The AncientBiotics Project..

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mantikore, Apr 1, 2015.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo4K51bQVs0

I really hope this works out.. for a few reasons. Mostly cause MRSA is a bitch.. but hopefully it'll inspire more to take a look at our past for answers. Today, it seems like we have the technology to find out why things work the way they do.. but in the past, we had the knowledge of what things work.. and we gained that knowledge from just trying random stuff and seeing if it works. I feel like the majority of people think our ancestors were less intelligent and therefore neglect the things they knew, when there is a lot to learn.. er, relearn. Putting a decent dent or possibly wiping out MRSA with an ancient technique would be a sizeable step to reversing that mindset.

2. I read that today and booked marked it. Every get it I will be sure to show the doc it.

I think our ancestors were smarter and less intelligent due to there level of technology and understanding. Just as 1000  years from now if there is a humanity they would consider you a throw back.

You have to remember to back then there were no distractions like we have today. People thought about things and observed things alot longer. Today we have the attention span of a gnat, everything is made or done for us so we have zero knowledge on how practically anything works.

3. I agree, except the less intelligent part.. but that also depends on how you see intelligence. Since modern humans appeared, there really haven't been many changes. We've always had the same capacity for intelligence, its just our base of knowledge is a lot bigger today.. thanks to our ancestors. Like if time travel were possible and you took a newborn and sent them back in time the very instant they were born, provided they looked similar in physical appearance, no one would know the difference.. not even the baby when it grows up. They would speak their language and know what they know, any intelligence capacity difference would be next to nothing. Same if you went back in time and stole a newborn from that era and brought them to our time. They would have no problem learning English and math and no one would even guess they were from the past. Now if you took a child, teenager, or adult.. that'd be a different story as they've had time to get accustomed to that time period.

That's how I look at our ancestors.. cause after all, they were us.. only with less distractions as you said. Back then, you were raised with a skill for the most part.. kind of wish the present had some of our past aspects like that. I mean, we do.. just not like it was back then. Plus, I too think we were spoiled by technology. It sucks out our imagination when it comes to doing things. That's why so many people have this mindset with the pyramids and other ancient structures.. "there's no way they could of done that!!1!" And its like no, it's just that you can't imagine it because your brain is spoiled by technology.

4. DNews made a video on ancient remedies a day or so after this was announced and meant to post it when I was on my computer.. maybe I'll get it when I get home today.