Feds ADMIT Medical Pot Works on Brain Tumors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Apr 6, 2015.

1. "In a report issued by a U.S. government-funded research group tasked with studying drug abuse and addiction, researchers are admitting that marijuana is useful in killing off specific types of brain tumors.

The report - coming from a government-backed group with annual budget of over $1 billion - arrives at an awkward time for the administration following an announcement by the Department of Justice this week that it will continue to prosecute medical marijuana cases against individuals in defiance of Congress.

According to the Daily Caller, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) issued a revised report for the month of April, stating, “recent animal studies have shown that marijuana can kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others. Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumors. Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.” "

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/feds-admit-medical-pot-wo...

2. So they are FINALLY admitting that cannabinoids can slow or kill cancer cells? Took them long enough! Note the dates!  [​IMG]  (apoptosis = death)

Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol induces apoptosis in C6 glioma cells      (full – 1998)  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014579398010850

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer       (news - 2000)
    http://www.webmd.com/news/20000228/marijuanas-active-ingredient-targets-deadly-brain-cancer

Inhibition of Glioma Growth in Vivo by Selective Activation of the CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor       (full - 2001)        http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/reprint/61/15/5784.pdf   (THC activates both the CB1 (the high) and the CB2 (healing only) receptors)

And for the science nerds, here's the abstract-

The Combination of Cannabidiol and Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Enhances the Anticancer Effects of Radiation in an Orthotopic Murine Glioma Model.        (abst – 2014)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25398831

Granny

3. I doubt it, federal govt admits to NOTHING!!

4. Well, in spite of classifying mj as a Schedule 1 drug, the Feds also have a patent on its neuroprotective qualities. Hows that for high level hypocrisy?

United States Patent 6,630,507
    Hampson ,   et al. October 7, 2003

Abstract:
    "Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention."

5. #5 Storm Crow, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    Even better, SlowMo, our government runs a MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM and has done so for DECADES! [​IMG]

Every single month since 1976, our government has sent out shiny metal tins filled with 300 "marijuana cigarettes" to certain American citizens. The cannabis is grown in Mississippi and is sent across state lines to the recipients.

Now if you and I were to roll up 300 joints and send them to a sick friend in another state, we all would be facing several years in a federal prison....for doing EXACTLY what our government does every month!

Chronic Cannabis Use in the Compassionate Investigational New Drug Program    (full - 2002)         http://www.maps.org/mmj/russo2002.pdf

4 Americans get medical pot from the feds    (news – 2014)     http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-americans-get-medical-pot-from-the-feds/

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry." - attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Are YOU registered to vote? [​IMG]

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  6. :blink:

If granny didn't post this, I would have assumed it was a troll post.

Crazy man. Fact is stranger than fiction.

-yuri

7. #7 Storm Crow, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    By the way, blades, our government grows shwag! And dig this! The way our government handles its pot is mind-blowing! They harvest the plants (seeds and all) grind them up (stems, seeds and all), soak them in solvent, dry the stripped herb and re-add the solvent and dry again! Then they roll it all up!

[​IMG]

Right in the middle, to the left of the "marijuana cigarette",  you can see what appears to be a broken seed case! There was another photo that I remember that showed a seed even more clearly.

Virtually anything on the street is better than our government issue pot! I have this information on VERY good authority, I met one of the last survivors of the program a few years back and we had a very nice chat! 

The program, incidentally, was closed because AIDS patients wanted in (and too many others, too). This was SUPPOSED to show that cannabis had NO medical value! The patients did not "cooperate" by dying- they lived far longer that the government wanted them to!

Once the last survivors die, the program will be quietly closed forever, as an embarrassment to our government and a glaring piece of hypocrisy that anyone can learn about!

Granny

8. Nice post! Im such a HUGE fan of the fed!

9. #9 BRZBoy, Apr 7, 2015

Thats not the proper method or way most on here do it but I would wager there doing that since that is what the world just about does for any type of oil extraction. They place soybeans, sunflower seeds whatever it may happen to be soak it in Hexane. Hexane readily extracts the tiny tiny tiny tiny amount of oil in the seed then the whole container is brought up to a certain temperature where the Hexane is evaporated then usually its all pushed through a filter that is small enough to allow the oil to transport but not the hexane.

Any veggie oil you ever have used and about 99% of all resturants use oil obtained via that method. The other method is "expeller" pressed oil where they take the seeds and essentially push grind them in a giant screw that releases oil. That method though only removed if I recall correctly like 60-70% of the oil. Those companies that make expeller pressed oil then turn around and sell there mash to the hexane oil producers.

Hexane btw is a extremely carcinogenic substance but after there done boiling it off and filtering you can't detect any of it. Anyhow I would imagine they use a process that extracts all of it.

If you think thats crazy...watch on Youtube sometime how they make Deli Meat. Ever wonder how all the meats are circular? Pressed, punctured, bruised in tumblers turned to a almost flappy jelly thing. Spiced up, layered all put in a plastic outer case. Then its cooked with steam or water bath. After that the case is opened up, they use machines to emboss some sort of design, goes through a very long deep fryer to turn the white pasty meat brown on the outside. Cooled off rewrapped and you pay 6 bucks a pound for it!

10. That's because most oils are only a small fraction of the seed. Corn, as an example, is only 3% oil. Hemp seed is 30% oil and can be extracted without solvents. Even if you get only part of the oil from hemp seed, there is still far more than corn produces.  (see YouTube- Cold-pressed hemp seed oil)

And the government does the extraction to make a "homogeneous" product.  (The oils from the seeds must give it an awful flavor! Think burning vegetable oil! [​IMG] ) I think it borders on obscene, the way our government treats its cannabis!

I noted that you only get a small amount of oil via that method. Your talking about economies of scale and a brief google search on it does show indeed as the Cannabis market ramps up so are the methods of extraction good or bad.

If your making something in mass you start to notice that waste, etc etc all equates to dollars lost. The bean counters take over, the chemists are contacted and viola that waste now makes you money.

One of the ways how cat/dog food was developed. A efficient use of waste material or getting every last dollar out of something. Tater tots to were developed in that manner.

12. #12 BRZBoy, Apr 7, 2015
    Oh on the other note pray that hydrocarbon extraction never catches on in a huuuge way. I mean something other then Butane. Nearly all of the industry from coffee, perfume makers, food makers...all highly regulated which equates to big Uncle Sam presence from inspections, testing, compliance to code etc.

13. Thanx Granny. And as we've seen demonstrated time and time again, embarrassing hypocrisy and glaring failure is absolutely no deterrent to the Feds' in the continuing efforts to come up with new and improved ways to empower themselves and squander the people's resources.

Worse, the increasing trend in counterproductive, intrusive, and even unconstitutional efforts and failed (but extravagantly expensive) programs will, in all likelihood, go relatively unnoticed by the public at large thanks to a nauseatingly ass-kissing press.

And even worse than all that - at least for for our children and their children - more and more people have been indoctrinated into looking first to the mega-bureaucrats for "help" in living their lives. It's a tragedy of vast proportions, reinforced in countless ways in this 21st century mentality of Gov Knows Best.  

14. Wow.....i wish I was smart enough to school Granny......../s

That is what will be our downfall. Look at this website...everyone hates the Feds for there Cannabis laws yet they want Uncle Sam for everything else.

Its the oddest syndrome I have ever seen. Literally everywhere you look the US Federal Government is utter fail in terms of what it does in your life....yet there they are like beggars praying for there deliverance and hoping that this time things will be different.

Nope never happens and you get that same steaming pile of shit. Then like a retard you do it all again.

16. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.". -- Albert Einstein

But, in spite of my ranting and raving, I'm not opposed to the Federal Government, per se. I'm against the contemporary push toward unlimited Federal government. There's a huge difference.

These days, anyone that proposes any kinds of limits to the Fed's powers and funding of vote-getting programs will illicit shrieks and howls from special interest groups and the State's propaganda machines. Then the president or his stooges will drag out his favorite stage props (e.g. pathetic looking children) and show how George Smith in Batavia Illinois will not be able to eat, breath, or shit if such and such a program isn't increased by at least 25% from the previous year. The children won't be educated and the old will be dying like flies. Right!

But in spite of the political bullshit, I do appreciate many of the Federal departments and their efforts. As an example, I happen to think that many of the research programs underway at NIH could not be accomplished otherwise. And I appreciate the public's access to that research, free of charge. I could name a pretty long list of things that probably only the Feds could accomplish and they don't do a half bad job.

In my opinion, they could accomplish a whole lot more in a much more effective and efficient manner if they weren't being commandeered by the their appointed political bosses for the purpose of pushing the Parties' bullshit political agendas. The unbelievable list of political priorities set at the CDC over the past few years is just one example.

But that's enough for today. I think I'm WAY off topic. Appologies for that!

17. Sounds like the makings of a new anarchist... :)

18. Freedom and government have an inverse relationship, its hard not to be an anarchist.

19. No, it's really really easy not to be an anarchist. That involves the scary thought of self reliance and responsibility. Just look at the majority of dumb ass American drones.

20. Imagine if Nixon had choked on a peanut.

Where would the healthcare system and marijuana legalization be today?

Probably be able to buy cannabis at home depot :smoke:
    ~ poke