1st grow and would love advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by FunkEMama, Apr 8, 2015.

1. #1 FunkEMama, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Hello all- this is my 1st grow and I would appreciate any advice or constructive criticism. I am growing an auto/fem Williams wonder. Total time including germ has been 12 days. My ppm is 150 ( started the nutes low) ph 6.0 ( I have RO water filters in house) water temp stays at bout 69f and the tent at 70-75. Here are some pics of my setup. Oh and I am just using flora duo nutes, nothing fancy. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428496752.067690.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428496766.345239.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428496783.966705.jpg

I have four plants in this tent one in each corner. I feel like at this stage they should be larger. Am I wrong?

2. #2 FunkEMama, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    My tent is a 4x2/2.5x2 from gorilla tents.

3. #3 FunkEMama, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Girls have gotten bigger and stared to perk up 💃💃💃

I will post pic later

4. Lookin good. I really would like to try some hydro. Good luck. Im subbed up!

BigBowlBaggins

5. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Looks great so far man. I would wait to add nutes around like the 3rd node. Then just raise it to like 300. Also after that  wait one more node to develop then top her. :)

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430336092.777541.jpg

Ladies are coming along nicely. After fixing some light leaks in my Rez and adding hydro guard to my weekly changes things have drastically improved. I will never grow hydro without hydro guard again!

8. Thanks Sade! I have already added nutes as the ladies are already 1 month old. I'm just bad about updating. Lol

9. Oh lmao. They look great though really coming along. Don't top them automatics have only short life span. I'd definitley lst in future grows though. I love to lst because it is like taking care of a bonsai tree. The stems look crazy after awhile zig zaging all over the place. ha ha.

10. Yeah I was afraid to lst this time around considering this was my first try at hydro and autos but maybe next run. I am tucking the leaves since my first buds sites are popping... Yay!

11. I couldnt agree with you more. Unfortunatly my expierence with lst is limited to photos up to this point. How far can I go with lst on an auto? Everything Ive been reading thus far says open them up and tuck the fans only. Have you been successful with any supercropping or twisting branches on auto?

BigBowlBaggins

12. BigBowl- you should talk to chef. He is all about LSTing autos!

13. Chef and loki have been helping me out big time. I dont know for sure but I believe Chef got banned for life for offering to give some seeds away for free.... if the rumor mill is true

BigBowlBaggins

14. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA chef got banned????????????????????

15. He only got banned for a few days. Chef is back.

16. Thats great news! Super helpful guy. Im glad I found this forum. I originally started using a different forum(THCTalk) and got banned for life.... over some bull****. Basically a member made a thread about doing a 20 plant scrog and he got banned because the rules for the forum state that you can only talk about 10 plants. So being from a state that allows me to grow 12 for me and 12 for anyone else that may need a caregiver I proposed a question to the mods. I simply stated that with the new laws popping up everywhere around the world and regulations being different everywhere why limit the conversation to 10 plants when its a forum that is used by people all over the globe? If someone is taking care of other people by growing for them and the grower is reaching out to the community asking for help so that he can better serve his people whats the big deal. For that I got banned for life. I wrote to the admin but never recieved a response. Pretty petty for just asking a question if you ask me.

BigBowlBaggins

17. Yeah, glad you came to GC , BigBowl! What kind of grow do you have going?

18. Right on, thanks. Ive got a photo grow going and 1 auto flower. If you click on my avatar look for the new guys grow journal. I try to keep it updated.

BigBowlBaggins

19. I subbed up, man!

20. Im subbed up lil mama,lol, looking beautiful by the way,,, wish i coukd help but i think not much do to tge fact of no experience with autos lol, but im along for your journey