Tylers first indoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by uvtyler, Apr 8, 2015.

1. So finally managed to get around to putting a 3'x3'x5'6" box together. Two 3 1/2" exhugst fans and two three inch intakes (computer fans). Running a 600w MH/HPS. I have five blue city desiels growing in MG organic soil also fed with mg veg nutrients every three or so days. Watered with distilled water. The plants have grown nicly, with the tallest at its fourth teer and the smallest at its third. I also added a sugar water and yeast bath in front of one fan far extra co2. DAMN! they grew twice as large in the teer with it added then the previous without! I also just topped three of them (experimenting). Excited to keep making mistakes and messing with my growing equation. This being my first I don't expect much other then understanding. I'll put up so.e photos soon. Tips, advice, trolling and all welcome :) thanks guys!

2. Pictures over last two weeks since put into box, box still needs some work.

Attached Files:

3. Well, the rest of my supplies came today! Transfered my babies into a ffof and fflw mix. Scarred the hell out of me watching them go through all that shock! But all five have survived I did over water one a little bit. Also picked up a second fan and a Vicks humidifier. Still need to get the side painted :/

Attached Files:

4. Wow that box looks sick and pretty well made. Only thing i saw that bothered me was I would put some more soil in the pots so the stems are hurries a little more and it would give some more room for the roots.

Look forward to seeing progress. :)

5. Thanks! Honestly was embarrassed but hey! So after toying around online I finally figured out my pH meter. 7.3-7.6!! :eek: going to start working on bring that down over the next few days. But the plants are looking quite healthy. Temps run about 67 - 78 im worried about them going up when it gets closer to the summer. I did get these seeds from some wonderful bud I picked up so I don't quite know anything about them other then the strain. That being said two of them are looking to have some lesser quality genetics then some of the rest. Whatcha guys think? Also... Sexing... Where? How? When? Advice? lol iv done my research and I guess I'm just anxious to go through the process. But that leads me to another phase in the mater... What if their auto flowers? Which also leads me to ask how long i should really veg for? I was planning to do a two month veg, two month flower, but i guess the flower period is about 65 days? Ahh I find myself sitting here watching these little beauty's more often then anything else lately. Its also my first day back at work! Which really means back to reality >.> tho I'm glad for the time off I wont be separating another shoulder anytime soon here.

Attached Files:

6. @uvtyler

Hey man

I'm assuming that your Blue City Diesel is from Jordan Of The Island right? :)

7. Subbed for sure!

8. @sickboy245 umm not that I'm aware of. Its my buddies go to. Buuut I do have a picture of some!

@grandaddygains thanks for joining man!
    I just got home from work, walked through the door and my box turned on. Gotta love timers. So I know that the soils well feeding my babies buuut. I gave a light feeding to my shortest ones. Just want to see how they react. Considering my pH is high I'm assuming there getting locked out of some nutes.... But they look healthy as ever! Perky even! Glad to see them picking back up where they left off. So how long should I veg these beautys? :D

Attached Files:

9. Just got the pH of the soil to 6.6-6.8. Heading out for a drink. I'll take some pics of them over the next week

10. HELP!! so after fixing my PH my plants are burning up n getting sick! Not sure what to do :(

Attached Files:

11. Did some research. Think I dropped the pH to fast and stressed them out :( live and learn!

12. Good thing you caught it early. Doesn't look like any damage at all I'm sure they'll be back to happy real quick.

13. Its pretty bad I'll take some pics after work.

14. There still living...

Attached Files:

15. #15 icedweed, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Oh no man sorry to see what has happened they should recover okay hopefully they don't look too far gone. Just because the ph reader said it was off a little didn't matter, you didn't really need to level it out because the plants looked good and healthy. I would recomend just watering them with small amounts of fertiliser if you are using any. Not too much though you don't want to burn them again.

As for your questions... I would recommend switching from 18 hours of light a day (which I presume you are doing now?) to 12 hours of light a day when the plants are over a month old so probably in 2 weeks time switch them and switching them will force them to flower and about a week after switching you should be able to tell the sex.

The longer you leave them in veg the bigger they will be bit the longer they will take to produce buds.

Happy growing :)

16. Yea, there on a 18/6 schedule. And your right which is why I'm glad I left two alone lol. They have only been in the fox farm soil for a few days now so I'm not gonna hit them with nutes just yea. Just hitting them with distilled water for now. After a friend reminded me this is my experimental part(as I said) so I feel a bit better. There a month old from hatch 3 weeks from seedling stage. I will keep to the original plan and flip them into 12/12 next week with my 600w hps.

17. Flipping next week sounds like a good plan. Good luck and we look forward to seeing some flowers :)

18. Thanks man! Appreciate the fees back!

19. Well.... Life's throwing me all over the place, had to leave the job. On to new and better things. So plants are looking great with the exception of the one. I started giving just a tiny bit of nutes to all of them everyday (3 oz of water every morning which includes nutes) and there loving it. Considering uping the dose but eh.

Attached Files:

20. Looks like they are making a comeback. I have used FFOF for a long time and it can run pretty hot. I wouldn't recommend full strength feedings with them this early on, if ever. However watching your own plants can tell you what to do, not me :p

Also it looks like your leaves were wet in some earlier photos. Are you misting them by chance?

Lastly, I am subbed up.