One Light

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by beastyyy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. #1 beastyyy, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    -Ok guys i will start by saying hello to everyone, my first post here.
      I will have 1 auto roadrunner in a pc-case(im still waiting the seed [​IMG] ) I will start with 14-10 or 16-8 hours, its my first plant and if this goes well i will continue...My question is if its ok to have 1 light cfl with 77w +/-1500 lumens or do i need more?
    Keep blazing.

14-10 / 16-8:
    You can better go with 18/6 or 20/4. 

1 light cfl with 77w:
    yes it will grow some bud, but if you add more light, you will grow more bud :D

3. Thanks for the reply, yeah i will put 2 lights 77w/1500lumens each  then...with 20/4 hours cycle.
    Do you think that 2 pc 12v fans (1 in / 1 out) will be enough, or too hot?

If you use them both as exhaust fans, and you have good fans, I think it will be enough. 

5. You want to do at least 18/6 because below that confuses the plant and might risk hermies. As for the fans, it's all about the cfms. How big is your grow space? Multiply the height, length and width to determine how many cfms you need. I keep my grow space with at least 150cfms over, but I also use a natural source of CO2 in my grow space so I have a constant supply of 1200pm. Also you don't need a fan inline vent, just cut a hole at the bottom of your room and put both fans into use for an exhaust to create negative pressure. You're looking at about an ounce or so if you do everything right. Good luck bro

6. It won't be worth the trouble, to grow a weed plant with 2 small CFLs.
    4 of them might yield you something better than you can buy off the street, but not much. I CERTAINLY don't see an ounce tho!
    You're also growing an auto, so it's gonna flower no matter what you have the lights on, so maybe use 18/6 or 20/4?
    14/6 or 16/8 won't confuse the plants, I've run both with no problems..It'll just be a waste again, because autos will flower under 24/0 light, so you wanna throw as much light on them as you can, while you can. You don't have to flower them or veg them, you just have to grow them!

Don't start your grow without doing some more homework, or it's gonna be a headache.
    But I'm with Weedle on everything he said:)
    I've also been using PC fans a few years too, and can tell you that 2 of them as your exhaust, with a passive intake, will keep 4 CFLs cool.
    Create the negative pressure like Booshido said and you'll be fine!

Good luck

7. Thanks all for the replies, i will try to use 2 fans as exhaust and im not trying to make a quality grow(to make an ounce?! I wish...)
    This is my first plant and its more like an experiment and hope that i will make some buds to smoke if it goes well then i will put some money in it...
    If i put 4 lights that mf will burn within an hour (i have a pc case) i choose that strain because it only grows max 50cm and its bushy so it will grow nice in a little space environment like the pc case (i hope).
    Keep blazing.

8. I am currently running mine as IN/OUT with 4 26w cfls, around 80*f

24/0 for veg.

9. #9 beastyyy, Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah i think i will start with 24/0 with mine too since ive spend a day to read about autoflowers and plants in general (i feel like im in school with questions like WHERE DOES THE OXYGEN COME FROM?) and i understand that autoflowers dont care about night/day cycle you can even give her 24h the more the better, im still waiting the freaking seeds, i think i will start to build my setup while the seeds arent here...

10. Lol I am addicted to just building boxes at this point :)

11. Eheheheh, do you have a topic or *journal* here where i can look at your grow?

12. #13 beastyyy, Apr 9, 2015
    Very nice setup, you will run this setup only for the veg stage and then move?
    If everything goes well with my first grow then i will invest some money and buy a tent. How much did it cost?

13. Everything together will run around 600. That should yield a couple lb if I do it right. This one cost around $50 to build.
    And I will just use this for the entire duration of the plant's life.

14. #15 beastyyy, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    Well i will use 2 cfls with 77w each/2750k...I did my homework and i read a lot in this forum/internet and saw videos on youtube (growing day 1 to harvest). My question is that you keep saying to use 4 cfls or dont even start (77w x 4 = 308w) but i think that is a really overkill for 1 plant or did i miss something? This is mainly because i saw a lot of people with one 150w light and they all had a nice big buds with good outcome, I might be wrong here this is just me doing some math stoned as fuck...
    ( like the one i will use)
    Thanks for helping out.
    Keep blazing.

15. maybe he is talking about lower wat lights? a lot of redily available cfls are only 26w  at the most normally, just seems some places it can be hard to find them. maybe im wrong. I think you may want to stay away from halogen, ive never heared of a halogen grow. once again maybe im wrong tho

16. yeah i read about halogen light here on forum and are not for grow because of the heat and fire hazard (!!!) (thats why i edited my edited post, lol)

17. #18 FinerMarijuana, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    It's not even a little bit over kill bro!  to use 4 CFLS in a small space..As long as you have a couple PC fans exhausting you'll be fine.
    If the sun isn't over kill for 1 plant, 4 CFLs aren't lol. You didn't miss anything tho bro! You've stated this this is your 1st attempt, so it move so you just don't have the experience to know yet ya know?!

I'm using 3x125w bulbs(truly 125w, 10,000 Lumen bulbs) and I'm noticing just how much my lack of light is my limiting factor.
    I've grown with 150w LEDs, 1000w HID, 600w HID, 400w HID, 150w HID, T5VHO, smaller CFLs, and larger CFLs.

You can pull it off with two bulbs I'm sure bro, but you'll be growing for a couple months just to harvest maybe 7 grams of herb.
    You'll pay that much in electricity over the grow duration.
    If you're just trying to get some experience tho, before you move on to bigger and better things, don't let me discourage you.

I'm pretty sure you're already following this grow, but I'm not sure..Just incase you're not, here's a link to a grow done with a PC case and 3 small CFLs http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1364040-mister-yfz-stealth-grow-pc.html

18. #19 beastyyy, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    Ok, thanks for the advice, and yes i follow that thread my case will be something like that, i will have 1 passive hole in the case with 2 exhaust pc fans...and the lights i will see what i can buy ( by truly 125w you mean that is not that incandescent equivalent watt or some bs like that right? ).I will see what lights are avalibile at my local grow shop and then buy some...
    Keep blazing.

19. #20 FinerMarijuana, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    No worries brother you're welcome!
    And by 125w, I mean I have the huge 125w CFLs that won't fit in a normal socket.

The smaller CFLs that you'll see used a lot are 23w truly, but they're the equivalent to 100w standard light bulbs. So on the package you'll see 100w equivalent like this....

But yeah, you're right bro! I mean it's not the incandescent equivalent

Attached Files: