New gravity bong thing people are using..?

Discussion in 'General' started by bagheera, Apr 1, 2015.

1. So, if you look anywhere online for gravity bong videos, almost everybody has the bottom of the bottle completely cut off.
    That's how I make all of my gb's, but everybody around here likes to burn a hole at the bottom, like they're making a waterfall bong, but they light it and lift it from water like a normal gb. Then they lift it out of the water, let the rest of the water drain, unscrew the cap and hit it.
    I guess the idea is that you can pass it around or something, but I don't really fuck with it. I like the normal gb.. i think the way these kids are doing it is weird. Like, why didn't you just make a pipe with the bottle if you wanna pass it around? What's the water even doing in this case?
    Now when i make gb's the traditional way, nobody even knows how to use the damn thing, and some people even want to say that it's not a gb.. like they know. Pfft.

Lol anyways, do you guys know anybody who makes a gb like this? Or do you? I think it's weird, don't like it that much.

2. I have never seen them like that, find a video, I was just in the water pipe(still not legal to say bong:( ) store and they sell glass water bongs that i have never seen before but they were awesome

God made Greenery & he also made the Scenerey🍁

3. Never tried it, don't plan to.

4. Never tried that specific method, or never tried a gb in general?

5. #5 dankness420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    When I used to make them we would always burn holes, creates more suction allowing to brew the bowls easier and larger.  Plus when you move the bottle you wont lose a massive cloud of smoke...it all stays in the bottle.

But now-a-days we usually just use bongs.

6. Both.

7. Why don't you ever plan to? They're actually pretty cool. I have pieces of my own and I'm ordering a vape, but i think it's fun to kick a few fat gb's every once in a while

8. When I didn't have a bong I had a pretty impressive gravity bong that was made from an absolute glass bottle with the bottom cut off via fire string. It would sit in a plastic bottle that sat in a utensil holder to make it look nicer, and you would light the bowl at the top and slowly pull the absolute bottle out while sucking up the smoke. Wish I still had it do

9. Nah, pass. Thats just me though, far be it from me to rag on anyone who enjoys it.

10. #10 AlexJacK, Apr 1, 2015
    I make a hole at the bottom, tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago. My second hit was so harsh I literally forgot my name and didn't know where I was for 10 seconds. I was on all fours before I knew it.

Keep toking!

11. Yea I never really cared for gb's. It sounds like I've tried both methods that the OP is mentioning. My buddies always get hype over it, but I'd almost always prefer to use a piece, honestly. Like I think it's cool to make your own pieces if you can (like outta glass bottles and shit, if done well), but honestly if I want to do something active and productive while high, I'll just clean or do something more important. Just never really got the craze over it. Admittedly it's neat how the water pulls all the smoke and burns the herb, but why not just smoke a bowl slowly for part of the experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Glass bongs>everything else

13. #13 bagheera, Apr 1, 2015
    Not what i was asking. But i agree.

14. New??
    I used to make some pretty gnarly waterfall bongs when I was like 15-16.

Doesn't sound appealing in any way shape or form now tho.

15. There's actually some glass gravity bongs around!

[​IMG]

Never heard of making a gravity bong like that, OP. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of a gravity bong to me [​IMG] That's odd that it's common there, where are you from?

It's been years since I hit a gravity bong and more since I've made one. Last time was a few years ago, a buddy had a glass one like the ones above. When I was really young, we made plenty of gravity bongs (among other kinds). We made a couple waterless ones, using a bread bag over the bottom. 'Iron lungs' as my friend called them :smoke:

16. Its all the same

using the suction to "hit" the weed for you

17. I used to make holes at the bottom. Its better that way. However, slicing off the entire bottom is easier and less time consuming. If im makin a GB, that means im ready to go. No time to waste lol

18. #18 theTVogs, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    4L milk jug in a 5 gallon pale.... it was insane
    I have many pieces but that was an experience for sure!
    we just burnt a hole in the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Now on a different note wouldn't it be just as effective to torch a whole bowl at once thought a bong?

I get the gravity/ water fall and how it hits you. And is something diffrent. But not big on choking on smoke

20. Seems like most gb's you guys in the US make are made of plastic. I've only ever made them with glass bottles and never plan on using plastic. Why use plastic when you can use glass?