heres my sketch starting led grow tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by fruit/veggiegardener, Apr 3, 2015.

1. heres the sketch this is the grow room i will be building for 1 plant grow in a five gal. bucket i plan on growing a great white tomato in it.. I feel this will work .L 2ft x W 2ft x H 7ft 9in
    \nmaterials
    i got most of what i need as to lights and fans odor filters
    2 sheets of plywood
    2-4     2'' by 4''s
    caulking
    \n\n\nas too a door idk what to buy it's just going to be a homeade looking plywood door.Im not worried about flat white paint i can get that later because i dont have the money for it at the time.Im going to be exhausting inside my room because i will crack a window .when my room heats up, the led i will be using is a blackstar 135 watt flowering model and a 4 inch inline fan with a carbon scrubber an just some small desk fans for inside you think i can hold optimal temps. ? with these two passive intakes holes cut in a rectangle too mimic a grow tent with some odor air filters cut them to the right size also do you guys think 2 sheets of plywood will be enough?advice will be greatly appreciated i want to make sure im going to be able to maintain my temps during the day when it gets hot 

Attached Files:

2. Nice.  Looks pretty solid.  As long as you can take it from paper to existence with nothing lost or changed in the process.

Only comment is on the light.  I could be wrong, I'm used to flooding my cannabis with as much light as possible and I dont know the light requirements of tomatoes...

But 135W seems a little weak to me.  I've always been curious about if one could successfully Low Stress Train a tomato plant...  Your set up might be the perfect way to test that out.

And about the 2 sheets of plywood and all that, thats something you re going to need to figure out based on your own measurements.

3. #3 gardeningheaven, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    thanks great idea about lst a tomato i had my box built just need fans and a fixture for both of my grow boxes .Sorry i dont got a camera to update everything

thats my old account

4. #4 Peflora, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    I hand built my first 2 x 4 tent ~ 5 years ago. These days you can buy a ready made grow tent for less than the cost of the wood, screws....

5. i make it out of wood in case someone messes with my growbox .I keep it locked up heavy duty lock too plus my room .I feel like, if im trying to get the best grow possible Got to make sure nobody touches my plant at all .It's easy to screw up a grow I got a awesome grow tent when they were cheap .the wood method I spent a hundred dollars an now I can build two of them if i wanted with leftover material .But I already got two grow boxes and a 2 x 2 tent .I love stealth set ups i can't make stealth though .im try to get pics