New Method of Growing anyone?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thefloweringman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. First full harvest, I got 4 slammed full 1 quart mason jars, that should be enough to last til next harvest in 8-10 weeks, cuz I like to share but mostly stock pile, hehehehe

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum get it done!!
    Try new things and live a better life!

2. Damn just thought about it, I got transplant my other mainlined plant into flower woohoo!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum get it done!!
    Try new things and live a better life!

3. "and if it weren't for the blunt taste,"

I personally never got the whole blunt deal. While of course it's a "to each their own" thing, the flavor and aroma of growing and carefully tending good pot, to change the flavor and smell by wrapping it in tobacco just kind of ruins it for me.

Then again I've laced many a cigarette with ice water hash I make at home so I'm not one to say anything, it's just with some really nice, sticky and stinky nuggets I feel like I'm wrecking it with a blunt, and especially some of those God-awful flavored blunt wraps.

Cool beans on the 8 mason jars of nugs dude! Do you think there's an ounce in each jar?

J

4. U have a good point about the blunt issue, I don't know, when u have enough, and I use to smoke cigarettes and quit but I was smokin menthols, and I saw these ice wraps and just decided to try it, and it wasn't all that bad... smooth just as smooth as I've tasted....
    By the way, it was 4 jars, full, and probably, I don't weigh it... but I know approx from experience on the other side of growing....

I make my own ice water hash too and people love it when I take it too parties, in butter...

5. Golden tree update....
    Added 75 ml of Golden Tree to my flower fish tank, and the tank literally turned black instantly and it was put in there a week or so ago, maybe longer. The ladies look fake, it looks like they are on steroids. Not a flaw anywhere, and loading up and producing flowers and resin beautifully for week 4....
    The large vegging mainlined plant is headed into flower this week, and the mother plant in the bucket got a 6 ml dose of G.T. as well, but since it isn't a recirculating tank, just DWC, I wonder how long it takes for the mother plant to use it all, and will the 2 feeder goldies survive... a weekly update with pics will follow ...... stay tuned... thx
    P.S. This is fun and very easy, set it and forget it...

Attached Files:

6. This is so cool man! I love marine life, and then youve got marine life supporting ganja? Too awesome. Im gonna smoke one for ya.
    You better be here for a while and blow me away with some insane progress.

7. Lol, thx guys, yeah no worries , I ain't Goin no where, just can't wait til harvest to see the actual harvest difference between just the fish and potassium bicarb. And using G.T.
    I would be really impressed if this method would entice someone else to try it, it really is easy and u kind of get attached to the fish as well. So yeah stay tuned, there is more to come. ... thx again guys!!!

8. I'm really psyched to see it's worked out for you. I've been watching since you first started.

With what you've seen so far, do you think this (system) would support large plants if you had much more lighting, a much bigger, deeper reservoir, etc?

Basically what you've got only on a bigger, grander scale?

Kudos to you for sharing and making this work man.

J

9. Update transplant to flower

Attached Files:

10. Thx Jerry, absolutely, I say this based on the fact that when I transplanted to flower last night, the root ball was seriously anchored in the bed, so I know larger plants would easily be sustained and thrive in a larger setup.... thx again Jerry

11. Oh yeah, I added 1/4 cup of G.T. to the flowering tank to help the new plant that I put in last night, recover and get started....

12. #112 thefloweringman, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    Jerry, by the way, u mentioned deeper Rez, are u referring to the fish tank or the grow bed? Well, regardless which one you were referring to, both fish and grow bed would have to be larger, but the grow bed would not need to be any deeper, just larger diameter. The reason for the grow bed staying the same depth is due to this....
    The grow bed is 12" deep, there are 3 sections of the grow bed and what each section's purpose is...
    First 2 top inches are always dry, this preventing mold and stem rot
    The next 8 inches is for root growth and nitrate breakdown, which is what the plants are feeding on. Between this section and the last 2 inches is where the magic happens, the wiggler worms breakdown the old roots and the fish waste producing the loved food for the plants and sending the water back to the tank clean for the fish to thrive in.
    The last 2 inches of water pretty much stays there but it is recycled every flood period, which is about every 5 minutes, so the water in the bottom is always fresh.

So this gives the reason why you would not need a deeper grow bed, just larger in the horizontal way, for more surface area, to support more plants. The fish tank/Rez, would need to be equally larger, so what ever size grow bed u use, u want the approx same size tank for more fish, I only have 2-4" koi in my fish tank, and from my experience, 2 koi will only support up to 3-4 plants 3' tall at mature/harvest size. Of course, I am saying 3' tall plants because that's how much room is above my grow bed to the cold air cooled light (400whps).
    I went to the library and borrowed a book, (the aquaponic source) this is also a website theaquaponicsource.com. Other than trial and error, this is where I learned most of what it took to set things up, and get it somewhat right, lol.

13. Update, nearing second harvest can't wait, buddy everywhere

Attached Files:

14. Well, yesterday was harvest for 1 out of 3 plants, and a nice harvest too, can't belive how much bud came off the one plant, loving aquaponics.... once u get it all up all and running, feed ur fish and watch the plants grow.... other than topping off tanks once every 2 weeks, it's almost too easy...... keep in mind that I have no choice but to keep my plants to 3 ft tall at the most, I have noticed however, when I use the golden tree product, the plants want more light. I say this because the plant that will be ready next (next few days), the top colas on that plant are less than 6" from the 400 light and the buds just keep building upwards, the golden tree additive seems to be like organic steroids for the plants, the first harvested plants 2-1/2 months ago were almost as close to the light but they didn't produce nearly as much bud on the top colas. The plant that was harvested yesterday wasn't as close to the light either as the one coming up next, and the top colas weren't bursting with bud either. Yet a nice harvest anyway.

Please remember that all these plants came from the same mother plant, so the characteristics of the plants should all be nearly the exact same, the only thing that differs between these, is how they were groomed, and how far away from the light they are, because of their differing heights. The golden tree makes a huge difference, and more light is desired by the plants when the golden tree is used. Even with a cooled hood, the heat from that light will burn u, but as long as the plants aren't touching, they crave it. Just wish I could right now afford a 600 w hps, but I am very happy and pleased with how things are going.
    I am on my way to a perpetual harvest, it's great!!!!

So if this thread interests anyone, and u want help on setting something up and want verbal help, I'm glad to answer any questions that u may have, thx for following this. Not sure how long I will continue to post updates due to the fact that it will all be redundant now.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can experiment with different things to keep u guys interested, please let me know, thx again... I will continue to post for the next 2 harvests.

Attached Files:

15. Nice harvest man!

J

16. Quick update, the following pics are 3/4 of the next plant coming out, the top main cola was not quite there yet, it is a couple days out, the reason I say this, well... u'll have to see it when I pluck it, remember I stated in my last post that with the golden tree stuff, the plants crave light, and unfortunately the tops of the plants were not all the same height, so the plant got more light than the rest, and the top cola is just bursting with flowers, the last time I have seen this kind of explosive growth was with w.w. years ago.
    And still not like this..... but u will see it when I pluck her in a couple days..... but here is the rest of that same plant, what a frigging harvest..... remember I only chopped 7 days ago the other plant of the 2 that were ready

Attached Files:

17. Ok, last but not least for this time round....wow!!! All of the last 5 to 6 pictures, damn what a harvest.......

Attached Files: