I Like Big Beds I Can Not Lie

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ladyluckybean, Apr 8, 2015.

1. More clones?? Will you never learn??? lol [​IMG][​IMG]

2. true story it works, ive erradicated a good shit ton of those annoying little fooks :)
    Dunk It All Day Long
    WWW love your garden LLB :)

3. Hey hey!

4. #945 ladyluckybean, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    we didn't even make it to the date. we were texting back and forth and he told me he was 23 years old. he looked like he was 27 at the youngest. I asked him how old he thought I was and he said 25. I think I hurt his feelings when I told him I thought he looked older. [​IMG]So because he was young, that's why he had no ring. fucking figures.[​IMG]
    No more clones. just the two I recently got and the blue orca which I killed but will get again. [​IMG] the razzleberry and cali o are flowers..... to smoke :D
    Thanks Witchweed!! the bits used to work alright for me if I soaked them first in water overnight before topdressing the sludge/bits and watering it in.
    [​IMG]
    I just transplanted the Sour Grape Ape seedlings, 3M, and some struggling gorilla glue clones with root nubs into 3 gallons. 50% of the GG are laying flat on the ground but the others are upright maybe a little droopy so here's hoping they will take root. just in case, I went out and bought neoprene rounds for a DIY cloner with my foggers. cloning in fog I think is better than those sprinkler type or bubble cloners. the air is pure water and it's everywhere. so I'm hoping this will work. last time, I used one, I place plugs that barely had any roots showing and within a day's time I had inch long roots. if none of this works, I'm going to attempt to dig the plant out of the ground. hopefully it will recover if I can't get a viable clone to keep the GG4 around.

SIP Question???
    so I put water in the SIP about a inch or two below the pots, set the pots on the perlite and came back about 8 hours later and nothing happened so I watered a little tiny bit right at the base of the plants to tide them over but I'm too nervous of overwatering them so I really wanted the SIP to do the work. well it's been about two days now and I stick my finger in there and the dirt feels cool and maaaaybe damp but if I was looking to see if it was time to water, it would be time, ya dig? so how wet is my dirt supposed to be? there is obviously water loss in the sip. is there any reason why my SIP is not wicking? do I need to push the fabric pots down into the perlite more??

5. #946 donothinggardening, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    How deep is your sip tray? You can probably add more water and get the level closer to 1/2"-1". Sometimes if the soil is dry I even fill it plumb full so that the bottom of the smart pot is sitting in 1/4" of water. It'll soak into the pot within half an hour or so.

6. my sip tray is about 4 inches deep 3x3'. I only added two inches and right now the heat gets up to 85F in there. I've put up panda on the windows so the sunlight is reflected to minimize heat building up in my house but it still gets pretty toasty as I have no shade in the yard. :( I can definitely add more water. thanks!!

7. #948 ladyluckybean, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436187163.326054.jpg

Nice little hiding spot! Just needs a real door which it will get today; installed someday.

put some neem meal on top with kelp, crustacean and insect frass then mixed in some EWC. then I put a thick layer of timothy hay per preppers advice. since this soil does not have fungus gnats AFAIK, I'm hoping this will keep this cab gnat free.

Thanks!!

8. General hydro ph down

9. If a person drills 2 inch holes for the lid of a DIY cloner, they can punch holes with a phillips screwdriver in the bottoms of 6 oz styrofoam cups, and use them in place of the neoprene pucks. Works like a champ, and you can write notes on cups with a sharpie.

10. My buddy Auggie on my old forum uses that same technique kinda he cuts a puck out of the Styrofoam and uses it.

11. I just bought 5 @$0.66 but that's really good to know! If this works better than my plugs, then I'm just gonna use this. I just want to see roots!

12. I personally just re buy the plugs but I reuse them. I wash in a h2o2 solution.
    1436196408270.jpg

13. I especially like it for the ability to write on the sides of the cups; who was the cutting taken from, date of cutting, etc. I place a finger under the cup bottom for support , then twist the phillips screwdriver against it with a drilling motion. Bigger screwdriver for thick stemmed cuttings. You can do up to three cuttings per cup if need be. The sides of the cups help contain the cuttings and keep them from falling through. Slice the cup apart with a sharp paring knife to release rooted cuttings. I get a lot of growing supplies at the restaurant supply store.... all sorts of containers. Smart & Final is your friend.

14. Yeah cash and carry or Costco here. I like the method but just doesn't look as slick but that don't mean shit.

15. So I'm buffer than I thought!! Bought four dollies from harbor freight, four 9 gallon mortar pans from HD, then I'm using pumice I bought by the yard. The pot diameter is 19" and the mortar pan including the lip is 19". I hope that works and the pan can hold the weight. So then I put my #20 on the ground and filled her up and got her soaking wet. The handles really help lift it compared to a plastic pot where my fingers feel like they'll get severed. So I got one done and now I need a safety meeting.

So maybe I'll be finished tomorrow! Going to get the cover crop started so it's thick and established. Maybe then I'll have some rooted clones to put in there.

Working on building my next thread and figuring out a new name. Been taking notes and stuff so I can put that in there and search for it when I need to. Not sure how I want to start blah blah yackety yack.

16. To bad about the guy you met, can always train him how to scratch your itch ;D

Went to HD myself today, bought a bunch of wiring and parts. Now have another 30amps to work with in my room! Hahaha!

17. 30 more and you'll be closer to me. congrats on the upgrade! Pay off for you soon!

I thought about it. 11 years is a bit much.

18. My parents are 11.5 years apart, lol. I date women my own age or older now, young kids these days, no respect ;P. I'll be 31 next month, lol

19. I would date a man 11 years older but not the opposite. Big difference. I want someone to look up to rather than take care of.