uh is this safe?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by jamspls, Apr 5, 2015.

1. So all of the sudden my micro gpen just decided to break. It had been my sole toking tool for about a month, probably used it 3x / day. They're just so stealthy in love it. Now the coil is pooched and the battery won't charge. I think I'm just going to get a whole new vape.
    But for the time being, I have just about a gram of shatter and no rig or vape to hit it off.
    I searched around on the interweb for other ways to dab and found nothing good aha
    So I came up with this ¿ image.jpg
    it's a thumbtack in my glass spoon with the nail-side down inside the hole on the bottom of the bowl.
    with my mini torch lighter that I "bought" at the dollarstore, I heat the tack up and dab away. It actually works like fucking well. pipe gets a little hot but whatever.
    I'm just wondering if I'm like, inhaling chromium or something dangerous :0
    I don't wanna die I just wanna get high
    any help appreciated thaanks☮

2. I personally wouldn't trust it man, sounds sketchy.  Too thin and probably not quality enough to be safe or non-toxic.  Just get some herb to load it on.

3. Looks pretty sketchy, I wouldn't use it myself.

4. you could just put a rock in your bowl and dab on top of that..? sounds a lot safer to me

5. Bigcats right . Your better off with a rock . Dabbing with that wouldnt do anything too drastic but a rock will be healthier and tastier

6. you could green screen it. just be sure that when you cap your bud with the wax that you don't nail it with direct flame. go easy with it and use your breath to draw the flame ever so lightly towards the wax. it will bubble and then vape. it will also melt into the bud and then smoke like a tire fire lol!

or, you could use the ambient heat from the flame on your torch to vape the wax. just lightly hit it and slowly lower the torch towards the wax with out touching the flame to the wax. as you lightly hit it the wax will melt, then bubble and then vape. just like that. you will know when you hit the sweet spot. 

or you could mix the wax with some bud and make a hash of sorts. then just light it like an incense stick, blow it out and then as it smolders, hit it using a plastic water bottle shaped as a funnel {no bottom and no top}. you could also just collect the smoke in an upside down cup and consume. or use a straw for a bit of the "chasing the dragon" style and as the smoke comes off of the hash suck it up with the straw.

good luck  [​IMG]  

7. #7 keyedeyes, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    Man now that i think about it if you have a torch why not just do knife hits with the oil ?

8. You are saving so much money "buying" things from the dollar store, why not just invest in a good piece?

9. Just melt it a bit and roll some buds in it? Smoke it on top of a bowl of bud? Tobacco if you don't have bud.. Hot knives? Bottle tokes? Idk man, never smoked shatter before, but those are what comes to mind if you have no rig or Vape.

10. If I was in your situation I would, clean the pipe and smoke it straight...yes it will melt and fall through.  Just take your torch and use it like an unmentionables pipe.

11. #11 dekabos, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    Don't try to dab off a thumb tack man, just don't. That's some crackhead shit. A real nail for dabbing isn't even twenty bucks. 

No it's not safe.