New Method of Growing anyone?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thefloweringman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Did you read my post again, when did I say it wouldn't grow?  I said you'd kill the shrimp most likely, and the MJ would not thrive.  IDK why you keep repeating what I just said?  I'm mildly confused, are you replying to the right person about this?

As long as weed is not legal why jeopardize your freedom by going out of your way to grow sub par product?  It's not like the judge is going to sentence you according to quality.  If growing leafy, nutrient starving grass was less of a crime then maybe that "If it's possible it's a good idea" mentality would fly, but until then if I go down it's going to be some dank that gets me there.

2. #22 ludachris420, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    I said that was in reference to barrys comment.you just decided to quote me after that so it kinda got wrapped up in both.why did the legalities of cannabis get added into its quality? cannabis is legal where I live so why could someone not experiment with it regardless of its quality? You added the legality to the quality remark not i...j.s. oh and yes. In many states and also the uk they actually do call for a larger punishment due to its quality.the call for harsher punishments for kush,skunk, etc.and yes I was speaking to you about what you said.yoy said it.you said cannabis could not thrive in the environments and I said yes they could.

3. #23 ludachris420, Apr 18, 2015
    You are the one who said cannabis could not survive in this environment. I said you were Incorrect for reasons that cannabis can uptake nutrients In other ways then the root system and they also do not require all the nutrients we think they do with the loss of yield and quality.you then added some legality reasons for not wanting to grow subpar product witch is not the case in a lot of states now.where I live cannabis is legal and is legal in a lot of places now so that part made no sense to me..maybe we both got confused in this somewhere but I still stand behind the fact the aquaponics could very well produce cannabis weather it is not yield and quality we might want it can be done and it's legality is irrelevant actually.

4. Because you said just because it can be done you should go for it.  I'm of the opinion since it's still illegal on a federal level it's something to consider.  Why you might ask, because once again to setup a proper aquaponic system it's got to be big, the kind of big that draws attention.

Don't be fooled there is an ebb and flow of how the government decides how to enforce marijuana policy, regardless of state laws medical or recreational.  Have you read this?  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/08/doj-medical-marijuana_n_7028734.html  We aren't out of the  woods yet.  They've flip flopped on this but they certainly wouldn't be discussing it if it was not something they are giving up on.   

Your telling me you don't consider the legal consequences of growing?  Colorado or not it should always be a consideration until this country goes fully legal.  Is the OP growing in a legal state?

I don't understand who you are replying to here so I'm out, but it's been fun.  I thought you said you don't give a shit in your first response, guess I'm just very confused.

OP if you would like some links let me know.  I know a few members here who have looked into a true aquaponic system and have some very good reads.  Best of luck.

6. #26 ludachris420, Apr 18, 2015
    lol
    If you want to quote federal cannabis laws you should understand it has never been there priority to enforce the c.s.a on civilians for small cannabis related offenses nor has it ever been known to.far as it being illegal on the federal level it does not concern me.they would only be able to attempt to shut down shops.even they do not have the funds nor man power to shut down home cultivation in 4 legal states. .no I do not worry about federal laws being enforced on people growing for personal use in there homes in legal states.lol. do you have any idea how many people are growing for personal use in there homes in co alone?.. Name one time the feds have arrested someone in the state of Colorado or any other legal state for growing cannabis for personal use In There homes? Especially post am64?your huff post link I seen the min it was posted by them.even in that article it will tell you they are still going after SHOPS not personal home grows.taking a law and exaggerating it to pass the point that they do makes no sense.yes it is still illegal on a federal level. No they do not go after personal grows in states that is legal.funny how people embellish what they read. Lol

7. #27 homer simpson, Apr 18, 2015

Listen this is an open forum for sharing opinions.  I shared an opinion, you interpreted...well I don't know what to call it.  When sharing an opinion of a project most people like to bring up issues/ concerns that may arise so you can figure out how to address them if need be.  Our problem seeing eye to eye is one simple fact.  Anyone who stayed half awake in elementary school should be able to keep a semi hearty plant alive.  To do it and improve is the goal.  One should not need assistance with average, or below average.  That can be attained as you said with a seed and some sand.  Do you still grow like this?  Absolutely not because you discovered you could achieve superior results by creating a proper environment.  

You are assuming 2 things.  

1 OP isn't worried about the legalities.  Just because you live without fear doesn't mean you should assume everyone else can do the same.

2 OP is satisfied to grow marijuana that just survived the grow, which I continue to agree with you.  One last time I do not think a plant will not survive, it's more so why bother?  Why did you start growing?  I can guarantee you quality was high on the list.  Why the hell would you then sacrifice quality to grow?  

If you've seen proper mj grown in an aquaponic setup let me ask you a few questions.  Did the set up sound as spartan as OP's? and how happy was the grower with the results?  Do they still grow in this set up?  Can you provide on link of a grow start to finish in aquaponics?  I'm not even talking a nice grow, anyone at all who actually finished the journal?

8. #28 ludachris420, Apr 18, 2015
    actually you quoted my opinion and interpreted it the way you wanted and i am entitled to rebuttal seeing as it IS a open forum so who you trying to tell that to? your the one ASSuming he does not live in a legal state hence YOU bringing the whole legality of cannabis up.and far as cannabis aquaponics,well I've Seen it in grow magazines in the shops in many issues for a few yrs now and in person here in co but i will add a couple links no problem,for more you can go find it yourself easily. your the one who thinks cannabis is so hard to grow in conditions that are not so adequate.like I said,oh how did this plant ever Survive without us..lol. I never ASSumed anything you did..

9. Did you read any of those links?

10. #31 homer simpson, Apr 18, 2015
    You didn't even read these did you>?

First link is High Times, disregarded.

Second link is not a closed loop ecosystem.  He's adding bloom nutes into the reservoir took me about 10 seconds to sniff that out.

I can now assume you have no idea what OP was talking about, thus the shrimp comment that started this whole conversation.

My apologies thefloweringman for sidetracking.  Best of luck, please keep a journal.  I sincerely hope you prove me wrong.  I'm pessimistic about the results, but in no way am I wishing ill toward your grow.  I'm going to bump your grow journal so it stays at the top where it belongs.

11. lol. No..your disregarded.

12. This is the advanced growing section you're clearly not taking this seriously based on that last remark.

I'll make you a deal.  You read up on closed loop ecosystem aquaponics, fact check everything I posted, and cross reference your links and we can continue this discussion.

13. #34 ludachris420, Apr 18, 2015
    actually it was your last post that shows you were not taking this seriously .all you want to do is make accusations of who I am ,how I act etc and whotf are you to do that,you nobody important to me at all . You can now emphasis the closed loop part all you want but that is clearly not your basis for arguing or whatever you call this.your a one sided person and I don't converse with adults who act like children. I've moved on you should do the same guy.like i said.its been done so look it up if your in disbelief. Nobody HAS to prove you wrong buddy,your nobody special.a person can choose to prove themselves right rather then thinking they need to prove someone wrong. Fuck off!

14. My apologies for the off topic remarks.  

I should have simply stated that it's going to be a challenge to get decent results in my humble opinion.  My comments were solely based on the very few aquaponic marijuana grows that I've seen thus far.  As an organic grower I'd like to believe in this method but I'm just not convinced thus far, hopefully OP will update and I'll be the first to eat crow if the harvest is decent.  

That's all.

15. Berry , not to be a bother or mean ass but, if u think it can't be done, u haven't researched any of it on-line. Tomatoes and such have to flower as well, and they do, the phosphorus comes in a rock/powder form, it doesn't take much, it is diluted in a pH corrected solution (water) and added to the bed, it can also be used as a foliage spray directly to the bottom side of the leaves.
    Goldies and koi are very hardy and have a tendency to be able to handle it. Can't wait to show the community the fruits of research but not a lot of labor. Guys my cost is minimal, 10% of that of which I spent for hydroponics. And while hydro is great and very viable way, it's expensive and aquaponics is very cheap. The biggest thing is obviously the flowering nutes needed, and as Homer said, root uptake of phosphorus isn't the only way to get the phosphorus in the plant, spray, or even in between the cycling of the tank. Meaning, if the normal cycle were to be 15 minutes and 45 off, I can turn the cycle back, instead of 15 on 45 off. Turn the pumps to once every 2 hours once or twice a day, the roots will then take up the diluted phosphate rock solution, and by the time the pumps turn back on, the amounts of the concentrate are so depleted from root uptake that the koi and goldies wouldn't be affected, just sayin.... pessimism doesn't get anything done. Can't be done, never tried!

16. I am indeed keeping the journal and will keep it updated. I really don't mind people's opinions, I just don't like when someone who hasn't tried nor wants to, has the audacity to make an uneducated guessing opinion. The journal is here for those interested, those who want to doubt just won't be smokin. I love challenges and learning new things and proving those nay sayers wrong.

17. #38 Berry, Apr 18, 2015

Sorry if my comment made it sound like I thought it was impossible.  I've seen videos online of a guy who has been growing cannabis with aquaponics for years, the key though is that he only uses it for watering his veg plants and then moves them to another room for flowering.  There are others who have succesfully grown sub-par crops all the way through.  I'll admit that it is an option for growing mediocre to low grade weed if you wanted to try it, but its not a good way to grow if you have means to grow almost any other way because of the bad results in the flowering stage.  

It is true that people use aquaponics to grow tomatoes, but I have personally been to two different large aquaponics farms over the years and both were used for mainly growing leafy green vegetables like lettuce, and one of the two was growing small cherry tomatoes also, but they said they did not get very good results trying to grow larger tomatoes  or other larger fruits.  They just couldn't get the nutrient levels high enough in their closed-loop systems to support large fruit or flower production.  

You can grow weed with aquaponics... but it will be shitty weed.

18. Ok, whatever u say, I choose to go my way, and ur input doesn't help it's exactly the opposite, so whatever, if it doesn't work for u ok, if you haven't personally tried it, u don't have a leg to stand on. Your posts are irrelevant, if u don't have anything positive to say, stop posting in my thread, I don't want to hear ur pessimism. Thx....

19. Aquaponic 3rd week

Attached Files: