Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

5 grams of wax or an ounce of good weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ismoketoomuch1, Mar 30, 2015.

1. hey everyone, going on spring break next weekend and was trying to decide between 5 grams of wax or an ounce of some dank, you all have any suggestions? both pretty good stuff, but im in a non-medical state. ounce would be around 250, as would the oil. thanks!

2. I'd go with the flower, but that's just me.

3. if you plan to smoke a bit with some new people you meet on spring break or anything like that then for sure go for the flowers. if the weed is some dank then I would go for that but for anywhere outside my home I would always rather carry along some bud instead of oil. to each their own, but herb would be my preference in your situation. if you're going somewhere and hanging out on the beach or plan to adventure after dark or smoke in public, it's not so easy to dab discreetly compared to a one hitter or a fat joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I'd go with wax if it was quality.

5. while I don't know too much about BHO though I have smoked it, I think it's personal preference. I guess it'd be same amount of times getting high since you don't use much BHO at a time, but I love flower, the taste the feel just everything

6. #6 4oclock20min, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    dat well purged wax or 4 grams and a q just to have a little flower

Spring break tho u might wanna roll up a lot idk i would be stealth with my gpen then get ripped with the rig at night just me tho

7. How about 2.5g of Wax for your personal stash and half an ounce of flower to party with your friends (and strangers)?

But if I had to choose between the options you gave me I would choose the ounce.

8. I'd go with 2.5g's of wax and a half of flower

9. If you're gonna be smoking a lot with friends definitely buy the bud. When I'm smoking in a group I get kinda irritated when someone breaks out the oil because it just gets me instantaneously baked and usually that too baked feeling which I don't like. Weed is better for groups because you can all keep toking on it over time and still not get that too high moment. Plus wax is a bad choice in the first place, it's got way more plant matter in it usually plus the person is overcharging for it. I mean $50/gram especially when you're buying five and he doesn't give a discount? The weed is the better deal by far. If I bought 5 grams of oil I'd expect 35 at most per gram and no way would it be wax.

10. Its very easy to dab in public i used to do it all the time every where with my vape pen.

If i was you dude id get the wax its way easier to transport and wont stink up your car/room plus youl get super baked

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum
    Its very easy to dab in public i used to do it all the time every where with my vape pen.

If i was you dude id get the wax its way easier to transport and wont stink up your car/room plus youl get super baked

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. 2.5 wax; half of flower
    wax when you personally want to rip
    flower when you wanna hang out and rip some doobies with friends

12. 👽

Attached Files:

13. When in doubt, do half and half.

14. Whoa whoa whoa
    1. How do you get irritated when people start dabbing? Just say no?
    2.i beg to differ. Oils better in groups because its most efficient.
    3. The whole point of wax is to extract the oil from the plant matter
    4. The wax is a better deal. You yield 1g for every 7g of bud and its 50$, i doubt he's getting quarters for 50$.

15. Alright don't freak out if any of my facts aren't completely accurate because the majority of 'facts' people spread about drug info is just speculation or opinion. 1. I don't like being with groups who smoke oil because it's just boring, they all take one hit and are super baked instantaneously and boom, everyone is a couch potato that doesn't really want to do much. 2. Obviously oil is more efficient that's not what I'm talking about, when you're smoking weed in a group you're all getting that light mellow laughy type of high that keeps progressing as the session goes on, nobody gets that too high feeling ever, nobody gets super baked within 10 seconds. Everyone is still energized and can still participate in stuff because they're not insanely baked on oil. Oil gives you a different type of high because it's all thc, none of the cannabanoids or (I cannot remember the word right now) other health benefits. 3. Wax literally originated from poor purging techniques, it often has quite a bit of butane left in it, usually has consistently more plant matter in it, it spawned from poor technique and compared to clean, purged to perfection oil, it is on par with kief in my mind. I've had this new prototype oil or whatever you want to call it, this guy was talking highly of it because he believed he found a genius new method of hash extraction(he's the scientist type), and that was by far the cleanest oil I've ever had. I took a couple enormous dabs out of wayyyy too big of an oil rig and it was just like taking in a deep breath so I know from good and bad concentrates. 4. I'd just always take bud over wax, plus he can use the bud for other things, kief, making his own oil, and smoking it. You've got more options when you've just got bud.

16. #17 JaysForDays, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015

Lol you're pretty misinformed man. THC is generally getting extracted(mainly solvents do this) but cbd oil's and other alternatives still exist. Idk where you get your oil from, but if any plant matter is in it they messed up big time. Like it's actually really hard to pull that much chlorophyll with tane. Also, concentrates didn't originate from poor purging techniques.. Extractions to make concentrates have been around a loooong time, you must be thinking of butane, which also was still possible to get made pretty well 5-10 years ago as long as an idiot isn't the individual making it. If you think kief is "on par" with solvent extraction or any other concentrate that isn't pressed kief for that matter you have a lot to experience.

Also that's only your group of friends, my friends can get really energized after a dab and we can steady take dabs over a long period of time, even newer people in our group can and we tend to do activities and not just sit around. Cannabis could never be replaced by oil but it is a better deal in some situations, such as this one. It really is all personal preference though. I prefer to be able to wake up, get high inside by dabbing (no smell), and not have to smoke a whole bowl to get high (because my throat doesn't want that in the morning, or ever, really)

You can reclaim your oil, which is fucking awesome, and it tastes fucking amazing if you can get some good quality product. Yeah, oil is definitely superior in all ways, super convenient, and a better deal money wise. I gaurentee you don't have your own rig and don't have access to or haven't ever gotten any quality oil to truly appreciate it. Most people don't understand the benefits, so I don't blame you. But it's cool man stick to yo guns [​IMG]

17. #18 ganjatree47, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    the bud for sure man.

or you could just take both ?! maybe like a half 0 and a few grams of wax.

18. lol alright here just read this carefully because I don't want to have to deal with replying to another misinterpreted counter argument ha. Alright first off oil is in no way superior in all ways, that is obviously an opinion. Second, quit with your blind assumptions. I have a great rig setup and I have had access to quality oil for a long time. The oil I get literally doesn't hurt your throat when you hit it, it's like breathing in air and even a tiny little speck gets you baked. Oil is a periodic thing to use for me because getting baked all day every day is definitely not how I want to spend my time. I simply have more important things to do than get too high every day. With weed you get wayyyyyy more benefits, can help you eat, sleep, relax, fixes stomach aches, head aches, it helps with a lot of problems that oil doesn't because it's pure thc and that's practically a different drug, weed is a bit of a mixed bag.

I literally never said that concentrates spawned from poor purging technique, WAX is what originated from poor purging techniques, it generally still had plant matter and traces of butane in it(which is proof of poor purging), that is how wax originally started. And again, I literally NEVER said that I believe kief is on par with other concentrates, you're simply turning my words around. I think kief is on par with wax, because they're often at a similar thc content and wax veryyy often has plant matter still in it(I can taste it in the hit from multiple good wax sources). If you can't handle the smoke from weed, that's not my problem and it's certainly not a good point on why you think oil is better. I hate going to someones house and all they fucking do is take huge dabs and stay inside, and then I'm offered a dab and it's usually still purged very poorly so it tastes bad, burns bad, and also gets you the too high feeling. Like I said this guy I know has a new extraction method of his own creation, I'll have to ask him more about it but still not much oil compares to his cleanliness wise. I prefer being high, not being baked because there are better things to do.

No, it's barely an opinion anymore. it IS more convient, it IS more potent (even though you can take super small dabs that would not equal even a hit of weed), and it IS a better price, especially in this case. The ONLY way trees are better is if you enjoy hot smoke and gross smelling pipes. You don't have to get that "certain high" that you're talking about, it must just be the oil that you're dabbing. I'm sorry you and your friends experience it differently with the underpurged garbage but it's really very very similar to the flower that you made it with and the high definitely is too if you make it right. Especially if you take the flower and the oil made from the flower and put them side to side. And oh my god.. who are you getting wax from that has plant matter in it. are you talking and lipids and such? Maybe the oil that you got wasn't made through butane? And no it DID NOT start from poor purging techniques, that became a result of people who tried to blast and have never had a science lesson. I promise you, go look at oil from back then, some guys product are disgusting, but others were doing it pretty well for not being able to have any background knowledge on it, and no vaccums. Once again, kief is not on par with oil's in terms of potency, that's proven because kief has all of the heads of the trichomes making the weight of it / and the potency of it definitely not even on the same path as other concentrates, especially bho. If you want solventless oil, do some rosin tech. I can tell right now you're uninformed just because you're calling it wax, and that's essentially the main thing you're trying to get out of the oil when doing the dewax process. You're so uninformed man, not all bho is thc based, i promise you. And no, it's not a different drug, it's the exact same compounds. You go ahead and keep thinking smoking trees is better though, my solution is healthy, no smoke, tastes GREAT, doesn't smell too much when dabbed, and on top of that I get like 1/3 of my oil back through reclaim. It's definitely better man. and if that's an opinion, well then my opinion is just plain better than yours.