Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does your weed still smell through a cap?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AB123557712, Mar 31, 2015.

1. #1 AB123557712, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    I keep mine in caps, or pill bottles that dispensaries put them in. It still smells through it. If i had the cap open then my entire room would smell. If i keep it closed then you can smell it from about 2 feet away. I feel like im the only one that has a problem with this. This is bad for me because if my parents go into my closet to get something they will smell it. I put it in a few plastic bags too, to help cover to smell. And i put that inside of a very thick jacket pocket with a zipper.

2. Mine smell too through a pill bottle...I've put an eighth in a duffle bag in my trunk and still smelled it in my car...just put your weed in a mason jar. Simple solution.

3. #3 AB123557712, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    yeah i used to have a small glass jar, no smell whatsoever, but i threw it away. I will buy one when i get a chance

4. #4 MissieBonita, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Have any baby food jars laying around?

5. no but that made me think of something, fuck thats bro my whole closet was smelling.

6. Those caps are permeable so after enough time weed smell gets through them. They're not meant to be smell proof containers, they're just meant to be smell proof from the dispensary to your house.  They expect you to put them in a glass jar or something at home.

7. Is it the twist cap? Those things do ot contain smell as well as the 1 piece pill bottle that pops open when you squeeze them.

But once a while I'll have something that will smell through those too.

Small glass jars (thick glass) with cork tops work very well or the clasp jars with cork lining.

8. Mason jar.

cheap.

effective.

9. Got a grocery store nearby? Just wander in and ask for preserve jars. It was only like $5 for 4 jars. Get a few and always have a place to safely store them buds.

10. #10 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I had a budtender ask me what color capsule I wanted and I told him it didn't matter because I was going to put the weed in a jar when I got home. He gave me this confused look and was like, "Why?"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Mason jars or hermetic jars are great for odor control. Any grocery store will have them with their baking aisle. If you have one near you, The Container Store will have smaller mason jars you can buy individually

12. i ended up using a nutella jar until i go out and buy a mason jar. Its been like 16 hours and it still doesn't smell.

13. airtight glass is the besy way to go . the lesser amount of air in your bags the better you can conseal the smell . plastic containers would be a temporary fix but unless you burp the container the smell will eventually find a way out . Another option would be to buy smell proof containers/bags that you can find at most of the bigger smoke shops those work pretty well as long as you take as much of the air out as possible

14. Wish I had that problem 😕. I live in a shit state.

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

It's plastic so it will eventually, but it just depends on how much bud you've got in there and how big the jar is. I'm sure it will be a day or two at least.