrate on not spreading them around any further by using hand sanitizer and disposable gloves at the least. an oil based insecticide is best and dunk if you can. big plants can be put on their sides and rolled in a tote. i use a plastic circle that has a line cut to the center so you can form a cone. i put the stem in this slit by the base of the plant where it meets the soil. i wrap it around the dirt to try and keep it out of the insecticide. i try to move it around a bit to get any air bubbles trapped out or any leaves that overlapped. part of the reason mine came back was that they hid in the soil or in my room. i also transported them around by not keeping clean constantly. its hard for me to suit up just to go in there for shoes or a coat since it's in my "closet". So honestly, i have not kept up with that consistently but i have not touched any plants with out using hand sanitizer first. i hope that is enough. i really feel like it was from touching them rather than coming in on my clothes but perhaps that is not smart thinking. it's been a week with the room turned on and so if they're in there, they should start showing damage in the next week typically. they took down the seedlings i popped last quick.

16. U r my inspiration LLB

17. #1357 ladyluckybean, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    I wish there was a female grower who people look up to but I can't think of one. I know of one woman who is on another forum but no one respects her for some reason. I've read some of her stuff but they say she likes to fertilize her garden with dirty tampons and they say they have dirty pictures of her to pass around. one time I read a thread that was only a few years old titled, "Nectar of the Gods, so easy even a girl can do it." they gave a chick some nutes and instructions and came back to a successful grow and they said it was the nutes; not the girl who grew great plants. I wish there were more outspoken aggressive females out there but of the ladies I've met, half are actually posing as men. here there are more girl growers but over at my old forum, there was me and a mod's wife who were females in the open while there were a few women who messaged me privately because they were too nervous to say anything on my thread. be a strong woman and don't take no crap. its actually really nice to find other females out there.

18. I can name a few here on GC

19. I wanna hear some shout outs to some good female growers!! I've noticed mmjmama who has some large and in charge outdoor ladies.
    I should also say that there are a lot of fellas here that are very supportive of us. a lot of fellas. sometimes I forget to mention the positive. there are good mods here, good advice, people don't go bouncing in on threads calling each other derogatory names and it is not only not put up with by the mods but by the blades as well. it is a really good site for females to be on and participate. I've been on the mag and on the farm. I'm here and I like it.

20. Off the top of my head there's Granny , MJmama , you ,Cat and whitelump is getting better I'd have to go through my list of who I'm subbed to but I'm sure there are plenty more.

A green thumb is a green thumb it doesn't matter if someone has a penis a vagina or both for that matter. There's some amazing growers on this forum and some up and coming amazing growers ;)