Mushrooms are awesome

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mushrooms/fungi are super interesting to me, there are some really crazy looking ones out there. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always kinda wanted to try mushroom hunting, see if I can find some "chicken of the woods" or chanterelles, I hear those go for a pretty penny at the farmer's market 

2. Someone of quality needs to remake Matango, using some of the images in this thread as source/special effects material.  [​IMG]

3. Washington has a large variety of mushrooms. Like idk what they're called but they are white and filled with this green powder. They grow on the ground and its strangely satisfying to pop them.

4. #25 helloeveryone420, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Try morel mushrooms (the caps). Look up this recipe (sauté diced onion butter garlic red pepper and shroom caps, deglaze w white wine). This recipe is pretty good w shrimp mastacholi and vodka sauce. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428812392.631313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Love me some good boomers! 🍄✌

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

As said earlier in the thread, talk of other drugs is not permitted on Grasscity...let's keep this thread clean please... - IgnorantFool

6. This is what my lab is researching. We not only study the medicinal properties of their metabolites, but we study how to filter contaminants out of the water using myco-filteration, and complexity networks within the mycelium (how it interacts with it's surroundings).

7. This was a refreshing knowledge booster. Great post.

8. There's also a mushroom (believed to be indigenous to Hawaii) that gives women crazy orgasms when they sniff it due to some property of it's exopheramones , just saying. One of the people I spoke to awhile back is trying to find this mushroom and find this property to create a vial that women can sniff to give them a nose full of "Oh yeah!" I told him that he was a madman, but admirable nonetheless.

9. #30 helloeveryone420, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Just went mushroom hunting. Got 6.2 ounces of morels. They're delicious w my recipe previously mentioned (dice the stems otherwise they can be rubbery, and halve the caps) Yum!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430190649.285847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Great job dude! ^
    Those look awesome

I'm so jealous!  I can almost smell them, browning in butter and a bit of red wine....   [​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

It is Morel season here in Missouri. Bread and fry these mother fuckers up and there is nothing tastier in the whole world! Unfortunately they are very unhealthy for someone like me who has hypertension. I am really hoping that a couple times a year it won't make any difference though. Eat up folks!

13. #37 papabull, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    It is important for people to know that morels are actually toxic when raw. I've been collecting wild mushrooms of a multitude of varieties for most of my life but I made the mistake of eating morels raw one time and it activated a reaction to them that has made me violently ill after eating them each of the three times I've tried since. It's sad for me because the morel is one of the most treasured mushrooms. I actually prefer chantarelles, though. They show up in copious quantities during the summer and are just wonderfully flavored with a beautiful orange color and great texture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. I found a round white mushroom tht looked like a small ball. Amazingly symmetrical. I stepped on it and it fired of a powdery cloud. Yeah mushies are amazing.

Good to know. I very often try a cap raw.

16. #40 papabull, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    It is good to understand that many wild mushrooms that are excellent table fare when cooked are toxic to one degree or another when raw. I've even heard that amanita muscaria, the fly agaric, which contains psychoactive compounds that are. Considered "toxic" (even though some people intentionally ingest them for the effects), are rendered edible and non-toxic by using some pre-boiling and purging techniques. Meanwhile, the amanita phyllo ides or virosa will both kill you very painfully if you eat even a half ounce of them raw OR cooked. The toxins are NOT destroyed by cooking.

Best to always cook wild mushrooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk