I quit smoking No more tobacco, snuff, anything for this guy just vapes

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TeddyB, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Well, I just wanted to provide some kinda update because I haven't been on here in quite a while. My journal plants are still going, they are about to be flowered and I've been vegging them a long time, they're really big and bushy. But a few things have happened to me lately and I just wanted to pass along the good news... I'm in my mid 30's. I've been smoking cigarettes and pot and rubbing snuff as well (indoors when I can't smoke I'd rub), and I've pretty much been the poster child for the big tobacco company's bitch. I'd wake up and couldn't function without lighting up that first cig of the day, or after a meal I had to have one, or any time I was driving the car I had to have a cig in my lips or I'd panic...

Well I met an old friend at the store and we exchanged phone numbers. He was asking if I'd had anything good to smoke lately and I had a nice chunk of hash at the house so we started hanging out again. His new girlfriend was acting shady towards me because I have to take a pain med every day for my knees (i'm only on a bit of methadone a day for chronic knee problems), and long story short my "friend" lost a tip to an atmos bullet and accused me of stealing it. I don't steal, so I got very offended and after he found this part he should have apologized but he didn't, then I got my own atmos bullet 2 go plus in the mail a couple days later and he doesn't believe me that they come with 3 cartridges, one is the "bullet" cartrdige that comes with a regular bullet, one is a "nano" tip which holds ejuice, and one is a "waxy" tip, it has a white plastic straw that goes down into a sideways coil that has a wick fed through it. My "friend" didn't believe me about what was inside the "waxy" cartridge and straight up called me a liar while I was looking at the thing infront of my own face.

I told that guy thanks for introducing me to vapes, and immediately cut him out of my life. I can't hang out with people who treat you like the enemy all the time and don't believe what you say and call you a thief and a liar, screw that. The guy gave me a cheap-o battery and a wax tip to get me started, the battery broke or I'd give it back, and I need the wax tip til I get another one then I'll throw it in his mail box or something.

After I got the battery I went and got a tsunami clearomizer for it, a cheap one just to see how ejuice was. April 1st I woke up and had a cigarette, it tasted like ass compared to the Gwar Juice "Spew" mellon flavor stuff I had in my vape pen. I butted that smoke out and haven't lit another one as of yet! Its been 5 days! After I saw how well it was working, I stopped by one of the two new vape shops we have in my small town of 10k people. I got a Vapros Spinner type battery for $27.00, it worked okay but it would die after a couple hours. So yesterday I was looking for the longest life battery I could find and settled with this Tesla Sidewinder s2 battery that is rated for 2000 mah. This battery is SICK. I LOVE it, you can vape anything with it, it goes up to 6 volts instead of the usual 4.8v. I use it for everything except smoking my fresh BHO, I still use my atmos bullet 2 go plus for that. I've seen where you can use the battery of the atmos bullet and screw in a gentleman's club wax tip and they are a little better made than the cheap bullet cartridges (they are pretty much throw away cartridges and the gentleman's club tip is not).

So yeah,  I've been smoking cigarettes over half my life and now I don't. I made a banner that says how many days I've not smoked and how much money I've saved but it won't display it here for some reason...but yeah, I'm still alive (sometimes), and I'm working on that next batch of nugs its just going to be a while because I'm caught up in all this vaping stuff thats all new to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. And just to clarify my comment above, I smoked the guy up with tons of dabs to trade for that cheap-o battery and wax tip the guy gave me. So keeping it wouldn't be bad, I just don't want that dude to be able to say "oh yeah, he's got my part he never gave back" to other people. I'm going to get a nice wax tip and leave that junk he gave me in his mail box. Its got a round porcelin bowl and a stovetop coil on top of that, it just melts the wax and it falls down onto the bottom of the bowl and barely works right anyway, its junk. He made this coil for it, and its a shitty coil too.

3. And I just wanted to say, my niece came over the first day I quit smoking and when she saw me filling my new Aspire glass tank (its still a cheap-o part I need a good glass tank for this Tesla battery), my wife told her I've quit smoking and she let out this huge gasp and wrapped her arms around me and said "THANKS UNCLE ****, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!" It was so sweet and it melted my heart.

4. Didn't read all the posts but be careful with those e cigs if you planned on chain vaping all day. People have overdosed on nicotine and seized out along with some custom built vapes just blowing up

5. #5 TeddyB, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    wow, thanks for the heads up. I'm actually not chain vaping, I'm surprised at how little nicotine I actually need to keep the withdrawal symptoms away. My local shop only has Gwar Fluid from 0 to 12 mg of nicotine, they lied when I asked if they made any higher strength because I can see on the company's website you can order up to 24 mg of nicotine...but they told me the less nicotine, the more flavor supposedly so I tried it and here I am on day 6, no smokes yet or snuff and every day gets a little easier.

Today I was talking to a friend and he said 6 days and you aren't ready to rip someone's head off yet? I said nope, I'm fine and I feel normal. I just vape when I would typically have a smoke, when I find myself running downstairs for something or outside, after meals, before bed, and while driving. I have a small Aspire glass tank and it has dual bottom coils, until tomorrow when I pick up something a little more suitable like an Aspire mini Nautilus for it.

6. #6 TeddyB, Apr 7, 2015
    When I first got that cheap vape off that weird guy, he had told me to start with menthol cig flavor since I was smoking them so much at the time and I got another cheapo battery so that I'd always have one that was freshly charged ready to go, but it wasn't working. I'd do it for a few hours and go smoke a real cig for about a week. During that time my new small cheapo battery broke, and I was down to only the cheapo battery crazy dude gave me.

Its crazy how I started vaping, but here it is....I had my best buddy stay over the night so we could download some ps4 updates to his ps4 faster because his internet was slow and would have taken days.  While we were downloading his updates and stuff, we were drinking a bottle of spiced rum and a 30 pack of beer. He always smokes all my cigs and then rubs up all my snuff when he stays the night, he'll pretend he's good on tobacco then as soon as we start drinking he says gimmie a cigarette every time I light one up. Anyway, he smokes all my cigs while we were drunk and I hadn't drank in a long while. I ran out of cigs early on in the night and I filled up my vape and just started puffing and it actually tasted half decent. After I dropped my friend off in the morning I went and got a pack of smokes, I smoked a few drags off my first one and the taste just hit me as being terrible and I thought how have I been smoking these for years, I butted it out and threw the pack up in my cabinet.

I asked someone I know who has  been into vaping a very long time, and he told me that trying menthol flavor was a bad idea, because my body couldn't tell the difference between that vapor and a cigarette, my body was just thinking I could smoke in the house, thats all. He said to try a fruit flavor or something sweet.

Then I went to the shop and they told me about Gwar Fluids, so I got some Spew and everything has been gravy since I got it. Some days you wake up and taste different flavors of melon with that first vape of the day, and it generally reminds me of watermelon  jolly ranchers.  I know I'm overpaying, but I was able to go pick it out and try other flavors, so I got to make sure I liked it before I ordered it but from now on, now that I've found my flavor, I'm going to save $8 on every 30 ml bottle I buy and order straight from Mt Baker! This smoke shop keeps me in supply of dabbing paraphanelia too, the owner smokes and she was telling me her favorite rig to rip dabs with, and I just hope she's not as forthcoming with info to everyone as she is to me or she's gonna get in trouble real quick...parents are going to start finding those neat nifty vaping   devices for dabs and ejuice in their kids rooms and the parents are going to start throwing a fit about having stuff like that for sale around here, thats just how it is. Our state will be the last to legalize any form of pot because they just love having the jails filled to the gills because that means they are making money!

I wish they had newer stuff though some stuff is like iTaste MVP 2.0, and the 3.0 is out if I'm not mistaken....and she wants $59.99 for the damn thing, I thought it was like $53 bucks and I almost bought it one day but I'm glad I got my Tesla Sidewinder s2 instead. This thing is a workhorse the battery lasts me all day, then it dies at night and I break out my Vision Spinner II and take over until I go to bed.

7. glad you are not smoking tobacco anymore. it is hard addiction to end. it was the hardest thing i have ever done in my life. took my 5 or 6 good solid tries to finally get it. pretty much just needed to get to the point where i hated it more then i loved it. i was hooked like you, first one of the morning, after each meal, when driving, when drinking, when smoking doobage, etc, etc...

grats!! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 hitops, Apr 7, 2015
    Congrats on stopping the cigs. Best thing I ever did for sure. Keep lowering the nicotine eventually you can get to the point of no nicotine e juice. I did it now I just vape from time to time for flavour. Highest level of nicotine I ever vaped was 18 mg per ml. I could not take more than that or would want to it was like a super marlboro red. I know they go up to 20 something or more milligrams nicotine per milliliter of e juice. Thats nuts & I could see someone overdosing on nicotine if chain vaping that. A pack of marlboro reds contain around 18mg the whole pack. If you smoke a pack a day not uncommon & your vape tank holds lets say 2 ml of e juice. Like the aspire nautilus mini. You're fine if you have a half empty tank at the end of the day on e juice that is 18mg per ml. Some even smoke a pack & a half a day that would be 27 mg nicotine. So in short if you wanted to know 18mg per ml e juice means for every 1 ml of e juice you use its is equal to a pack of 20 class a marlboro reds in amount of nicotine content. Also don't swallow the stuff as a whole bottle can hold 5 to 15 or 30 ml of e juice depending on size bottle you buy. Skin can also absorb the stuff if you get it on hands or skin wash it off with soap. Definitely keep it away from kids. Again congrats your lungs & body will thank-reward you.

9. uploadfromtaptalk1428380038114.jpg
    This setup is hard to beat

10. Well 10 days in, and I've run into a few problems. First off, like I said my small town has two vape shops now...well the closest one sells knock offs as legit, and the other one has been taking aspire small glass clearomizers and removing the aspire dual coils and putting some cheap ass 2.0 ohm single coil inside these before they sell them. I went to change a coil this morning, only to find out that the coils in my two Aspire ET-S are not the coils that should be coming inside of these tanks.

Greed has got the best of these two suppliers and I won't be spending any more money at these places. Today I drove 35 miles away to another city and stopped at a tobacco shop, I have to go back to this city tomorrow anyway and I picked up a few things at the shop...well I had 10 bucks left and they wouldn't sell single replacement coils. I go to leave and I tasted my coil isn't doing very well since it isn't even the coil that goes to this thing. My paycheck is 4 days late again, the joys of being hurt and off work.. and I am feeling the withdrawal from cigs full force now. At first it wasn't bad at all, last night I wanted to rip someones head off. Today is worse.

I don't know what to do. If my paycheck ever comes I'm getting an Aspire Nautilus or a Mini, they both fit this Tesla Sidewinder s2 really nicely, mini is flush and regular one is just about flush

11. Nautilus is pretty sweet. Coils last a while. If you are super hurting, I still occasionally snus. It gives you that nic boost, but its not for everyone.

12. About all I can do is go to the shop that has been swiping coils, and tell them I'm going to buy another ET-S IF i can see the Aspire coils inside of it before I pay. They've been out of just the coils for a good while, and thats what happened, they started running out and started cannibalizing the coils from the cheap ET-S tanks for the  employees' own nautilus tanks and they started putting some generic 2.0 ohm replacement coil inside of the ET-S glass tanks to sell to people starting out like me who have no clue. I googled the aspire coil, and this coil they are putting inside these tanks just say 2.0 ohm they don't even say Aspire so they aren't right.

I'm afraid if I go and say look, I need a correct coil for this tank one way or another and tell them to take apart another ET-S before I buy it so I can check to see if its the correct coil they may just get mad at me for exposing their trick and kick me out. Screw it, I don't care its been 10 days and I'm at a critical point now...dealing with the withdrawal from cigs. I hope it starts getting better. At first I didn't even feel it because of the Gwar Fluid, and how it tastes so good but now it tastes like garbage out of my tanks because they never had a correct coil and the coils that they put in there are burnt up now. One didn't taste too bad, thats the one that I hit as soon as I left the smoke shop today and all i could taste was burnt popcorn.

13. You could try and contact the manufacturer and tell them what's happening. You may get a box of coils for free. Kanger and the sorts are battling a lot of knockoffs, so they tend to do pretty good with making customers happy.

14. Okay, well here is the deal...now Aspire is shipping the ET-S's sealed in a little plastic sleeve so that this sort of thing can't happen. I bought ANOTHER one, I have 3 now and I'd be happy with one that works and some coils but nowhere has these coils on hand except for that store 35 miles away, and they only sell 5 packs so I'm going to have to start picking them up there.

I bought another blue ET-S and opened it up right in front of the lady and checked the coil, it was the right one for once. I'm soaking it before I fire up the new coil, they say if you don't put a drop of juice in it or prime it, when you fire it up that first time it'll burn it and it'll never taste right.

Thanks, good idea! I know that guy closer to me is selling mad Kanger knock offs, but this Aspire thing just seems dirtier how they are taking advantage of new users then when the experience SUCKS cause those 2 ohm coils blow out super fast then they will be switching BACK to regular cigs. I know I almost gave up on Aspire when it wasn't even their products giving me a problem, it was the shop not giving me what It was supposed to have inside it.

I'm emailing aspire now I'll let you know if they say anything.

15. And before anyone thinks its new to this guy, me, and maybe he isn't sure whats up...I have a few friends who vape I just don't get a chance to talk to them that much these days. I also have an electrical background, that is what I do. I'm not 100% new to the e-cig idea, I've always cashed in my coupons when they send them for those Vuse, and Mark 10, and all those other cheap electronic cigs. I'd just keep them handy and charged for when I ran out of smokes and I was drinking or something, then I'd smoke it and use it up til it wouldn't work anymore and sometimes I'd get cartridges, sometimes I didn't like it enough to bother. I just can't recall ever buying juice and filling a device myself, which I should have! Maybe I would have quit smoking back then. I stopped cold turkey for a few months one time since I started smoking over half my life ago.

I just never found that one flavor that I liked so much that it turned me off to real cigs, until I tried those Gwar Fluids. They taste like candy, they smell like candy, I've gotten a splash on my tongue here and there and honestly I liked it....I keep it far far away from my son, because he says it smells good enough to eat when he walks in the room and I'm filling a tank or something.

I asked the lady at the shop that swaps coils if they made 18 mg or higher of the Gwar Fluids, she said nope they only make it to 12 mg because if there was more nicotine it would make it taste bad and mess with the flavor. I get online and look it up, sure enough they make 18 and 24 mg she just made that crap up. PLUS she's marking stuff up so high these days I see things on eBay going for 29.99 and she's got 59.99 price tags on it, plus it was a second edition vape device, the company already has two or three devices that are newer and blow that old stuff away. If you don't watch out she'll get your ass and sell you a cheap Uno Vapor kit for over $50 that doesn't even have a variable voltage battery.

Its a damn shame how these places prey on the people who decided that they want to improve their lives and throw away those cigs for good. I know I am discouraged after going through all of it...the first two devices I had were Uno Vapor devices and they are both sitting in my pile of parts to be recycled as I need...The push buttons would start sticking then they'd go down inside and wouldn't come out, then I just kept having to rip them apart and fix them, I took em apart one day and just threw it on a pile of parts. I still have all the wax tips I used with them, I'd been smoking dabs out of them for a while with a strange guy who used to be a friend years ago but now he's a stranger. He gave me my first battery and wax tip, then I got a cheap tank with wicks that hung down and I didn't use it much it leaked and was a pain in the ass, but that guy was a weird-o. He was always peeking out the windows and while you were having a conversation he'd walk over and put his phone to his ear as if he were answering it, then he wouldn't say a word and he'd just click it off and hang it back up. I asked him what that was all about, he said that if you hear clicks and taps, in a pulse pattern then they were tapping your phone. I said man that is OLD SCHOOL shit, nowadays every form of communication you have with another person is relayed through these super computers out in the deserts and then they keep it and send a copy of your message to the recipient, and it freaked him out it was hilarious. But yeah he was a strange character if he wouldn't have accused me of stealing first then he accused me of lying so I had to get away from him before I got angry.

One cool thing is that the weird-o introduced me to vaping again, so I can't complain that he was a douche.

16. I got an Aspire Nautilus today and I love it. I also got a pack of the coils that should have come with these Aspire ET-S's and put a new correct coil in each of the three I had....which none of them had the correct coil!!! I thought one was right, it was the old Aspire BDC that burns out real fast! They specifically told me these were the BVC coils already in the tanks because that was one of the first things my friend had me ask them if the coils were BVC because the BDC's burn out super fast, and they said yeah. they have the newer BVC coils. Then I get two generic 2 ohm coils and one Aspire BDC coil out of the three of them! Not one was right! I put the right coils in them and these ET-S's are hitting almost as good as the Nautilus. Actually if I'd have had these coils all along I don't think I'd need the nautilus at this point because this month of April is bad for me money wise but after this month I'm getting a much deserved and hard fought for windfall, the only thing I like is the adjustable air flow, I snap it to the second biggest hole and do crazy lung hits when I feel I need a puff.

I stopped by that shop today for a minute to grab one last container of ejuice before I start to order from the company because there was only one bottle of 12mg left and I wanted to put it up so I don't run out before my other order comes...and sure enough now all the Aspire ET-S's they have on the shelf are sealed in little plastic clear wrappers and they look like candy bars almost. I'm sure I haven't been the first person to notice their little coil scam and I'm wondering if their supplier is making them keep everything wrapped up, because now even the juices are sealed up in plastic. Before all the different Gwar Fluids were open, now the new bottles are sealed but they only keep ordering 3mg in bulk I don't get it. I bet she caught those kids swapping out the expensive juice with $3.99 crap, I wonder if my juice has even been 100% genuine this whole time?!?! Honestly from one MG strength to the others, the Gwar Fluids were all different shades of colors and they said its from the nicotine strength but I'm starting to wonder if they aren't mixing them with cheaper stuff.

Its crazy just getting into the stuff and trying not to get taken for a complete fool. I try to absorb all I can from the couple ppl I know who vape but there is a lot to it and sometimes I forget things they tell me when I'm baked.

17. The plot thickened today quite a bit...I emailed a few manufacturers of products that didn't come with the right stuff that the shop told me was in it...and I emailed Mt Baker Vapor about the last bottle of Gwar Fluid I bought at the shop was discolored a few shades and smelled funny...It tasted like poo too compared to how good the stuff tasted when I first started buying it...well Mt Baker sent me a complimentary bottle of Spew, just as a way of saying sorry your vape shop gotcha on our product, and wouldn't you know it.....when I opened up the package today the Spew looked totally different than what I've been vaping THIS WHOLE TIME.

I smelled it, and it didn't smell ANYTHING like the Gwar Fluids I have been paying $18.99 a bottle for locally. THEN I thought okay, maybe my sense of smell is giving out after smoking for years so I asked my wife who has never smoked a cig in her life to sniff the bottles and if she thought they were the same.....she said they're 100% totally different.

My problem becomes this....I haven't tried the real Spew yet because i like to steep it about a week more, but whatever I've been getting from the smoke shop has helped me stop smoking for 14 days and I really like the flavor, the watermelon jolly rancher flavor, it tastes like candy and I'm hooked on it....now I just don't know what the hell it is I've been vaping! What if the real Spew doesn't satisfy my cravings? I can see this all ending badly, I'm just trying not to worry about it and if need be I can find a new flavor or something. Mt Baker also sent me a 5ml sample of Maui Sunrise, a really tropical sweet vape, but it was 0 nicotine and max VG. I could see myself all day vaping this at 12 mg nicotine and 50/50 PG/VG, it tastes really nice.

18. And yes, the other bottle of Spew that I bought locally was steeped in the medicine cabinet for a week after I got it but still the base smell is totally different. The bottle from the local shop just smells like straight watermelon, while the bottle from Mt Baker smells fruity AND watermelon at the same time. I doubt very much that 7 days sitting in a medicine cabinet would make it taste so dramatically different that you can't even tell it was the same product to start with, so it has to be a totally different juice. Steeping brings out some secondary flavors or dulls some strong flavors but it doesn't take a juice and magically turn it into a whole new juice, the base would still be the same pretty much.

I don't know, I can see why most of the people I know who have tried vaping didn't stick with it because these local shops are playing EVERYONE for a FOOL for MONEY. GREED.

19. Aspire hasn't emailed me back about the coils yet, I dunno what their deal is....Mt Baker emailed me back within hours when I was telling them about my last bottlet. Guess Aspire IS based in China, so maybe they are checking in on things I don't know, but I bought this Aspire Nautilus last weekend and two coils burned up in it already, can you imagine its the two that came with it and ever since I put a coil from a fresh SEALED pack into the thing it has worked perfectly. So most if not all of these local places around my area are taking old coils, soaking them in alcohol, shining them up, and throwing them into their kits that they sell their customers! ...and I got that at a DIFFERENT vape shop about 20 miles away that I just found out about. ALL of these local places are swapping coils in Aspire products. 9 out of 10 times its the kids who work there

20. #20 hitops, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    If I can I would like to offer some info you may already know this having background in electrical. This chart may help with longevity of coils. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

When it comes to e-juice the higher the nicotine level the less the flavour will be & smell. You can compensate by adding extra flavour shots on mt baker site before adding to cart. The more colour the liquid has to it the harder it is on a coil aka shortens lifespan scroll down on the following link mt baker has a indicator from 1-5 with a what's this link under it. I love jolly rancher candy this is just like them watermelon http://www.mtbakervapor.com/nicotine-juice/happy-rancher-e-juice-baker-vapor/ I would put settings at 12 or 18 for nicotine with 50/50 VG/PG blend with 2 to 3 extra flavour shots in a 30ml bottle size. If you get a 15ml bottle no more than 1 or 2 extra flavour shot. Changing flavours from time to time will keep you from going taste blind to your flavour of choice. Also more PG in blend = more throat hit roughness & flavour. More VG in blend = more visible vapor less flavour less throat hit roughness. I find 50/50 is a good mix with the set variables I give above for that e-juice. If you need to or want to go smoother mostly vg pour on the flavour shots it will need it. VG is thick so coil will burn out faster due to decreased wicking to coil.

Note on that chart the colored blocks with numbers in em are watt settings volts list across the top of chart I use it all the time coils last for ages. You set a coil or run to long on to high of setting it won't last long. Runs the risk of popping - giving out right off the batt.

I buy my coils online in bulk monthly it's the way to go in my opinion. You could research - get into building them something like a drip atomizer. It will outlast the bought ones many times over.