Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help-Question about tapering down marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Marlon Jambo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Hey, completely new to this forum, not new to weed though. hopefully I posted in the right section?

Briefly- I am a 22 yr old male. I started smoking in my later years of high school but it was very rare, like a couple times a month if i was drinking with friends or whatever which I also did rarely.

For the last 5 months though I have been smoking pretty much daily. I don't think it an addiction, but I could be wrong. My anxiety has been through the roof, overall I feel relief from smoking which is why I have been smoking so much. The problem is over the last 5 months, some days it will just be a couple bowls at night if i had stuff going on that day, BUT most days I would smoke to get high and overall feel like Ive been frying my brains out, which I wouldn't mind if It was just on weekends or something like that. I go into work high practically every shift. It's a complete joke of a job and probably would never get caught honestly, but at the same time its a good paying job that I don't want to risk losing and just the fact that I have to go in high to combat anxiety makes me feel awful when I'm sober. I hate the idea of resorting to weed to cope with anxiety so I finally went to the doctors to see if there was something he could do. Started on some generic Efforex, Only took if for 2 days though because i didn't react well to it, made me throw up all night, even shit myself a couple times, thankfully I was home, a lot of flu like symptoms, etc. So Anyways Im going back to see my doctor and have a referall to a physciatrist hopefully coming up soon. I'm trying to get stuff back together now, am hopeful that I can get put on something for my anxiety within the near future and not rely on pot. I want to wean down. So my question is has anyone ever had experience tapering off weed? or any advice about how I should go about doing it? Also I don't want to stop completely. Like I would like to be able to still smoke on weekends or something like that. I'm thinking maybe smoke a bowl or 2 spaced out a few hours a part at night time for the next week, then go down to one, then every other day, etc, but i have no experience with this and would like to hear from someone who knows or has done it. Also I have no timeframe to when ill actually get treatment for my anxiety and get my life back together but i try to be hopeful. I live in Canada, proud to be Canadian & everything but saying our health care system is superior is a huge misconception...It's free for a reason. But Want to start tapering down now anyways to the point where I can smoke casually. Any advice would be good. thanks

2. #2 TheDankBank, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Don't start using prescribed unmentionables (cant talk about anything besides marijuana, tobacco, an alcohol) they get u addicted an is worse for your health than smoking 100 joints a day.

From what you said I think ur anxiety comes from being paranoid. Paranoid bout ur job an ur health. Just quit cold turkey for 2 weeks. You will feel new for awhile and only smoke on weekends like you want.

You may get some withdrawl symptoms though, even though its not addicting, but if u put something in ur body for a long time a lot your going to get withdrawls.

TLDR: Dont get into prescribed umemtionables, quit cold turkey for 2 weeks, smoke only on weekends like u want.