Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Us old farts should stick together

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Deleted member 616232, Apr 8, 2015.

1. I LIKE IT
    Im gonna try tonight

2. I haven't been getting notifications for this thread.

I'm trying to decide what to do with that weed that dude gave me. I don't want to make cannabutter. I could make a tincture out of it but i really hate everclear and I can never get the taste out.

The last idea is to make oil out of it. Not concentrates, but cooking oil. It seems way easier than making canabutter. I seem to remember a recipe on here where you just simmer the oil and bud together. I guess that's not much different than cannabutter.

3. oh thanks! That will be a big help!

4. Lol I started smoking in the early 70's and remember bying dime bags. As well as seeing a few nickles. But yea it was full of seeds big time. Im fifty two and remember the old terms like dont bogart that joint. Lol
    Ooops buying I ment to type.

5. #266 crankz, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    I remember being able to buy a "lid" for $15. 
    For those who aren't familiar, it was a coffee can lid piled up with mexican schwag.

Edit: And a 4 finger sack of sensi was $35

6. I remember when a quarter pound was only 90 bucks. I'll bet 20 percent of the weight was stems and seeds, though. That Mexican schwag wasn't anything to brag about, potency-wise but if you smoked a big, fat joint, you'd get a buzz. Nothing like the stuff in my stash bar these days. Of course in those days, there was no stash bar. And I'd split out quarters just to have a bit of smoke, myself. Today, northern lights, purple kush, white widow, Girl Scout cookies, OG Kush, Green crack and some mystery bud from an ounce of popcorn bud from medicine mans dispensary online are all in my stash bar. And I've got some fast and vast autos and some candy kush autos started up at day 6 from setting seed in rock wool.

Back in the day, it was all about carding seeds and rolling joints. Maybe a metal pipe or ceramic bong from time to time. Or the good ok' power hitter. I don't know if they still make those but they were the best way to smoke a joint. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. because I can use a machine like this and enjoy it so much more than any other way. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431905963.849776.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. What brand is that heater Nice Rig

9. Dnail 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #271 mrsilly, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    [quote name="Herbal Epiphany" post="21666361" timestamp="1431905969"]because I can use a machine like this and enjoy it so much more than any other way. [​IMG]ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431905963.849776.jpg

I agree, you took it to the next level. Smooth as a baby's ass really!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431910027.344692.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431910098.320905.jpg

Herb! THAT RiG IS SICK! I would use it with Rosin. Lol

11. It was 1973 the gas crisis was a few months in the future still and a kilo AKA 2.2 pounds of brown paper wrapped mexi schwag was a whopping 60 bucks of that you'd end up with about a half a pound for stash after getting back your investment.. We'd get a good 2 or 3 cups of seeds during breakup and distribute them equally amongst the bags..

12. I'm 64 and been using cannabis regularly since '69 or '70. I grew up in Florida and I remember seeds and stems, but can't really remember any buds. Once you got rid of them, it was usually just easy rollin'.

13. Yes My friends and I were like" Woe Man Look a Bud" if we ever found one LOL

14. Here is some Dark Goblin nearing harvest outside in So Cal..

[​IMG]

I remember the first time I grew out 6 plants to term back in the 70s..  By mid summer they had cleared the 6 foot fence and I chopped them back by half.. 2 months later I had a dozen bud spears per plant.. Hanging in the garage to dry you could smell them a half a block away.. That was about 1977

15. Did your friend Gray ever come back

16. Ohh! i like that! where can i get one? bet it's expensive!!

What I do is make the oil with EC and once it's fully evaporated, I mix with a blend of coconut and hemp oils.  I heat it all up with a pot of water on the stove, until comingling.  Tastes nutty and yummy and it's still a tincture!

Generally I use about 3-5 grams of cannabis oil in 50-60 mls of combined blending oils.

18. Boy I have missed this thread! My lap top was in the shop and I could not remember which email address I signed up with here. I need to go into my settings and get that figured out. I finally got my lap top back and it remembers everything for me.

Had a blast over the weekend going to new dispensaries in the big city of Portland. One of them was so space age it was weird. It had all these different levels with different glass jars on different counters. They had an electric board with the menu flashing by. It actually went too fast for me to read it but they had at least 100 different strains. I got some White Widow that tested out at 24% THC for $20 an 1/8th. I also got some nice edibles to eat at my grand daughter's birthday party and some shatter, all super cheap. I got 2 free joints too. One for it being my 1st time in there, and one for being an old fart (over 55)