New to growing indoor hydroponics, looking for advice...

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by becca.boo, Apr 8, 2015.

1. I will be starting my first indoor grow experience soon and wanted some pointers. I think I've got the basics down with this hydroponic system, using the Aerogarden. Once my plants start budding and are ready to be cultivated, where do I start? It would be helpful if any of you out there could give me pointers on how to trim, dry and all the steps in between. Thanks!

2. Just keep to the basics, pH, ppm, ventilation, water temperatures and room temperature. What nutrients are you going to use? Be sure to concentrate on the root system first, I highly recommend a Silica Blast and Hydroguard (Botanicare) type product, as the roots are the heart of your plant. Once you have successfully made it through the veg stage, the Flowering stage is a piece of cake! Follow the basics, be patient! and obtain a jewelers loup and /or a microscope, these are a must have. That's it for now, happy growing!

Attached Files:

I'd worry more about focusing on making sure your pH and PPM's are on point first!

Then worry about how to dry and trim etc......  there are a lot of great step by steps on here.... Rumpleforeskin writes great do it yourself articles etc.

Basically chop all the shitty fan leaves off, chop off one stalk at a time and hang it upside down to dry.  Make sure you have a fan going and a dark room. (light degrades your trichs. i believe)

what specific information are you interested in obtaining? or questions you have?

4. I think I'm more focused on the aspect of trimming and drying. I have the Aerogarden LED growing system and I have read that it's very easy to not only operate but getting your plants growing. I am just really new to this and want to make sure I eliminate as many mistakes prior to growing.