Driving out of state with WA plates

Discussion in 'General' started by Indi420, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Sup GC. I'm heading on my first road trip down to vegas in a couple days and will be renting a car. We want to bring some bud with us but are worried with WA plates out of state we might be targeted by police / troopers in strict no marijuana states.  I mean we're just talking a real small amount of bud and some edibles.

Anyone heard of this kind of thing? Any extra precautions that should be taken?

2. It happens...I wouldn't cross state lines with anything.

Do that and get one that thinks "Oh hey, out of state, better do my diligent service of protecting local citizens from a potential interstate criminal syndicate" and it could be a much longer road since it falls under federal laws, trafficking, interstate transport (Not sure if they still would use an interstate law but they used to); all of those federal felonies.

Most I take across state lines is a J, I can tuck that shit and stash it away...All the while hoping we don't get to do the "Wait for the K9" dance.[​IMG]

3. Don't you watch drugs on national geographic?
    They have cops trained to spot this sort of stuff. Mostly around the legal states.
    They literally show you which routes and highways they patrol, which I thought was stupid of them, unless they want you to think that.

4. Why don't you drive down through Oregan where it's legal, down through California where it's practically legal, and then cross over into Nevada?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. And there is PLENTY to see on the way.

6. Dude, if you're going from WA to NV, what state is it that you think is going to be overtly anti-weed? WA-OR-NV is a pretty straight shot my friend. Where in WA are you? PM me if you want driving directions that keep you in WA OR and NV only.

7. Hide it real tight in the trunk if it's a rental. Could have been from anyone who rented it before.

8. I agree, anytime I drive with anything it's in the trunk. Just make sure it's jarred up. Unless you act super sketchy then you will be fine.

9. LOL the 'it's not mine' defense never holds up in court.

@OP I would just score in Nevada, not worth crossing state lines bro. Imagine if you get caught, now you have to travel back to that state for the court date. 

There'd be no court date. All the states he's going through could give a shit unless he's rolling with pounds. At worst there may be a ticket involved and confiscation. It's legal in WA, OR is decriminalized up to an O per adult, and I forget NV but unless it's biker unmentionable they're not going to care any more than OR does.

11. #11 RedganjaDown, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    It will if you follow these 3 steps........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzMbrMVrMjM

12. then what's his question then lol?

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. I think he reads too many posts by people in other parts of the country. I just looked up NV and it's also up to 1 oz per person, misdemeanor ticket no incarceration.  Idaho and Utah are the only states where he'd get incarcerated, and there's no reason to drive through them unless you're going the long way. CA is a $100 ticket for up to 28.5g and OR is a misdemeanor ticket, but nobody's enforcing marijuana law since it's legal in like 3 months.

14. I recently moved to Washington from Vegas... I need WA plates haha

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #16 TeresaHC, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I've driven a shitty honda out of state a few times with weed. And i plan on moving across country. Im bringing edibles for that though.
    Nothing has happened to me. Id say as long as you're not driving like a dumbass you will probably be ok.