Seed making questions

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hashtastic, Apr 7, 2015.

1. I just started playing around with breeding but had some small questions on how to handle the beans after they pop out of their mommas belly. Is their anything I can do to ensure the best germination rates? I know I want a dry cool place to store em but should I put em in the fridge/freezer to simulate a winter period? Is their anything else I should do to help em out? I've got my first hybrid seeds still in their mom and don't want to screw em up. GSC(thin mint)x Master Kush btw:D

2. i popped 2 right out the bud, germed the same as any other seed

unfortunately they were both males

gonna pop 6 next run

3. Keep them in a dry and unclosed space with plenty of air flow for a couple days to let them lose some moisture to allow germination. If you stick them in a closed container they will sweat and mold. When going back to use the fresh seeds be sure to make sure they're dry, then you soak until they have a tail in a cup of water (what I do) and stick them in the ground when the tail is 1 cm. Others use the paper towel method but I've never seen or had a plant have an advantage in the paper towel. Soaking though is absolutely necessary until they get their taproot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum