New Method of Growing anyone?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thefloweringman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Update pics

Attached Files:

2. Hey guys, status update, no pics, this asks everyone a question.
    I have run into a situation, my plants have thinned out a bit, some potential males, gone, left with 2 unknowns and 5 females, and now, I realize my bed could be stunting the growth because it's only about 6" deep, and all the plants were not receiving the same amount of what they should. So here I am, ready to flower and I now have to tear this well balanced Eco system out, and transfer it all over to a larger tank and larger bed, so they can flower there permanently, I am setting up, fish less cycling a new 20 gallon tank and 20 gallon bed made from a food safe barrel. There will be in the end, 2 barrels running one for veg and one for flower... The mother will stay in here very own 5 gallon bucket with 2 Goldie's and she will be root pruned and cuttings will be taken, but, she is healthy and beautiful right where she is so I refuse to upset her. So my question is.....

Since I am cycling a new veg fish tank right now, in 5 weeks or so it will be cycled and my stock can be added, then we r off to the races, but I will be transferring the existing over and screwing up the balance in the system, should I go ahead and flower a potentially stunted crop, or should I wait for the new veg tank to cycle and then move them over and wait for the flower tank to cycle?

I tend to want to lean towards flowering this crop just to see what happens and then moving the flower room over and letting it cycle, because I have a great mother and if I took cuttings in 2 weeks while waiting for the veg tank to cycle, they might be ready after 4 weeks of veg to go into flower room tank which would be close to cycled by then....

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum get it done!!
    Try new things and live a better life!

3. Homer, thumbs up to ur last post, I had 12 plants in that 6" bed, I found for certain, 3 females, and there are still 2 unknowns in there, ever since I took about 6 unknowns out, the rest really started to take off, and now doing well.

I am supplementing Epsom salts and potassium bicarbonate, to keep the of around 6.4 or as close as I can. The plants seem to enjoy the extra mg from the Epsom salts as well.

I have created another setup for cuttings and vegging only, when I am don't flowering these ladies, I will be tearing out the current flowering setup and rebuilding the flowering setup with an exact replica of my new veg setup, and this time, I am running dual root zone, as to be able to feed or supplement what ever I want or need to the upper roots of the plants without the concern of run off going into the tank.

I am fortunate that, during setting up my permanent veg tank and bed, I was able to pull some of the media in the flowering tank and use it in the new tank, cycling only took 3 weeks, instead of the 6 to 8 that it normally would have taken. I will be pulling 2 cuttings every 2 to 4 weeks, so as to having a perpetual harvest once everything that is going to be permanent is up and running.

4. Week 3 or 4 of flowering now, plants doing awesome so far, have been foliar supplementing with things like potassium bicarbonate, bud start, and ton o bud, plants loving and my fish don't notice it, hehehe....

Attached Files:

5. And now for the vegging plants, 2 are being mainlined, and 2 are just growing, I am using the dual root zone method in 2 of the plants, so that supplements can be added without the worry of affecting the tank, which has 4 4" koi, one small catfish, and a personally caught brim/bluegill

Attached Files:

6. These are the vegging and mainlined plants and the dual root zones

Attached Files:

7. Hi all,
    I have an issue I need help with, I am about 2-3 weeks from harvest and have 2 more plants ready to go into flower, my flower grow bed has 3 in it now and is only 6" deep and 2' x 2' , I am wondering due to height restrictions, should I just harvest, then change the grow bed out for the permanent one I had intended to put in there and wait for everything get going again, which will cause me to have to cut some of the plants back and discard the cuttings, or should I keep the grow bed I have for flower now going, and just keep working with what I currently have , it isn't as efficient as my veg bed, and I was thinking that if I put the bigger, deeper bed in the flower room that matches the vegging bed (the one in the pictures I have posted) I would have even better results from here forward. Not only that but I am going to be growing from here forward using dual root zones for each plant, so as to be able to feed additional bloom nutes to the plant's upper roots without the danger of harming my fish. Please, experienced growers, if u have any good input, I am all ears. I just don't know which way to go. I can't post any pictures at the moment, it's night time for the flowering ladies, and I ain't about to screw them up. My long term goal is a perpetual harvest, every 2-4 weeks. I am excited, the aquaponics thing really is working and using the d.r.z. Method is providing the additional ability to grow badass budd!!

8. Wow, Simply amazing.. So awesome how you made a polyculture for cannabis, my hats off to you sir!!

9. Well, yeah aquaponics is definitely working, just not sure about ur reference to (polyculture).
    I need to update the grow, so at this point, here is what I've got....
    Just plucked the first plant which smells very sweet, and when dried will likely fill 2 quart jars with no problem. Lots of bud at first for a first time/first plant in aquaponics. Now waiting for the second and 3rd plants to be ready, likely this week at some point, then the grow bed in the flower room will be changed out for deeper bed. I would recommend aquaponics for any type of growing, but do the research before u start and as u go along, a 6" grow bed is not adequate, the plants just won't grow to their full potential in a 6" bed, not enough room for the massive root growth they need. Also, in the current vegging area, I have started using the dual root zone method, and I can say for sure that the plants are extremely happy and extremely vigorous in their growth. One of the best parts is that I was able to introduce bone meal (used for flowering) mixed into the peat/perlite mixture, which once in flower, will adequately provide additional phosphorus ( though not necessitated, )the plants can use by watering with the fish water-3/4 of a 1/4 cup of water, which will allow the top 1/4 of the roots to uptake the nutrients and not bleed down into my fish tank.... when the lights come on this evening, I will update with pics....

10. I do want to state the fact that for this first grow, I did not use any additives other than potassium bicarbonate foliar spray for the first couple weeks in flower along with adding in Epsom salts to the f.t. dissolved of course, because if the fish lay on it, the salt will burn a hole right through the bellies of the fish, and yes I got great bud, I plucked a popcorn branch and dried and tried it after a couple days, I had been smoking some sticky recently and after smoking my own, the high was intense, couch lock at first, then I couldn't sit down. The taste was a cool almost like a menthol and yes very smooth. Very proud and can't wait try more once it has dried and cured....

11. Update pics

Attached Files:

12. well here we go, new flowering bed, 12" deep is a must. ... can't believe how much work it was to transform to the new grow bed, Un real. Lava rock washed, hydroton rinsed , and what I already had, Recycled, and grow bed supports made , and a cover for the tank, where I can perform water tests, feed and keep things out of the tank, and still be able to reach in with a net to retrieve the koi once they get too big for the tank. Very clean setup, quite proud of it, just wish I would have done it the first time round, what a pain in the ars!
    I do want to state however, I transplanted immediately into the flowering room and turned the lights on, almost killed one in less than 5 minutes, this plant along with all the others are vegging in clf grow beds. So I am going to wait the 24 hours, give the plant a chance to recoup, then it's on. I have the 2 mainlined plants that will go in next, and 2 new cuttings , they will go in, in about a month, so I'm thinking every 2 to 4 weeks, just my math, wish me luck, oh btw, to those who are interested, I am trying Humboldts Secret golden tree for flowerowing so I expect a surprise from my plants from here forward....

13. Ok, day 3 of flower, I think some of the issues which there were more than one, the immediate transplant shock, the extreme change in lighting and I think I buried them too shallow. They nearly looked dead, so I put a screen below the light to lessen the light intensity until the plants feel at home again. They are looking better than yesterday, I was on the verge of pulling them out... but instead, burried deeper, lessened the intensity for a couple hours, and ph for flower is 6.2 and my fish seem to be so much happier, the same tank that I was using that would only hold 10 gallons of water because of the drain sticking down into the tank was too deep, it's gone now and the tank can hold 15 gallons and the water is clear as a bell, just can't wait till my golden tree product gets here....
    That's all for now. Keep u updated when things are majorly improved, I just hope with all the stress that I don't wind up with hermies, but if I do, I can make some killer hash, because I don't like picking seeds out of my smoke....

14. Looks like you have it figured out.

15. Sure as hell trying, I do the like loosing..... and this setup and method are great and very cheap.... easiest grow ever, and btw, the smoke is super smooth and great uppy high, ofcourse that came with the harvesting time, which I am pretty good at timing.... thx for reading
    Don't like losing , oops

16. Hey peopes, omfg!!!!!
    Ok let me explain..... I just got home and went to do my thing with the ladies of the garden.... I literally had to go back and look at my vegging ladies, and then turn back and look again , the purkiest, hungry for light, 400 hps 10" away, these ladies just into 3 weeks total, are acting like they are on steroids, everything about them is 150% in check, my fish are blind but alive and thriving, they knew food was coming. I have not come across an additive/supplement that can be added to aquaponics, and can boost the plant like this...... until now, unless my fish and plants die in the near future (days), I am convinced and will be looking for more...... Golden Tree, rocks!!!!!!! I thought originally about pulling the left plant, thought it was dead, holy shit, sorry, I know euphoria, and these 2 plants are in the middle of it..... lol!!!!

Attached Files:

17. I do not leave the fish tank like this 24 -7, thus is the second time I have used Golden Tree, and I like it when I check the tank and the water sparkles..... so I know when the plants have eaten it all.. it normally Clears it a day or 2, at least that's what happened last timea, but the growth and over all Look of fee plant wasn't like the pics, and the pics don't do it any justice....

18. The end of week 3, and nothing much to update other than the fish tank is still black from my last dose of golden tree, but it doesn't seem to be bothering the fish and plants still look like champs, and I thought one was dead, both as a matter of fact... I was going to pull one of them anyways.... hell not now.... they both look great...

Attached Files:

19. Psyched it's working out for you man.

Good job.

J

20. Man, this is the smoothest smoke I have ever experienced , and if it weren't for the blunt taste, i do believe there is no kick at all. And when I smoke I don't care for couch lock, very energetic high as well, I can actually smoke this and be functional. All this, and all I did was cut, trim, hang, cure smoke, no flushing, just fed the fish..... So for those who have supported me through this, thank you for not giving up, lol.... For those who said it can't be done and with good quality and quantity.... Hehehehe!