I Like Big Beds I Can Not Lie

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ladyluckybean, Apr 8, 2015.

1. I've spoken with Tim a couple of occasions. he's always been helpful.

the other site, well, that was my introduction to ROLS.  [​IMG]  lets just leave it at that.

I've read Teaming with Microbes when I first started learning about microbes and how they work dealing with root rot in my hydro set up. kinda opened a door for me and even though I didn't understand what they were saying, I have been pointed to some pretty great resources I love sharing. I want the Teaming with Nutrients one bad. I need to order that one soon.

2. Auxins are responsible for vertical growth(cell elongation) in our plants, while and cytokines are responsible for branching(cell division).
    Gibberellins promote both, but more so root growth. Kelp is loaded with ALL these things, so when use the right way, it's a super amendment :) 

Tricontanol is what you get from the Alfalfa, which is a very powerful growth stimulant. But it's said to inhibit flowering, so it's not to be used in excess! I think these are the three most common growth hormones because I haven't learned about any more haha 

3. Nice :)

TWN will open your mind ALL the way up and make you say "ohhhhhhhhhhh" in regards to a lot of things haha :)
    Merry Christmas :) http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1168520-gimiks-library-organic-gardening-pdf-files.html <- You can download from here, just look for the title

4. there's ethylene that is released when they ripen which signals plants around it to ripen as well. this is why your fruit goes bad so quickly and they sell those silly green plastic bags on infomercials. so back to pot, people have talked about perpetual rooms not being as yielding as a room with one strain only at the same age.

if you want a good documentary that explains a lot of this and is just plain amazing is Symphony of the Soil. you can rent it off amazon or other places. I saw it on Netflix couple months ago for free. 2 hours of good info. I was pretty fixed to the tv.

5. Symphony of the Soil will be watched tonight, thank you :) 
    Hopefully it's still on Netflix! Or else I'll sign up for Amazon Prime for 30 days haha!

6. ya man im already seeing some great results and my plants are only 3 weeks since germination. i have no bugs this year like i use to have ever fkn year as well. i got lush roots and plant success soluble that i used in the soil mix once they come from the jiffy pellets to the jiffy pots. thanks for the input bro glad u jumped in and gave me some pointers. i have never grew organic before so i was kinda freaked out about it which is why i ordered the living soil mix from BAS so i didnt fk it up and then be turned against it. 

7. #27 ladyluckybean, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Ok now. BAS and Jeremy have helped a lot of people. Even the BAS website says to source stuff locally if possible. Now, I am fortunate to live in a more rural area with cow pastures and alpacas, so the feed store is close by. Not everyone has that luxury and that is where I think BAS comes in. Maybe a little creepy cult like but I would rather someone be a fan than use overdrive from advanced nutes. Really gets a girls buds hard.

When I went to organics, no guru would help me. They ignored me. I got help from synthetic growers and a few organic growers. They were nice but I had to learn on my own. This bed has coots mix and the same thing as BAS.

This is everyone's journey to take. Hopefully we all meet for the common goal. There's enough division.

8. #28 FinerMarijuana, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    You're most def. welcome bro [​IMG]
    Anything I grow is better than anything I buy! I'll say that It's safe to say that for 19/20 of my purchases, and I think it has to do with organics. The taste is so much more pronounced than anything I can buy. And that's without feeding, pHing, or any of that other stuff haha! Just water man!

Yeah lucky you [​IMG] I've recently moved, but I was located next to everything I needed in my last location! 
    But since that's no longer the case, I have to say that BAS came in handy! I wouldn't ship the soil tho, that's wayy too much to ship! But all the other things are conveniently located in one place you know?
    Haha LOVE the last sentence hahahahaha!

Hey if old "CC" started a growing cult, I'd be amped to join haha [​IMG]
    Between him and Tim, I'm not sure we're missing anything except grow store receipts. 
    The level of ease with which i get from start to finish is just ridiculous!

9. One time I was in there and this excited young guy or rather boy, wallet in hand, came pouncing through the door. He said he wanted a controller for his ebb and gro rdwc system. They took him back and rang him up for something he does not need for two plants and when he left they forgot I was there listening and get this! They said, "that kid is so stupid. He'll buy anything you tell him to."

Thoughts if water chillers swamp coolers AC units advanced grandmaster set cause you need all the bottles. Anger and rage finally set in and so here I am buying my stuff from an old farmer who likes rock minerals for $4 per 5lbs. Etc.

Good on you :) I'm absolutely digging it!
    And it's a sad situation about that poor grower lol.
    I'm sure that situation plays out daily across the country unfortunately...
    Why the F is it so hard to trust anyone these days?

I went into my last grow store playing dumb to see what the clerk knew, and boy am I glad that I didn't need him for anything lol

11. i agree even my chemical growing is better then anything u can get here..all that is around here is that old mexican brick shit with seeds and stems. the part of appalachia that im in no one really mess with weed..its always meth or pills thats around here in abundance. when i found out about BAS i was happy as hell bc it made trying organic growing perfect for me since the mix would be perfect.  it was a bit pricy to buy the living soil but since im only growing 3 in organic soil then it wasnt to bad. i got some EWC,cytoplus ,ful-power and ful-humic which is all i will be using on the ones im growing in living soil

12. Hell yeah haha! I'm not far from the Apps myself! Just moved away a little over a year now, and I wish I never left :/
    And yeah I can't smoke that Mexican stuff. Not even man! It gets me low rather than high lol.
    I've had some really good non-organic too, so I can relate for sure :) So I should have said organic or not, anything you take the time to grow yourself, will be better than anything u can buy you know...

BAS is def. a power player tho haha! They came in like the "doctor" to all the addicts in need haha.

13. most defo bro! i moved away from here once as well and i couldnt wait to get back. i moved to lousiville for a few months and hated it so i packed up and headed back east to the appalachias. i agree i have had some really good product not grown organic so i can only imagine how awesome its gonna taste this year. im basically doing 2 different grows this year. since im still new to organic growing im doing 3 in the living soil. the other 19 im doing will be with maxi gro/bloom. that way im sure of a harvest bc its still hard for me to understand how the plants are gonna get those nutes lol .. i mean i know the basics like the microbes eat the kelp,alfalfa etc and shit it out and then what they shit out comes to the plant. i know thats how it works but its still just hard for me to think anything will grow LOL i have my doubts thats for sure but im also very open minded and always trying to learn. when we stop learning and think we know it all that is when we fail to grow as a culitvar imo and that is just a disaster waiting to happen.

14. "when we stop learning and think we know it all that is when we fail to grow as a culitvar imo and that is just a disaster waiting to happen."

Preach [​IMG] 

Go look at post #23 in this thread and follow that link to Teaming wit Microbes and Teaming with Nutrients. I SWEAR those two books will bring you up to speed!
    @ladyluckybean, did you get a chance to dive in yet? Symphony of the soil isn't on Netflix :/

15. Yawn, any plants in this place? :D

16. Isn't that a great movie?!  LLB recommended it to me a while back - thanks again!  

17. #37 Team Microbe, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    LLB - how did the remainder of your curing process go after the first batch?  Did you find any of the advice I gave you to be helpful?  

Those hygrometers really do make a world of difference!  Anyways, I hope you managed to salvage at least some of that harvest - those plants looked too purdy to throw away...

18. Dude, you're gonna kill it this season.  You've put the time and effort into your studies, and it clearly shows.  If anything goes wrong, it will be from giving your plants too much love in the form of watering/feeding.  I'm guilty of doing the same though!  [​IMG]

19. ^^ Don't worry about him anymore, Chunk has taken care of it for me. [​IMG] most impressed with GC :D

20. Are there any plants?! Lol

The scrog is almost full. Got 25% left to fill. I'm gonna do a little pruning tonight then I'll give you fellas the tour.

The Cali-O, LUI, and gorilla bubble are under 12/12 to sex them. So far 3 boys and 3 gals. One GB and two LUI x g13 hp. Everyone is being really stubborn. This is a pheno hunt and I've never done one before. So I think this is a desirable trait, yes? I might be doing some rearranging soon. If ya know me, i do this a lot as I have piss poor planning skills on when to pop seeds, flip etc so I have a back up of plants or I'm waiting for them to grow.