Encounter with homeless woman and her friend at a McDonalds

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mid man, Mar 31, 2015.

1. #1 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
        So the other night, I was driving home with my friend when we stopped at a McDonald's outside of Atlanta (Panthersville, Georgia) around midnight so I could take a piss and get my friend a meal while I was in there. I enter through the door that is closest to my friends car, go to the bathroom, and get her meal. I look around, and, trying not be racist here but I was the only white person in the building and it was obvious(just trying to point out how much I stood out). 

As I'm filling up my drink, a 5'5 black female that looked to be 25-35 years old, obviously a crack/meth abuser (rotten teeth and she had the 'mouth' lol) asked me for change. I told her I didn't have any (I had $0 in my wallet, wasn't lying, wouldn't have given her anything anyway) but it didn't really help that I was wearing a button down and khaki pants. I walked away before she had the chance to respond, because I don't feel bad for not giving somebody money to fuel their addiction.   

As I'm walking towards the door were I entered I notice it is blocked by the McDonalds trashcans and a guy sitting near the door at a table told me I had to use the other door. So I go to the other door and the homeless woman is waiting there with a friend that looked similar to her(also female, fucked up teeth etc etc). As soon as I opened the door she stood in front of the door and started talking (couldn't understand much of what she said mainly because I walked right back in as soon as I saw her) about she said something about 'no cameras'. At the time I had thought that she purposely blocked the door so that I couldn't get out through that exit, and she was indicating that there were no camera near the exit. 

So now i'm like well fuck, this lady just moved the McDonalds trashcan to force me to exit through the other door so I went to the other door and moved the trashcan to find out the door is locked (As I was thinking later the employees probably locked the door getting ready to close because it was late). Now I am legitimately scared because I am forced to exit were this homeless woman is with her friend. I have no money, I'm like 5'10 and 110 pounds so it's not like I'm some ripped mother fucker. I have no idea what this homeless ladies intentions are considering she is probably desperate to get high, and I wasn't about to find out. 

I happen to have my pocket knife on me (the blade looks like this http://i.imgur.com/yem7Ued.png ) and as I walked out the exit scared shitless thinking I was about to get robbed/jumped I pulled it out and held it in my right hand, ready to stab this bitch if she physically threatened me. The homeless lady was sort of off to the side (her friend was gone, this scared the shit out of me) and didn't approach nor talk to me this time. I was scared shitless because I thought her friend might be somewhere waiting for me to pass by and try to rob me. I now had to walk around the whole fucking restaurant to get to my friends car, as soon as I got to get told her lets get the fuck out of here.  

I believe if I hadn't of pulled out my knife it could have gone differently. She might have just been trying to guilt trip me or maybe harass me more. I don't know, I don't care, the fact that she was waiting outside the only exit gives me reason enough to believe she was going to do more than beg.

Oh yea, and this whole time I was stoned. 

2. Sounds sketch as fuck. Betchya that ruined your high hahah

3. #3 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    I forgot I was high when the lady asked me for change, kinda of killed my buzz because it sketched me a little bit.

4. Yea I probably would of left w/o my food fuck all that lmao

5. Are you a short rich white girl or something? You got scared over that?
    [​IMG]

6. thts why you have knifey

7. #7 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015

So there are 2 desperate homeless addicts blocking you from exiting the building, and your not scared?

Either you're 12 and your brain isn't developed enough to understand the value of your life, or you're stupid/lying. 

People get wasted over much much less all the time..

8. Sounds like you had a little weed adventure! My advice for next time: Don't pull out a blade unless you're going on the offensive or someone has already pulled something on you. What I've found is really great to do in situations like you describe is to look them in the eye and say something like, "I'm sorry, I don't carry cash on me" and then wait for their response, which is usually going to be something like "Thanks anyway" as they walk away.

9. #9 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    Yea, I figure now it wasn't a good idea to pull it out if I wasn't going to use it (didn't have a reason to use it because they didn't physically touch me). That's what sucks about having a knife/gun, you can't use i probably should have just told the manager to ask them to leave or something. But for fucks sake they were blocking the door, they escalated the situation. I didn't want to roll the dice and find out what would happen if I walked out the door unarmed with both of them out there, situation might have escalated further.  I was not about to be a target to whatever bullshit plan they had 

10. yea.. it didnt sound like you looked directly at her, and you said you walked away real fast before she could respond.   she probably thought you were tryn to dis her.

maybe pulling a knife out is a little extreme. but you said youre smaller, and obviously they were threatening you.. id say you were ok.   i mean if you think youre gonna get jumped and have great reason to believe so, and theres no cameras anyway, then fuck it.

That was my thinking too. If she was up in arms about anything, it was because she felt dissed. Always treat people decently and that generally rules out 99.5% of issues.

12. probably the best way to proceed is to not go back into that shithole again.   can you go to wendy's?

13. #13 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    I figured it was either

1) I don't show it and wait for them to rob me
    2) I don't show it, wait for them for rob me, then use it and somebody gets hurt for nothing
    3) I show it, they realize I have a knife and they fuck off and the situation doesn't go any further. Even if they have knives themselves they are still probably smart enough to realize that nobody wins a knife fight. 
    4) They could have just wanted to harass me on the way to my friends car for change

Again I have no idea what their intentions were but blocking the door/telling me there was no cameras was sketchy. That's what made me think they were about to rob me. And I had nothing to give them if they did try to rob me, and no idea how they would react. 

If she would have just asked me for change I wouldn't have been sketched out 

This could be it, I grew up in a nice town and have nobody has ever asked me for change so I don't really know how to react in a situation like this. I know people in bigger cities get begged for change all the time but I figure the beggars just fuck off once you say no. I was just trying to get my shit and be on my way didn't mean any disrespect to her though she might have taken it that way for some reason (I can't be the first person to just walk away right lol?). 

14. idk its scary stuff, you dont want anyone taking it from you.   definitley hold it tight.   in that scenario, blade down.   and if you get jumped, just start fuckin swingin. goddess forbid. and then run ._.

15. #15 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    Lol I think people are reading the TL;DR and thinking that I just pulled out a knife on this lady and threatened her. What happened was I pulled it out before opening the door to the exit and had it in my right hand with my right hand down. Didn't say anything to her, she didn't say anything to me both parties went their separate ways which is what I wanted to happen. 

>> [​IMG]

16. #16 Goldmine, Mar 31, 2015
    i read the whole thing...   didnt look at your knife though.

im just saying... in that defensive position coming out a door or etc..  hold the blade down...

17. No, I would'nt be scared. But thats because I'm a brooding internet edgelord, right? Not someone whose possibly just confident in their ability to defend themselves.

Everything's always about perceptions. It sounded like she was a bit perturbed over the interaction, and while there's maybe 0.0001% chance of her wanting to teach someone a lesson because they didn't give her money, there's a pretty decent chance that she might want to teach the snot nosed white kid who's looking down his nose at her (not saying you were, talking about perceptions) a lesson. That's why I suggest treating everyone the same. I don't care if you're a crack whore or the fucking queen of England, if you ask me for money the answer and my demeanor are going to be the same.

19. #19 Goldmine, Mar 31, 2015
    being nice to people is a good thing....   ive had all sorts of jobs where all sorts of ugly maniacs and fucked up retards, homeless weirdos, wild kids, bullies, ugly people, all sorts of people would cross my path... usually id have to be nice to them and id WANT to help them...  it just took some getting used to bc so many of them were so fucking weird.

20. That's not a knoife, THIS is a knoife

[​IMG]