Fullmeltalchemists perpetual 1400W DWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by foolmelt, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Just finished setting everything up again and starting a new grow. So basically I run a 400w MH during veg and a 1000w HPS during flower, but until I have some clones to re-veg I'll be using the 1000w during for the veg too. My tent is 4x8x6 but I'll only be using half because I only have 4 bubble buckets and couldn't keep the light out if the 33g rubbermaids I had on the other side. I'm planting 3 seedlings in each bucket until I know I have a female in each then I cut who ever I have to. One bucket has some seedings I saved from the rubbermaids, the rest are still in rockwool cubes until they perk up a bit. Running GH 3 part Flora nutes, I'll probably only veg long enough to top twice. Let me know what you guys think!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Seedlings in rockwool were sprouted in paper towel, the 3 already in the bucket were soaked in water and then planted straight into gravel, we'll see which method gives better results.

3. The seedling in rockwool have spread their leaves and been moved to the bubblebuckets. The seedling already in the buckets are on their second set of true leaves and looking very healthy. I started a bunch of flowers and a shrub which are currently on the other side of the tent, I may post pictures tomorrow or I may just do dabs and forget.

4. #6 crankz, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    Looks good!

I have a similar CO2 generator...

IMG_0246.JPG

Edit: Holy Krap my pics are huge lately! Sorry about that...

5. Hahaha, thanks for the input! Thats one nice kitty you have yourself there.

6. The seedlings planted straight into gravel have several 3" long roots extending from the netpot now and are looking very happy so I lowered the water to 0.5" bellow the netpot.. No sign of roots yet on the rockwool buckets. I built an aerocloner for the clones I take from these plants, its all assembled just waiting for the EZ clone misting jets and trying to water proof the lid then I'll post some pics. It has 9 clone sites, 20 misting jets and a 50l volume(jets are about half way up so hold 25ish liters of water)

7. I've decided to discontinue my use of rockwool, my plants grown in gravel are nearly ready to top(just sprouted 3rd node) while my seedlings in rockwool are either gasping for air or dried right out.

8. These are all 10 days old haha. Topped the biggest one today and there was new growth underneath within 12 hours, then my asshole cat got it there and bit off a fan leaf. Still looks plenty healthy though, I'll take pictures of the roots when I clean out my res' later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. A couple pics of my progress, lots of growth in rockwoolless bucket barely any in the other. There's a few roots poking out the bottom now at least, maybe it will start to catch up. I have some more seedlings under some cfls along with a few cuttings from my pear trees. I'm still waiting on the jets for my cloner, which should be here in a few days and I also ordered some seeds from The Choice(Attitude). 3 Hashplant x G13 and a Purple OG all feminized. I'll probably keep a Hashplant and the Purple OG as mothers (going SOG as soon as these bagseed are done) and flower out the remaining 2 Hashplants between the bagseed and the SOG.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Had some heat issues so I bought a nice cooled hood from the local hydro store and redid some ductwork. Sitting at about 82 now I'd still like to get a larger extractor fan. Started 2 new buckets with the seedlings I was sprouting, I saved one bucket for the HashplantxG13 when that comes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Just received my seeds from The Choice(Attitude) and my EZ clone sprayers. Seeds only took a week from Britain to Canada, very impressed.

12. Happy 4/20, just hit 420HP in DragonNest and though I should share haha
    [​IMG]

13. What height does everyone keep their MH at? I had mine like 8 inches from the plants but now my nodes are too close together to LST.

14. I'm noticing magnesium deficiency in some of my plants, guess I have to buy the Cal-Mag I didn't think I would need. I've also been reading that magnesium is best absorbed above 6.0Ph and I've kept mine pretty constantly in the 5.5-5.7 range, should I raise the Ph a bit and wait a few days before adding anything?

15. Nobody answers my questions :( I'll keep a journal non the less, here are my (hopefully) ladies. The big bastard is 24 days old and the rest are about 10, and I have a G13xHashplant in rockwool waiting to go in the last bucket. Adjusted Ph to 6.0 for 24 hours and new growth seems much healthier, still might pick up some cal-mag before the Hashplant goes in a bucket as its the whole reason I'm dialing in this setup. Nute levels have been really stable, though the Hashplants needs could be totally different. I'm running 300PPM during weeks 2-3 and 600 in week 4 then 900 first week of flower working up to 1200 by week 3. Running GH Flora 3-part and loving it. Let me know what you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I'll let the pH swing up to 6.5 before I worry about it. You may find it stabilizes in a certain range.
    Mine's usually around 6.0. 
    My top off is pHed to 5.8, and the whole res is changed every 10 - 14 days. 

Looks good. I'm a big fan of oxygen in my buckets. I don't know how big your pumps are, but more certainly wouldn't hurt. 

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a 1.3psi pump on one bucket and a 2.2psi pump split between the other two. There just cheap $25 aquarium pumps but next paycheck I'm going to get a big motherfucker with an 8-port manifold.

18. Plants are really picking up with the higher Ph, 5.8-6.2 and I lowered the nutes by about 200ppm. I did some LSTing, topping, FIMMing and all that good stuff and the bigger plants. The stems are already huge, I'm glad I started topping early now I have tons of tops to work with and take clones from.