Southern Yankeed Northern Grown

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by PromixPeat, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Greeting Grasscity Guerrilla Growers, 

I'm Starting this grow journal as a tool as much as a documentation of my garden. I found that having my last grow journal I was visiting my spots more frequently than other years. I also like comparing the growth, easily finding the date I planted a spot, spread guano, watered, etc... 

So far over the winter months, I cleared the jagger bushes for a new spot, dug several holes and even did a little early planting. I planted 12 clones in a east facing spot I will be calling East. Here are some pictures of the holes pre-dug awaiting some deserving babies. I didn't put any fence around them as of yet. I sprayed liquid fence, spread slug bait, mixed some soil moist deep in the holes and spead sea bird guano, and Humic acid this day April 6th.

These plants pictured are 5 Tarr Baby, 7 Strait Stinky.

I will be growing a couple breeds from some friends that are growing indoors. Some I've crossed myself from bought seeds. My cross I call Indian Spirit World (ISW). And Silver Queen, a breed I grew as a kid, I found the original guy last fall for the same seeds.

About half will be from bought seeds that I will list below.

Cali Connection:
    SVF OG 6 fem
    Tahoe OG 6 fem
    Green Crack 6 fem
    818 Headband 6 fem and 6 reg
    Blue Dream 5 Clones
    Original Sour diesel 6 fem
    BTOG 20 clones
    Purple Diesel 5 Clones, 3 fem seeds.

CH9 Seeds
    Green Bud 6 fem
    Toxic Blue 33, 2 clones

Reserva Privada
    Kandy Kush 12 fem
    OG#18 6 fem

Greenhouse Seed
    K-Train 5 fem

Grand Daddy Purple
    Bay 11, 15 clones

I have a bunch of clones to put out before I start my seeds. Next planned outing is April 15th to plant what I have in the clone box now. I welcome all to comment suggest help. Point out how full of shit I can be at times. I'm only human and I plan on messing up a few things along the way  due to THE UNFORESEEN. I do have a partner helping me every step of the way on these spots.

Attached Files:

2. Good Luck

3. I didn't make it out to my spots as planned due to the spring weather raining everyday. Having to find good parking spots to hide my truck is difficult when it's so muddy and no cover from vegetation yet. I've had farmers block entrances to fields from mucking them up before. Plus digging holes in the rain sucks!

I went to East yesterday and planted a few more in the holes I had dug from 4/1/15. All the babies I planted then are looking good except 1 that got the top bit off. No cages on these ones, just old jagger trick and liquid fence. I didn't replace it because I felt it will come back being so early in the season. The new clones I planted are 3 Blue Dream, 1 Purple Diesel, 1 Louie 13<sup>th</sup>.  I still have 9 holes already dug and amended in this spot that need babies.
    DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG

This is a site on the west side of a hill I will be calling West 1. A pic from over the winter too.
    DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG

I planted all clones at West 1 this day 4/21/15, 1 Indian Spirit World #3, 2 Blue Dream, 3 Purple Diesel, 3 Louie XIII<sup>13th</sup>, 2 Toxic Blue, 1 Cotton Candy, and 2 Silver Queen for a total of 14. Most of them got coon mats, and all got cages. I did spread chicken manure, azomite, and humic acid in Feb. I also use Soil Moist in the trenches I put on the upper side of each hole, and mixed with the soil depending on how much clay is present. I have 3 new holes I want to dig in this spot before all done. 

I have 3 more sites I will be including in this journal. I have 15 holes in each site that were dug and amended on 4/15/15. I have most of the babies ready to go for these spots. I will be starting my bought female seeds this week to put in my other sites that I still have to dig up. 

I would have been out there today but I woke up to a snow storm 35 degrees and windy. 

4. Looks great man. I'm doing a grow with about the same number of plants as you this year. I'll definitely follow along and maybe we could be of mutual help to each other.

5. Just read your journal, and subbed for the grow. Looks like a great start so far. 

Looks like were not too far apart. 

6. Lookin good Promix, very early start where you at Florida?!

7. Hey GrandPa,

Yes, it is early for my area but I had the clones and the holes ready so I said *uck it and gave it a shot. So far so good! But It's still early, we had 29 degree low last night. I'm sure there fine but I don't want it to get any colder than that. 

8. I'm down in the central Midwest, guessing a bit south of your latitude. I've got this huge black snake that lives in a retaining wall and I use his first sighting as a gauge for when it's truly okay to plant outdoors, well saw him yesterday catching some sun on a ledge so I reckon I'm good to go. Got a femmed HSO-blue dream and a B Farm-pineapple chunk germing, don't really have an outlet for growing more than I can smoke in a year so it's fun to watch ya'lls bigger grows. Look forward to tagging along. Wishing you fine weather and green pastures.

Did you cover your plants for that kind of temp? How low can they go?

10. I believe the animals know whats up too Carl. I've grown the HSO Blue Dream 3 years (8 plants total) and think it is a winner every time. Very consistant in size, color, shape, and smell. My cousin bought some Cali Connection Blue Dream last fall and gave me a bunch of clones of it to try this year so I didn't buy any HSO. It's gonna be hard to beat the HSO blue dream though.

I seen some of your pic's in porksville last year. You had a pretty nice harvest yourself. Feel free to post up some pic here or your grow if you don't do a journal yourself.

I'm sitting at 40 degrees latitude. How bout yinz?

11. Today was a perfect day for digging and planting. This is another spot I call Bible spot. I got enough dirt turned over for 10 clones, but I only planted 9 clones because that's all I took with me. 

2 Silver Queen, 3 Indian Spirit World, 3 BTOG x GSC, 1 BTOG. This spot still has room for another 6 with a little work. All my holes got soil moist, humic acid, OG tea, Mexican bat guano, slug/snail bait, and cages. I forgot my liquid fence which I will loose sleep over.

IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG

12. I don't cover them because it would take all day to cover them all. Most of the breeds I've grown have survived 27 degree lows with zero damage. They don't grow but they don't die. Yes, it probably stresses them a little but not me..lol

I did notice that if you let a plant frosted in full bud it will taste like poop, even if it don't kill the plant. I have never scoped the trichomes after a frost but I suspect they get damaged.

13. looking good promix peat. im pulling up a chair myself [​IMG]  u have a nice selection and a couple im interested in for my 2016 season. i grew the Hso blue dream last year and it got bud rot bad on me last year. im gonna grab their Purple train wreck and Trainwreck for next year for sure. im running 15 different strains this year myself trying to find 4 different strains that will do as good as my Delahaze does here at 37.5n lat.[​IMG]

14. Thanks kygiacomo, I grew a Purple Trainwreck last year and was disappointed in the taste. I'm a big fan of the Train Wreck crosses so I was surprised. It grew fine and was mold resistant. I only grew one so I can't say they will all taste like that one. 

I've heard of that Delahaze before but never tried it yet, but I will. 

15. #15 kygiacomo, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    mold resistance is the #1 factor for me. as long as stuff dont mold then i will take a few drops in taste or thc..

Edit: here is last year Dela the pics was took around 20th of sept. i harvested it 1st week in oct. this wasnt even give good soil or nute either. it was in miracle gro potting mix lol i was dead broke at the time and thats all i could afford. this year its being growing in 100% organic living soil so i exspect even better results. 

Attached Files:

16. Yes, mold is my biggest enemy in the fall. I'm going to use Actinovate this year and see if it helps. 

That Delahaze looks pretty fat. I was reading the description on Attitude and it sounds tasty. I'm not so much of a citrus guy but my friend seems to love them. I been turn to the OG side since I been buying seeds.

I too started using the dreaded Miracle-Gro back in the day and it works, but now only use organic fertilizer, compost tea's and beneficial bacteria's. Not only did it improve the taste and burn, but it's much healthier to consume.

17. ya i agree. i got actinovate also as but im gonna be using chitosan and regalia to induce SAR as well. its OMRI  its a extract from the knott weed. have a look at it might be of interest to u as well. i think using the organic soil tho my mold issues will be a thing of the past. prevention plan i will be on hard core from here on out though. i never want to go thur what i did last year agian,but alot was wrong strain choice i will admit that  http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

18. I did make it out to put in 40 clones today. It was nice having the holes already dug waiting for babies. It only took 4.5hrs to complete including lunch break (2 Fat joints of OG) in the woods. Just as I finished packing up in started to drizzle. So everything got a nice drink after being transplanted. I only took a pic of the First spot. I just forgot at the other 2. 

This spot I call Spring spot, I put 15 clones. 3 GSCxBTOG, 3 BTOG, 3 Indian Spirit World, 3 Louie 13th OG, and 3 Cotton Candy. Can't see much, but each level is terraced. The pic was taken looking up hill.

IMG_0393 (1).JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG

The other 25 clones were split between 2 spots, "Bottom" spot got 18 and "Top" spot got 7 and 9 more holes are ready there.

I also had started a tray of female seedlings Saturday and they are ready to transplant to bigger pots tomorrow.  
    3 SVF OG, 3 Tahoe OG, 3 Green Crack, 3 818 Headband, 3 K-Train, 2 Orig. Sour Diesel, 2 Green Bud (CH9), 5 Kandy Kush, 3 OG#18, 1 Gummy Bear, 1 Liberty Haze and 1 Purple OG#18.

19. Looks tightly grouped for outdoor

20. Thanks man, I'd be happy to put up some pics if I get anything worth looking at. Yeah, this is the fourth year I've seen that snake,,dudes got to be close to 7' by now. The wall he lives in is right next to my back deck and I've watched his pattern, either goes straight for a tree line towards a pond or across the back of the house towards some woods and our lagoon. Put a 6' 2x4 along one of his paths last year and he was a touch longer than it and not fully stretched straight. My daughter named him Woody, haha.

Man I must be high, just spent 10 minutes telling ya'll about a snake! Anyway, my starts haven't even broken ground, not concerned yet but gettin a little antsy. Had a silver LA start a couple weeks ago but she got mowed down in the greenhouse along with a dozen tomato infants by what I'm guessing was a mouse. I'm at 38 degrees, definitely west of you based on your use of "yinz", reckon you're in the heart if Yeungling territory.

Have a great weekend