Any Christians on here that smoke weed regularly?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Where I come from, I hardly know of any pot heads who are also Christian and the ones who are, are very moderate Christians and vice versa. I used to be a hardcore Christian myself until I discovered weed. Not much longer after that I became agnostic then atheist. I'm starting to wonder if the real reason weed is illegal is because it makes people loose their faith, or at least weakens it to the point where you would never even know they're believers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 sleepingblade, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    To be honest, not many. As they convert with the new found logic.....

Oh and I'm the opposite, i went from atheist (straighedge) to agnostic (stoner). I realized we are incapable of understanding all of the universes complex stuff, I'd be arrogant to think I knew there was no higher being. We think in a 3 dimensional way, like inside the box. We just don't know.

3. Although I don't define myself as "Christian" to others, Christianity is very much a part of my life experiences. In my late teens I was very much against drug use due to various factors such as some older siblings of mine who got into trouble with substance abuse, or my religious upbringing, or all of the "Don't do Drugs" propaganda that was aired during the eighties. But Nancy Reagan no longer takes residence in this head anymore. : )

It's pretty clear to me now though that Cannabis is a spiritual teacher. It helps to show your consciousness another way to look at things. It definitely is a substance that keeps you from becoming too ambitious too, which is a good thing. And I've found it's a great orgasm enhancer too.

------

4. I was a Christian too, but I don't think smoking weed had anything to do with me becoming agnostic/atheist.

5. I don't think weed leads to rejecting your religion, however; the age at which some begin smoking pot does align with our mental "puberty". Physically, we mature in our teens but our brains do not fully mature until at least our mid-twenties. Around this time we begin establishing ideals and views/perspectives.

I was raised Catholic and always had doubts, but it wasn't until my early twenties that I identified as agnostic. This just so happened to align with my early stoner days. That being said, MANY variables were occurring during this time period for me outside of JUST my weed habit (academically, socially, mentally).

Smoking weed can certainly provide a new perspective and I'm sure some have had epiphanies while stoned, but correlation is not causation!

My best friend is catholic and he smoked with me almost everyday for 4 years.

6. I am Christian ( Catholic ) and I smoke bud probably 1-2 times a month.

I believe God out the weed plant on this earth for us, to use. So I don't really believe smoking bud is a sin! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Weed makes me question religious dogma.

Weed also makes me question a godless existence.

So I find myself in the middle.

God is real, religion is fiction.

8. Methodist and proud of it. Smoke weed a ton.

You have it reverse. The far left would like to exterminate any and all religion. If smoking pot lead down the road of atheism then by god everyone should smoke it in the world view of the left wing nazi.

9. You guys might want to check out "Christians for Cannabis" on Facebook.

10. Im christian and I smoked weed.

11. I believe in the christian God, that he created the universe and is the only way to heaven but I don't really agree with religion.

12. Lol I would like to believe that god is real but the way constantine changed the bible into a pagan religion makes me think otherwise.

14. I'm a Christian and a daily toker. Over the years I've become less and less of an obedient Christian simply because I'm not going to let a book that everyone interprets differently, completely control my life. I believe in God, but I also believe that he is understanding and made the herb for our use! So if I go to hell for that, than shit...see yall there!

15. I don't believe in God, but I don't think weed has any correlation to lack of faith, at least no more than alcohol would.

I became an atheist around the time I started smoking, but like someone said it was the age for exploration and finding out who I was so a lot of changes in my life happened at that age. Now and I guess even back then I consider myself an agnostic atheist, because no matter how much faith you have you cannot be sure that your faith is the truth. It's a paradox because so many conflicting views absolutely believe theirs is the truth, so everyone is agnostic whether they know it or not. I guess my faith lies with no creator, but faith to me is just fabricated answers to unanswered questions.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

16. #17 GreenBudSmurfy010, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    I am a Christian and I've smoked weed about once a week for about the past 2 years. I do not question the existence of God. I'm also insisting on living out my beliefs recently, as I gave up any masturbation, lust, sex, etc. until marriage. I try to live by the ten commandments.

17. I am Catholic, and I've been smokin bud ever since like 2009 I think.

Personally, I don't believe smoking is a sin. I believe God made the weed plant for us to enjoy.

18. Representing!
    Smoke daily and still a Christian.

19. not religious in any way but my uncle is a hardcore christian and smokes weed all the time