Tylers first indoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by uvtyler, Apr 8, 2015.

1. As well do I but hey its the experiment phase. My next grow I'll finish touching up the box and I'm going to pop a LOT more seeds from all three strains and will sex them at there second leaf set to weed out the males early on.

2. Sex them at their second leaf. So flip to 12/12 at that point or did I read wrong?

3. I'll take a cloan of them and sex them in a different box. That way I can keep them in veg.

4. Why did I forget about doing that?! Thanks for the reminder! Go figure this next grow I am germing autos hahah.

5. Hahaha I wanted to get some fem seeds but couldn't justify it when I have hundreds of seeds from some great looking marijuana.

6. Yep it's a good plan, especially with the sexing.

7. #47 uvtyler, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Ight, notes taken. The HPS bulb does in fact cause stretching. Plants are still coming out of there veg phase and are shooting up fast! Still no signs of sex. It was a very hot day today and I'm noticing some leaves starting to curl. Nice to be able to do a trail and error grow cauz its letting me know exactly how I want to operate my next grow. I need some other items to better control my environment but itl be soo worth it. I haven't watered very much in the last two days either. Giving them a full 1.5 ounce of nutes and another 1 ounce regular water with .5 ounces of some big bloom concentrate with some pH down and distilled. 4.5 ounces of water n nutes mix total.

Attached Files:

8. Looking good in there. What did the heat get up to?

9. The highest was 86 degrees

10. That sounds a bit hot on paper, but your plants seem to be doing fine. Just keep an eye on what they do.

11. So I've managed to keep my temps inbetween 70-80 while flowering and they seem to being just fine in that temp range. Iv started a different watering method and it seems to be doing good. So far I have three confirmed females but I won't take a final count till Thursday.

12. So quick question, will male plants develop bud sites and produce white hairs at the coloas?

13. Not too sure what happened since yesterday either temp hasn't gotten above 75 degrees but droopy leaves have become a serious thing. Any ideas? I just checked the pH and it was at 8.0+ not sure what happened there as the pH was 6.7 when I left a few hours ago. Flushed them and got it back down to 6.6+

Attached Files:

14. Chalked it up to nitrogen toxicity. All plants have female traits but may be Hermie's can't tell at the moment.

15. Box got up to 90 degrees. Heat stress being added to the list. Anyone have any tips to better cool the box? Im going to get an air cooled hood for the next time around but I'm not sure if itl be enough...

16. Air cooled hoods do wonders for heat. It will help to drop the temps in the box and even let you lower the light. I'm not too sure on the rest though.

17. How much do you think it could typically drop the temps by? All the leaves are burnt up/wilted/crow clawed bad. Plants seem to be barly holding on except my smallest, which has the least root up take. Need to get a better pH tester preferably a water one. And how should I vent an air cooled hood?

18. As an example I have used 1200 watts of HID in a 4x4 tent before with air cooled hoods. The ambient temp of the room was about 68 and the tent was mid to high 70's. I used a 6" inline fan to pull air out of the lights/tent and room in general. I didn't try without the hoods, but I could hold my hand on the glass tube no issue at all.

19. Oh okay! Thanks for the advice man!

20. are you flowering in that box as well??? i veg for 2 months sometimes 3 depending on hieght. 
    everything looks good so far man. im at the very tale end of my first indoor grow. on my last feed today then flush and harvest.it been 5 damn months im so ready. was just like you too did my research and every little thing was like hey am i doing this right and asking questions i pretty much know the answer too but just need that reassurance lol. keep it bro.