Quartz nail mantainance question

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Teal, Apr 6, 2015.

1. When do I a dab and there is residue from the bho or reclaim left in the nail, should I burn it off before my next dab?

2. Once the quartz starts to show red stop heating it and let cool for around 40 second give or take depending on the nail. Apply the dab then carb your domeless nail or dome. And yes just torch through the leftover shit and burn it off.

3. Yeah, just burn it off and call it lost. Theres no real way to get it back unless it was enough to pour onto parchment, and then you seriously gotta work on your torch skills in that case. I have an old slide that i use to try and get some back when theres a puddle. I torch the nail from the bottom, let it get a flame and then blow it back out. Then i use the slide like a funnel and inhale the smoke coming off. Thats only when i'm almost dry, lost a lot, and had a real bad day too. It pisses me off when i miss a bunch.

Depending on the actual nail it should work for you too. And you don't need a slide. Anything that keeps your face away from the nail and won't fume will work.

4. Ok thanks guys! My main concern was finding out if it's ok to do dabs with some burnt errl left on your nail but it seems like from your answers I should continue to burn it off