Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Meeting other stoners at a private christian college?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by blottie, Mar 30, 2015.

1. So I'm graduating, heading to university soon, but that also means letting go of all my friends and going to a place where I don't know anyone. At first glance this all seems fine; I live in California, most of my friends have cards, half of my neighborhood smokes; going to college should be stoner central right?

Except the only school I got into was a private christian school.

I have no clue how to go about this; there are probably other people like me who are down, but since this wouldn't be a public school it's definitely not gonna be as easy. While it would technically be legal (getting my card before school starts), it's against school policy. So, my question is, what are some discreet ways to see/ask if someone smokes?

2. Trust me bruh.  It's college you'll definitely find people, Christian or not, private or not, everyone likes smoking a little bud.  Even Jesus I'd wager.  [​IMG]

3. All my friends I smoke with are Christian and I'm agnostic so im sure you will meet people. I imagine a lot of people are going there for the college aspect rather then religious reasons, just like you

4. May I ask what college? My bro goes to PLNU, it's a Christian college in San Diego. It might be a public school but he found lots of weed so I think you'll be fine.

5. Where ever this is money is to be made there will be someone to get it. Good luck on your search!

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

6. Just because it's a christian college doesn't mean that everyone that goes there is a fundamentalist right wing christian. Unless it's BYU or a seminary school, it's all going to be pretty normal.

7. Yeah bro I go to a very, very small Methodist school . By small I mean 1,100 students and everyone on the baseball and basketball team smoked. I thought I was the only one at first but turned out everyone did. What I did, was just make friends with everyone and eventually over heard them talking about burning. And I could find some the very next day. You'll be alright!

8. Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess it won't be so bad; when I visited the campus there were some dudes smoking a joint behind the dorms. I guess I'll just make some friends and find out who burns haha

For the person asking about the school, it's California Baptist University in Riverside

9. Weed is an argument in the Christian church but my belief is that God put on this earth to use. There is zero wrong with smoking pot but when it becomes what you worship that's when it becomes sin.

That being said that's the way a lot of modern day Christians feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Who the fuck goes to a christian university
    just the thought makes me cringe

11. It's not illegal for you to have a card and go to this school...

12. Yea and they are usually a lot more expensive since most are private. Imo there's no point since students are taught the same things in general. Only difference is that there is more of a focus on religion, but it's not necessary to get a job imo. I'm a Christian and I don't have to go to a Christian college to prove that.

13. It wasn't my choice, it was my safety school and every other school either rejected or waitlisted me. Public universities in California are really competitive now, I have a 4.1 gpa and a 2040 on my SAT and the only school I got into was this one.  It kinda sucks, but that's my fault for applying as an engineering student.

14. WORD

15. There is no way. Unless you applied to Stanford, cal poly, Harvard, Yale, etc. you would get accepted to other colleges. I had a 2.1 and a 1530 sat and I got into San Jose state, humboldt state, and sonoma state

16. I applied to UCLA, UC Berkeley, Cal Poly SLO (all three rejected me which I could kind of understand), UCSD and UC Irvine. The last two schools waitlisted me; SD I could kind of see, since it's one of the more competitive UCs, but Irvine waitlisting me felt like a slap in the faaace man. It's not the most competitve- still a great school- but with my scores and extracurriculars I was convinced I'd get in haha. Definitely sucked when I saw that waitlist notification.

I'm majoring in Biomedical Engineering so I wanted to apply to some good STEM focused schools and thought I could aim high but guess not

17. Bruh I'm in the same situation. Not be a cocky dick, but I'm a senior at this hardcore preppy private school where nobody smokes. I hate that whole crowd so I hangout with all my friends from the local public school, I'm friends with everyone there. The only issue is that now it's time for college, and the schools I got into are much different than the schools all my friends got into. I don't wana be stuck in another preppy school where nobody tokes.

18. Yeah I got rejected from all the Cali schools too and had a 2300. I am out of state too which is a bummer cause I was trying live in Cali for 4 years and get a medical card. Did you look at Santa Barbara too? That's another good place to be.

I'm going to suggest you start making friends with those around you in your school. Growing up, the 'preppy' school was the one that was filled with people with disposable incomes doing all types of unmentionables and weed all the time.

20. Nah people only drink, nobody smokes, and it's not like I'm against anyone there I'm friends with some people and get along with everyone I go to parties and shit so I know what everyone does. I'm just not like real friends with them