Why does smoke deflect when it hits an object

Discussion in 'General' started by Dank_Williams, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Why does smoke deflect off objects and change its path of travel. Why doesn't it just stick? to whatever it likes and create condensation? I know I'm not usin the right words but u get what I'm tryna ask here

2. It does. Its called resin. Obviously wouldnt work in a large area where it can free flow though

3. Because its hitting a solid object,which makes it disperse and break up.

4. We need a physicist in here!

5. Because it has been defeated...And it does what any of us would do when we are defeated, separates and consumes the object from 360 degrees and break it down slowly, over time; so it will always feel us.[​IMG]

For the same reason that a baseball doesn't stick to a bat.

7. Well if u hit a baseball hard enough the bat can actually shatter do to it tryna take on the form of the baseball

8. an object in motion will remain in motion...

9. Smoke is less dense than whatever object it's hitting, so it conforms to the shape it's colliding with

Like pouring water into a glass

10. But the ball will never just stick to the bat. 

11. Some smoke molecules do stick.. but typically when it is smoke, there is heat.. and the electrons in the smoke molecules are too excited to adhere. When smoke hits something, the surface typically cools down some molecules and they can become subject to adhesion. Meanwhile, the smoke that is hotter and more excited clings to itself through cohesion.. that's why smoke travels the way it does. When you slowly release smoke onto a table top, a neat thing happens too. It will cling to the surface and sometimes rise up from there.. it's because the smoke molecules adhered to the table top and the rest of the smoke sticks to itself while the hotter molecules rise up.

12. You are exhaling smoke, a gas with random ricocheting particles. When these random particles are exhaled, that velocity it gets from you breathing out causes it to move in one motion. When that motion is obstructed with a solid object, these random particles ricochet off that solid surface, as well as have some gas resin, liquify and solidify over time.
    Like resin in a glass pipe.

13. Once a week I like to gather all my friends and we stand around in a circle deflecting smoke off stuff

[​IMG]

14. Unless acted on by an outside force

Science BITCH!