Official Vinyl and Record Collection Thread - The Wax Spot

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 4shotmark, Apr 4, 2015.

1. I'd be interested in seeing what you have for sale. Anyways in terms of hip hop one of my favorite projects of last year was CLPPNG, but the vinyl lacks the intro and outro joints which were some of my favorite. Either way its a nice trifold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like pretty much all genres. I've posted Burial before, I have almost every release on vinyl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the double post, but you should definitely feel comfortable posting whatever you find, no matter the genre. There are plenty of classic rock fans even.

2. #62 8ight, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Burial's awesome. I've got that EP plus the Truant / Rough Sleeper one, and his self-titled album. I still need to get Untrue, but those are the only releases I've listened to so far. 

I got two albums yesterday, listening to one now... pictures... maybe later. Don't have time now. [​IMG]

3. #63 4shotmark, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    No new pick ups anybody? I'll remedy that. Gonna be mixing up the genres on this one. Let's get some hip hop heads in here.

[​IMG]

This is a great experimental ambient album, and definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves. Truly a recording that is meant to be played on vinyl. If you want to check him out or support the artist, the physical LP is only 10 bucks or you can peep the release free right at https://blithefield.bandcamp.com/album/two-hearted .

[​IMG]

Two of my favorite emo albums from Mr. John Galm himself from his band Snowing. The full length LP is a beautiful blue pressing and one of the identification says "PASS THAT SHIT" [​IMG] . The EP, Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit, is super short but a great couple of tracks. This is actually one of the releases that got me into the genre in the first place.

[​IMG]
    Working on completing my Death Grips collection so here it is - the infamous penis album. Personally, No Love Deep Web was a huge improvement over their first two releases and I think this LP may be one of their most primal releases to date. I wish I could post the real cover art...
    Also if anyone wants to post their last.fm and discogs usernames I think it would be a really cool way for us to connect. And please, feel free to keep posting whatever you like!

Find me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/fourshotmark
    Find me on Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/user/fourshotmark

4. I got a vast collection. vast to me. probably about 500. all love.

5. Holy shit and I thought mine was a lot. I'm at about 250 or so

6. I wonder how long they'll last... they're wrapped in plastic, in crates, in an old home. and it's been there for about 10 years now..

7. Pretty vast considering I don't even think I have 500 albums total for all of my formats combined. I'm probably close, but once again that is including everything I have not just vinyls. 500 still has nothing on the guy in my town who had so many vinyls and cassettes that he had to open a record store for about a year just to make room for stuff in his house (and to keep his wife).

8. When the apocalypse hits, and the internet goes offline leaving only generators and analog vinyl players, his wife is gonna be sorry that she can't hear that one obscure song from 1982 because she made her husband sell the record. Lol.

9. He still had about half a room full of music when he closed the shop lol. Most of the stuff he sold was the stuff that he had multiple copies of and for some reason he sold a lot of 8 track tapes as well. I guess nostalgia sells? I never cared for the 8 track format haha. He had some Cheech and Chong 8 tracks and a couple Zepplin albums but nothing worth picking up an 8 track player for.

10. #70 8ight, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015

Jesu - Lifeline; Vessels - Helioscope
    [​IMG]
    I've got nearly every Jesu release on CD, including this one. But it was cheap, so what the hell... I think I paid more for the CD, actually. It's my favorite of his EPs. 

But right now, it's Tom Waits.
    [​IMG]

Shitty pictures, but... I'm lazy. 

11. New pickup :)

1430785103127.jpg

I got 3 or 4 more but the Kinks one is my favorite. I REALLY need to get more punk records. I have so much r&b +soul

Excuse the pink tint. My camera is broken.

12. #72 TheSingularity, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015

Hey man, where'd you get that case?

My vinyls are all stacked on the floor :p

And unrelated, how do you like those Dune books? They've been on my "to read" list for ages.

From Ikea, the standard for vinyl shelving used to be the expedit but Ikea got cheap and released what you see which is the Kallax. Same shit but got thinner borders (people freaked out about it but no big deal IMO kallax works fine...). You should look into SOMETHING tho cause stacking records on the floor will eventually lead to them warping. Cop a milk crate for cheap if you want, they sell them made for records now in a lot of places since it's kinda the iconic way to store records.

On the other question. I LOVED the dune series but tbh haven't read them for like 10 years. If you like sci-fi it's like the LOTR of sci-fi (awesome awesome intricate and complex world created). If you read it, give the 1st one like 100ish pages to heat up, if you're not feeling it by then i dunno keep reading anyway but that's where it gets really good. 

Oh and I copped a few new joints recently Ill throw them on here when I get home. I put 1 up on youtube so far but haven't gotten to the others yet...

14. #74 squidrick420, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    I forgot that I was like posting stuff in this thread until now. Anyways... might as well start knocking off some more black metal. This could take a while now that I am on CDs.

1349: Massive Cauldron of Chaos (Second Wave BM, Norway)
    Abaddon Incarnate: The Last Supper (Black/Death, Ireland)
    Abigail: The Lord Of Satan (Second Wave BM, Japan)
    Absu: Abzu (Black/Death/Thrash, USA)
    Aura Noir: Out To Die (Black/Thrash, Norway)
    Agalloch: Pale Folklore (Black/Folk, USA)
    [​IMG]

Bathory: The Return... (First Wave BM, Sweden)
    Bathory: Under The Sign Of The Red Mark (First Wave BM, Sweden)
    Bathory: Blood, Fire, Death ((First Wave BM, Sweden)
    Behemoth: Grom (Black Metal, Poland)
    Behemoth: Evangelion (Black/Death, Poland)
    Beherit: At The Devils Studo 1990 (First Wave Bm/Death, Finland)
    [​IMG]

This is my band's first album. We play a bit of first wave style black metal with some modern influences at times. This album doesn't fully reflect our evolved sound but the new album we recorded last weekend absolutely represents us, however, that won't be released until October as it is currently being mastered by Joel Grind from Toxic Holocaust and we still need to have artwork done and we are trying to decide what format to release it on. Vinyl would be ideal but it looks like we are going to settle on cassette + download card for the new one. The label plans to help with releasing it so we have more options than we did with the album in the picture.
    For more info + music...
    All Hell | Facebook

15. Some of my collection, nothing particularly rare but all albums/singles I like.
    I do have more but they're mostly generic white covers.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440576069.333844.jpg

16. thought people might like my new 'shelving unit'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2