crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. not bad on the germs..also took cuts frm outdr plnt super flamin cookie as it finally shwd preflwrs.. germs n cuts 002.JPG germs n cuts 003.JPG

2. Nice, Dr! I need to dedicate some time to my veg area, and figure out what all I want to pop.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Or, Thursday if not in the states...

3. Hey crank when u poppin the dance world bean u got? Ima breed mine wit this sugar haze high thc dad high cbd mom sound good to me

4. I don't know yet. I still need to figure out how I want to do things. I've got all kinds of different beans now. Pry won't be till after the new year though.

5. Cool mine will prolly b mid summer wanna get some more experience b4 I try this breeding project.
    Also wanted to kno do u leave ur girls in a dark period b4 the flip? Or jus go straight to 12/12?

6. I just go straight to 12/12
    I've given 48 hrs of dark right before chop though. Not sure it helps anything though. Saves a little power...

7. i go to 12/12 with no transition..btw the breeding process could take a yr at least i'm on my second yr wrking on my HAZKS ..first yr cross Hazardous Creation with sweet kushx skunk #1 got seeds...first round of HAZKS all males..nxt round i get two females that prove to me this is killa1 bud...3rd round i get one herm and two males only one fem..4th round ( now) got 7 seedlings and am looking for strong mother..HAZKS has lots of males and will herm but is tailored for my space and grow style..i believe it for my space to be THE ONE so its time well spent in the long run..breeding will test your patience thass for sure..i plan my grws minimum 3 mos in advance so theres no dwn time basically..its tricky

8. I figured there was something more to it then that. Y do u think that they keep herming on u? Unstable genetics? Do u think treating a bud wit CS and pollinating it at the same time would make a difference? That way u could get females to pick from?

9. The orginal Hazardous Creation fem got jizzed on by about 3 SKS so theres that..also my space has headlights shine on it as people turn left for frwy on ramp..i was getting herms from the light shining thru the slats on the first SA..i've rebuilt it twice and added trim to cvr the slats and shade cloth..but i did it on the frnt not the bk..gorilla tape will take care of that..went to lowes this morn ..someone here i think asked about low profile bkt? this tote is 4.5 gals and also avail in 8 gal same size but deeper..the tops are snap top and interchangeable
    security ring finished 008.JPG
    nu gear 009.JPG
    nu gear 010.JPG

10. Hey Crankz and friends, what's your opinion on getting rid of all the smaller/lower branches to give more energy to the top colas?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448747139.707489.jpg

11. I would have to imagine that city lights, vehicle lights, and whatnot would play havoc on photoperiod plants.
    Don't know who asked about the tote. Maybe in the supercloset secret society thread... Looks like a good durable one though.

12. That's fine to do. I chop away a bunch of stuff below the scrog.

13. I'm hopin my first scrog yield me a decent amount of bud. Think Ima use mine more for a guide to keep plants opened up and trained. What would u guys say my expected yield would b if I flipped now? They've been in veg for 50+days ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448748085.111341.jpg

14. I got no idea. I would only guess once close to harvest.

15. But then again idk about the scrog its goi to get pretty hard to water them I have to lift the screen now to do it. Think ima jus use it next time and only do 1-2 plants under it do u think 2 20gals would fit in the 3x3?

16. And another thing I was considering is when I killed the other plant I had in the 7gal the roots were already at the bottom and they weren't as old as these so ima jus flip tomorrow and see how they do this run thanks cranks and another ? Do u start counting ur weeks from day one or after the stretch and u see buds?

17. I was having the same watering problem. Got myself a smaller watering can and just transfer from the big one. Not ideal but that's what I figured. My leaves were getting burn spots from the water that stays on them when I water through the scrog

18. Here's my buddy's bagseed he's goin into week 5 do that look about right? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448749615.366538.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448749635.468285.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448749657.571082.jpg

19. That's what I've come into sometimes I'm think wit 2 plants I can keep em in the middle and it'll b easier to do

20. I'll flip tomorrow and we'll see what happens I am goin to give them 18 hours of darkness b4 I turn the lights on tomorrow at 4p and I'll pull the scrog out tonight and jus tie em down as they stretch the fun begins tomorrow